so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,199
    Hard to argue with. Fucking stupid good.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I always say and will say again: JRP for either cheesesteaks or roast pork. Just the best.

Cliff you've got me in the mood for some musi now, that is the Sunday RedZone Day Meal.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    I love heart. The duck heart at zahav is the best thing on the menu.

if You are looking for heart in that sandwich, you’ll see it, otherwise it passes for dark meat.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Heart and Liver, both A+ stuff, I want to try that Sammie! 
    These are the roast pork and Philly Hot that Cliff hyped up from Musi. I had to get it. This was yesterday. And I'll say I'm still paying for the Philly Hot. It's no joke lol.

Ha.  That is awesome
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Beat it with the heart and liver nonsense....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Grow up
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Fried chicken gizzards FTW!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,300
    Beat it with the heart and liver nonsense....
    Grow up
    We should be eating/using the whole animal.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    dankind said:
    Fried chicken gizzards FTW!!!

one of the best things ever
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
    My friend took me to that place and I said to him: "You're taking me to John's ROAST PORK? for a CHEESESTEAK?" and he said: "Trust me"

And, he was right. VERY GOOD cheesesteaks!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Donkey's was one of the honorable mentions. I still need to get over there at some point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,043
    Donkey's was one of the honorable mentions. I still need to get over there at some point. 
    I've heard really good things about that place from a few people who've made the trip from Central jersey recently.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Pastificio's today. Big day of eating meats and cheeses on rolls. This is their namesake hoagie, The Pastificio. So goddamn good.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,624
    Pastificio's today. Big day of eating meats and cheeses on rolls. This is their namesake hoagie, The Pastificio. So goddamn good.

I am a bit hungover today. I could devour that.

Pastificio is the GOAT for hoagies in our opinion. So many other amazing places (and surely so many more that I’ve yet to try) but every single hoagie we’ve got from there, it seems impossible to improve upon it.
    RiotZact said:
    Pastificio is the GOAT for hoagies in our opinion. So many other amazing places (and surely so many more that I’ve yet to try) but every single hoagie we’ve got from there, it seems impossible to improve upon it.
    Agreed. Top of the list when it comes to cold cut sandwiches. It's Fatboy Day in this house. This is my favorite of theirs, the Prosciutto Special:

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    I’d F up both of those sammies. Nothing better than good cold cuts. 
    The prosciutto special is usually the reason we go there. It’s my girlfriends favorite and nothing else comes close in her eyes. I usually try to get something different each time, but I think my favorite is still the one that I got the first time we went there, about a year ago. It has cold roast beef, fresh mozz, and rabe. I think I posted a pic here. So good. 
    Yeah that looks awesome.

Had angelo’s on Friday. Pizza is obviously good (though I think a bit overrated), but that cheesesteak might be the best in the city 
    Yeah that looks awesome.

Had angelo’s on Friday. Pizza is obviously good (though I think a bit overrated), but that cheesesteak might be the best in the city 
    Try the longhots Sammie there?
    Yeah that looks awesome.

Try the longhots Sammie there?
    A specific sandwich or the bread they make with long hots from time to time? I tried to get the cheesesteak on the long hot bread but they were sold out.
    Long hot bread sounds fucking amazing. Makes much more sense than that fuckin' Philly Hot.

I have to get myself to Angelo's for this here cheesesteak. And I agree, I think overall the place is overrated. Cheesesteak might alter that.
    There was one with a funky name that they put long hots on - with a chicken cutlet and a cured meat, forget which one.
    They have great Sammies.
    Long hot bread sounds fucking amazing. Makes much more sense than that fuckin' Philly Hot.

I have to get myself to Angelo's for this here cheesesteak. And I agree, I think overall the place is overrated. Cheesesteak might alter that.

The cheesesteak is really really good. 
    Ah ok! This sounds perfect. Know who has this in bagel form? Korshak.
    Ah ok! This sounds perfect. Know who has this in bagel form? Korshak.
    I haven’t been and only read something about that spot when it first opened, then the Times highlighted them. Assume it’s a pain to get right now 
     I saw that, crazy. It's never been a pain for me except for when they originally opened. Since they now have consistent hours I've never had a problem, since I go early. I won't go any later than 9, mayyybe 930. After that F it. I don't wait in ridiculous lines for food. Check it out, good stuff, just get there early.