Fox News

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited September 2020
    yeah, cuz fox news cares about private citizens breaking those laws. 

on the lighter side, trump should totally start calling her fancy nancy. lol
    Right!  It has a nice ring to it :)
    It was a tough choice between “antsy” and “fancy”.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:
    She took her mask off to wash her hair.

Take a breath folks, you sound like lunatics frothing at the mouth to stick it to Nancy.

With all that's happening this was the biggest news for some yesterday, unbelievable and embarrassing.
    Agreed it’s not the biggest story. But it’s funny and worth pointing out. Her apology of blaming the salon was great. Definitely worth mentioning, but not headline worthy.
    I, for one, just look forward to all of the “Nancyisms” that will come from this!  I cannot believe she is whining about a “setup”.  Like she didn’t know the state mandates...It’s not the barber shop’s fault that she is a dumbass.  They don’t need to apologize, she does to the American public.  Fuckin’ Nancy...
    I liked Nancy when she let her freak flag fly.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4761697/user-clip-nancy-pelosi-advocating-younger-women-congress-1988
    May want to edit that first sentence ;)
    I didn’t know it was a “flag”, I just thought she was a freak...learn something new every day!
    Yikes! Done. Thanks.

If you could do the same for me, I'd appreciate it.

I don't ever want to be associated with using such a word.

EDIT: Thanks, @PJPOWER
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

Take a breath folks, you sound like lunatics frothing at the mouth to stick it to Nancy.

With all that's happening this was the biggest news for some yesterday, unbelievable and embarrassing.
    Agreed it’s not the biggest story. But it’s funny and worth pointing out. Her apology of blaming the salon was great. Definitely worth mentioning, but not headline worthy.
    I, for one, just look forward to all of the “Nancyisms” that will come from this!  I cannot believe she is whining about a “setup”.  Like she didn’t know the state mandates...It’s not the barber shop’s fault that she is a dumbass.  They don’t need to apologize, she does to the American public.  Fuckin’ Nancy...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4761697/user-clip-nancy-pelosi-advocating-younger-women-congress-1988
    I didn’t know it was a “flag”, I just thought she was a freak...learn something new every day!
    Yikes! Done. Thanks.

No doubt, and done :)
    Surely no one around here would lambast you for an accidental word use!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

Yikes! Done. Thanks.

it was a setup
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dankind said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    dignin said:

Yikes! Done. Thanks.

it was a setup
    Yes!  Your timing is impeccable :). That did make me chuckle out loud a bit!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    focksnooze is about as anti-american, racist, and xenophobic as you can get.
    Just like the puppet they have in the white house.
    The lying, racist, xenophobic piece-of-shit-in-chief 

Now imagine their viewers and his supporters
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814

And Fox News is strictly minor league, now. It's like complaining that kids play too many video games and referencing Atari.  Between OANN and QAnon and other stuff on the Web that I've never heard of, Fox Current Events-Related Entertainment is reasonable.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269

Another prime example of bigotry and hatred right here. Does it makes you feel better to put people into groups and then call them names? This is not what America needs. If you want to change America, then be the change. This is just more of the same hatred that divides us all.

Minor League FOX News just finished the 224th consecutive month of being the most watched cable news network in prime time and total day but who's counting? It must be all of us anti-american racists.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited September 2020
    JB16057 said:

Another prime example of bigotry and hatred right here. Does it makes you feel better to put people into groups and then call them names? This is not what America needs. If you want to change America, then be the change. This is just more of the same hatred that divides us all.

Minor League FOX News just finished the 224th consecutive month of being the most watched cable news network in prime time and total day but who's counting? It must be all of us anti-american racists.
    What I meant by "minor league" is that they're not really what's driving the hard-core right. It's the most important, in fact only important, basic cable news station.  But what's really driving the divide right now is QAnon, OANN, and the like.

Fox News is definitely represents what America and its general public more than any other news station. (though that doesn't negate some of the words Bentleyspop used).

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    OnWis97 said:
    JB16057 said:

What I meant by "minor league" is that they're not really what's driving the hard-core right. It's the most important, in fact only important, basic cable news station.  But what's really driving the divide right now is QAnon, OANN, and the like.

Fox News is definitely represents what America and its general public more than any other news station. (though that doesn't negate some of the words Bentleyspop used).

Given that more people identify as Democrats, that they won the midterms 2 years ago, and that their historically unpopular candidate got 3 million more votes than the Fox News approved candidate, how did you come to this conclusion?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    JB16057 said:

I don't feel " better" about it but I'm good with it.
    Because if you support a racist or racist policies, or even watch a tv station with a racist agenda i.e. fucker tarlson, in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you a racist as well.

I'm also guessing that If you added up MSNBC and CNN and the broadcast networks nightly news ratings they would total higher than racist r us.
    JB16057 said:

Because if you support a racist or racist policies, or even watch a tv station with a racist agenda i.e. fucker tarlson, in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you a racist as well.

I'm also guessing that If you added up MSNBC and CNN and the broadcast networks nightly news ratings they would total higher than racist r us.
    i disagree with this. this makes 60 million people racist. which i don't buy. it's more about your priorities as a voter. some put race relations at the top, some put right to life at the top, some put healthcare, some put infrastructure or the economy. just because someone doesn't hold race relations at the top, and votes for the candidate that may be racist but also represents a different core tenet of their political self interest, that doesn't make them a racist. 

has justin trudeau worn blackface on more than one occasion? yes. does that mean he's a racist. some say yes. does that make me a racist because i voted for him twice? i don't think so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    JB16057 said:

i disagree with this. this makes 60 million people racist. which i don't buy. it's more about your priorities as a voter. some put race relations at the top, some put right to life at the top, some put healthcare, some put infrastructure or the economy. just because someone doesn't hold race relations at the top, and votes for the candidate that may be racist but also represents a different core tenet of their political self interest, that doesn't make them a racist. 

has justin trudeau worn blackface on more than one occasion? yes. does that mean he's a racist. some say yes. does that make me a racist because i voted for him twice? i don't think so. 
    Exactly. Great post 
  • JB16057 said:

Team Trump Treason’s base, that 35%, 22,000,000 who pulled the lever, though, they can be racist, right? That’s not outside the realm of numbers/possibilities, right? Add all voters because dems can be racist too, right, and that number climbs to 45,000,000. 45,000,000 racist Americans, approximately 14% of the population. Sounds about right. Deplorable.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    JB16057 said:

Team Trump Treason’s base, that 35%, 22,000,000 who pulled the lever, though, they can be racist, right? That’s not outside the realm of numbers/possibilities, right? Add all voters because dems can be racist too, right, and that number climbs to 45,000,000. 45,000,000 racist Americans, approximately 14% of the population. Sounds about right. Deplorable.
    the number could be accurate, but there's no way to know. and it certainly does not rest on one category of voters. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JB16057 said:

the number could be accurate, but there's no way to know. and it certainly does not rest on one category of voters. 
    I included repubs and dems. Maybe I should have included third party and indies? I think there are ways to know but that’s for wicked smart people to figure out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    JB16057 said:

I included repubs and dems. Maybe I should have included third party and indies? I think there are ways to know but that’s for wicked smart people to figure out.
    fine, two categories. either way, it's very short sighted and simplistic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JB16057 said:

And lo and behold other people smarter than me have thought about it. For what it’s worth.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wdbnjx/how-racist-is-america

Brilliantati©
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited September 2020
    And Sleepy Woke Joe had some intelligent and interesting things to say about racism in the US today in Kenosha. It’s uncomfortable but he’s not afraid to talk about it and he can speak to specifics on policy to address it. You can disagree with his policy proposals but you can’t legitimately claim that Team Trump Treason has a clue.

Brilliantati©
  • JB16057 said:

What’s short sighted? Being honest that systemic racism exists and 14% of the US population can be racist? If you look at the wealth and power of the 1% in the US and then think 14% of them are racist, would that not be enough to keep the black population at roughly 13% over the past 50 to 75 years? Think about it, that’s all I ask.

Brilliantati©
    And Sleepy Woke Joe had some intelligent and interesting things to say about racism in the US today in Kenosha. It’s uncomfortable but he’s not afraid to talk about it and he can speak to specifics on policy to address it. You can disagree with his policy proposals but you can’t legitimately claim that Team Trump Treason has a clue.

First off, I don't appreciate being labeled as a racist which I am not. Yes, I watch FOX News as I do CNN and MSNBC.

Second, Joe Biden met with Jacob Blake's family yesterday and spoke of racism against blacks. Why didn't Joe address the anti-Semitic remarks that Jacob Blake's father has said many times on social media?  How about the racist remarks against white people?  Jacob Blake's father is as racist as they come. I appreciate when racism is called out but if we aren't going to call out ALL racism, we aren't doing enough.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited September 2020
    JB16057 said:

First off, I don't appreciate being labeled as a racist which I am not. Yes, I watch FOX News as I do CNN and MSNBC.

Second, Joe Biden met with Jacob Blake's family yesterday and spoke of racism against blacks. Why didn't Joe address the anti-Semitic remarks that Jacob Blake's father has said many times on social media?  How about the racist remarks against white people?  Jacob Blake's father is as racist as they come. I appreciate when racism is called out but if we aren't going to call out ALL racism, we aren't doing enough.
    Biden addressed an all-encompassing hate as well.  

Also, when you're offering someone with a paralyzed son and three traumatized grandchildren your empathy and compassion, you don't really pick that time to also harass that person about his/her warped ideologies.

Would've been pretty funny, though. Maybe Biden's most awkward moment yet in a lifetime filled with awkward moments. 

Maybe he'll have Corn Pop handle this after some time has passed.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    JB16057 said:

Pretty funny listening to him give that anti racism speech while he is in fact a bigot and an anti-Semite.  But who cares right? He was nobody until his son got shot. He’s just one of millions. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    dankind said:
    JB16057 said:

Biden addressed an all-encompassing hate as well.  

Also, when you're offering someone with a paralyzed son and three traumatized grandchildren your empathy and compassion, you don't really pick that time to also harass that person about his/her warped ideologies.

Would've been pretty funny, though. Maybe Biden's most awkward moment yet in a lifetime filled with awkward moments. 

Maybe he'll have Corn Pop handle this after some time has passed.
    Only if he sniffed his hair afterwards. 
  • JB16057 said:

Did I label you racist?

Brilliantati©
    JB16057 said:

Did I label you racist?

No and I apologize because my post did make it seem that way. I was referring to a few posts above which others said that watching FOX News means I and a large group of others are racist.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JB16057 said:

Did you vote for him after you knew he wore blackface? And as a follow up we’re you ok that he wore blackface?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

Did you vote for him after you knew he wore blackface? And as a follow up we’re you ok that he wore blackface?
    i did. for one, I wasn't going to vote for scheer. for two, voting for singh was a throwaway (normally I don't care about that, I always vote for whom I want to vote for regardless if it's a "third party" vote, but the stakes were too high on this one in my opinion). for three, i think he did it out of ignorance and not out of being a racist. why do i give him a pass? because i honestly didn't know it was a racist thing until this all blew up. i've never done it, but it honestly never crossed my mind that it would be an issue. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    JB16057 said:

i did. for one, I wasn't going to vote for scheer. for two, voting for singh was a throwaway (normally I don't care about that, I always vote for whom I want to vote for regardless if it's a "third party" vote, but the stakes were too high on this one in my opinion). for three, i think he did it out of ignorance and not out of being a racist. why do i give him a pass? because i honestly didn't know it was a racist thing until this all blew up. i've never done it, but it honestly never crossed my mind that it would be an issue. 
    It blows my mind that some people didn’t know blackface was racist... I’m not a kid that grew up in pc culture.  I grew up in the 80’s and 90’s and knew that shit was bad just like the black lawn ornaments and old cartoons with the Red lips etc.  I grew up in the middle of nowhere in a largely white rural area  and there wasn’t exactly a source of info to tell me that stuff was wrong either. So who knows maybe some people didn’t know it was bad for 100s of years....

as for voting I’m not Canadian so it’s none of my business.  It gives me pause that it seems like the only reason we vote for anyone these days in any country is because the alternative is worse.  Clearly there is something wrong at the root of this kind of system. I can’t imagine that this whole but the alternative is a disaster business is going to help us make any progress.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden