Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Everything's up on Amazon if you'd like the album on the release day or at least pretty close to the release date. Same prices that are on the TP website. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Everything except the Super-Deluxe-Editions...
  • 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 8/22/24, 9/7/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24

8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17, 7/3/19, 2/4/22

11/4/16
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited September 2020
    heard confusion wheel on tp radio.

ordered.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2020
    So stoked this has finally become a reality!! The 3-LP version is just fine for me, and I can hardly wait.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Fantastic article.

"After the Heartbreakers’ last show, at the Hollywood Bowl on September 25th, 2017, Petty hosted an intimate party at his and his wife’s room at their Bel Air hotel, where he talked with Ferrone about what he had in mind: playing the original Wildflowers start to finish, followed by the rest of the material, with guests like Stevie Nicks, Eddie Vedder, and Steve Winwood. 'It would turn into a massive band,' Ferrone says. 'He had a lot of ideas. If anyone could have pulled it together, it would have been Tom. It would have been fabulous.'”

• 5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 8/22/24, 9/7/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24

11/4/16
  • Fantastic article.

"After the Heartbreakers’ last show, at the Hollywood Bowl on September 25th, 2017, Petty hosted an intimate party at his and his wife’s room at their Bel Air hotel, where he talked with Ferrone about what he had in mind: playing the original Wildflowers start to finish, followed by the rest of the material, with guests like Stevie Nicks, Eddie Vedder, and Steve Winwood. 'It would turn into a massive band,' Ferrone says. 'He had a lot of ideas. If anyone could have pulled it together, it would have been Tom. It would have been fabulous.'”

Now this is a great article.
    The superband with Tom Petty and Eddie Vedder would have been amazing!

Can't wait for the new Wildflowers album!
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Fuck,  this and Facelift, one hell of a day 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Finally pulled the trigger on the 9-LP Super Deluxe. Watched the AnalogPlanet unboxing, and couldn't resist.
  • MedozK said:
    Finally pulled the trigger on the 9-LP Super Deluxe. Watched the AnalogPlanet unboxing, and couldn't resist.
    Pretty sure you won't regret it.
    I also ordered the 9-LP-Set and can't wait to get this beauty.
    A fantastic album needs a fantastic release, and this surely is one.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    hearing more new stuff off this on tp radio on siriusxm....

me likely.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Not a massive Tom Petty fan by any stretch however I do like a number of his songs (the more popular ones etc..). Is this considered his best album?? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Not a massive Tom Petty fan by any stretch however I do like a number of his songs (the more popular ones etc..). Is this considered his best album?? 

That's a hard question to answer, as you might get 10 different answers if you ask 10 different people. Wildflowers was a time of transition for Tom and the Heartbreakers. They had just released their first Greatest Hits compilation. Tom and Stan Lynch were at odds with each other. Stan was upset with Tom's first solo album, so when Tom wanted to do another, that was it for Stan. Howie Epstein was slowly killing himself with heroin. Although it's not a "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" album, Mike Campbell, Benmont Tench, Epstein all played on it. All this internal strife sure seems to have contributed to the art.

Wildflowers will always be my favorite album of theirs.
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    I always thought that Full Moon Fever was far and away his best album. I had that album and Into The Great Wide Open on both sides of a cassettes, and have played them in constant rotation since, now in digital formats. Not a bad song in the bunch. Full album listens all the way through. Wildflowers I never even listened to back in the day. Only just go into it a few years ago. A friend of mine thinks that Echo is his best album, and I don't know that I really disagree. Petty definitely seemed to be on to something with Wildflowers though.

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    ceska said:
    I always thought that Full Moon Fever was far and away his best album. I had that album and Into The Great Wide Open on both sides of a cassettes, and have played them in constant rotation since, now in digital formats. Not a bad song in the bunch. Full album listens all the way through. Wildflowers I never even listened to back in the day. Only just go into it a few years ago. A friend of mine thinks that Echo is his best album, and I don't know that I really disagree. Petty definitely seemed to be on to something with Wildflowers though.

Echo is SUCH and underrated album. I preach about it to almost everyone I know when we talk Petty. I think it makes a strong claim to being one of his best, if not the best - but damn, how do you choose it over Wildflowers, Full Moon Fever, Damn The Torpedoes, and Into The Great Wide Open? The mere fact that you can have this conversation and everyone can have such a varying opinion just proves what a master Tom was at his craft.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    DC29940 said:
    ceska said:

Echo is SUCH and underrated album. I preach about it to almost everyone I know when we talk Petty. I think it makes a strong claim to being one of his best, if not the best - but damn, how do you choose it over Wildflowers, Full Moon Fever, Damn The Torpedoes, and Into The Great Wide Open? The mere fact that you can have this conversation and everyone can have such a varying opinion just proves what a master Tom was at his craft.
    +1 for echo.   That record is incredible.   Wildflowers is amazing as well, but as far as my journey into TP+HBs echo is the album that made me a fan.  So many gems on that record
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    What is the best place to buy the deluxe edition vinyls that isn’t Amazon?
    Scio me nihil scire

Not sure I need the nine lp standard deluxe version....I wish there was a 5 lp with wildflowers and all the rest and wildflowers live.   The 9lp ultra deluxe would be worth it to me for all the additional geegaws, but looks like it’s sold out. So looks like 7lp it will be.  
    Scio me nihil scire

• Tom Petty Store has the 9LP version

https://store.tompetty.com/products/9-lp-wildflowers-all-the-rest-super-deluxe-edition

But the 9LP version is TP store and Indie store exclusive. I bet most indie stores will have a couple of copies in stock on release day if you can hit one up. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Bullmoose or Plaid Room get some extras and list them on line around that time (once they get their final copy count from the distributor).

• I got the 9, but I bet most people can make due with the 7. 
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Finally splurged a few days ago, after the Ultra Deluxe sold out and @MedozK mentioned the Analog Planet unboxing video, and bought the Super Deluxe 9LP. Didn't want to risk the SDlux selling out as well. Really looking forward to hearing all the Wildflowers goodness.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jjflash said:
    Finally splurged a few days ago, after the Ultra Deluxe sold out and @MedozK mentioned the Analog Planet unboxing video, and bought the Super Deluxe 9LP. Didn't want to risk the SDlux selling out as well. Really looking forward to hearing all the Wildflowers goodness.
    Good call
    Tom Petty Store has the 9LP version

https://store.tompetty.com/products/9-lp-wildflowers-all-the-rest-super-deluxe-edition

But the 9LP version is TP store and Indie store exclusive. I bet most indie stores will have a couple of copies in stock on release day if you can hit one up. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Bullmoose or Plaid Room get some extras and list them on line around that time (once they get their final copy count from the distributor).

It was sold out when I looked earlier today.  Need to justify that $500 now
    Scio me nihil scire

• Another unreleased gem, the anticipation for the box set grows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_nxXpcXXcbr>
    5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 8/22/24, 9/7/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24

11/4/16
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    MedozK said:
    jjflash said:
    Good call
    Fun, informative video to watch....thanks for the tip :smile:
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    Another unreleased gem, the anticipation for the box set grows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_nxXpcXXcbr>
    I believe Rod Stewart originally did this song back in the 90’s, but it was written by Tom.