Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 367
    Did someone get the 5-CD-Version from the Tom Petty-Store? What is the size of the book, is it a 12´´ size-book or a smaller version?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    My Amazon order is delayed AND they knocked off $5 from my 3 disc set I pre-ordered. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2020
    1993 Gainesville
    2002 Boston
    2008 MSG

Glad I caught those shows.

Tracking now says that my 3LP set will arrive on Friday. No $5 discount, though. Rat bastards!
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    my VP and I were talking about this yesterday. He said he we went to the first petty show here in 2008. after the opener, which were great (can't recall the name), they hadn't even started taking down the opener's stage setup before the crowd started chanting Tom's name. straight for 20 minutes. he eventually came out, on his own, without the band, house lights up, and just said to the crowd "holeeee shit....if i had known I'd get this reaction I'd have come here 20 years ago". 

he came back twice more prior to his passing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2020
    my VP and I were talking about this yesterday. He said he we went to the first petty show here in 2008. after the opener, which were great (can't recall the name), they hadn't even started taking down the opener's stage setup before the crowd started chanting Tom's name. straight for 20 minutes. he eventually came out, on his own, without the band, house lights up, and just said to the crowd "holeeee shit....if i had known I'd get this reaction I'd have come here 20 years ago". 

he came back twice more prior to his passing. 
    Steve Winwood opened in 2008.

That tour was actually a little too much Winwood for my taste. Tom brought him out to sit in on a couple of Heartbreaker covers of Winwood songs (namely, Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home" and Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'") during the middle of their set. Man, I thought we were done with Winwood by that point.

Still, speaks to what a gracious and respectful gentleman Petty was. Winwood was a major influence, and I think Petty was jazzed about playing with him.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,964
    Still no word or discount from Amazon. I guess I’m going to cancel it and try to find it elsewhere. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,284
    my 7lp set arrived today. in excellent condition.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • The box set is something to be treasured. So much to dig through. I love the home recordings, incredible to get to hear these songs take shape.Two other highlights are the live 12 minute version of It's Good to be King. They truly were one of the finest bands to ever take the stage. And the alternate take of Wildflowers, where the song begins with Tom counting Ringo Starr into the start of the song. Get your hands on some version of this set if you haven't  

A couple of meaningful links from the past few days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zvtvpi5S3k https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXQf7CE-Bg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hI8n2IB-Lk
    ty for these
  • Lost Tom three years ago today. Still think about him every day.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKIGOfZp8ospan>

so many great songs. TY for this!!!!
  • i have not been able to listen to the wildflowers box set.
    it's gonna be a tough ride.
     cause i really really miss tom and wildflowers was top shelf for me(and him)

Tom Petty - Leave Virginia Alone (Official Music Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw_nxXpcXXc
  • TODAY
    70th birthday bash for tom petty
    some dude named eddie is gonna sing. and it ain't the eddie from into the great wide open  ;)
    https://www.tompetty.com/festival

Festival
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,632
    TODAY
    70th birthday bash for tom petty
    some dude named eddie is gonna sing. and it ain't the eddie from into the great wide open  ;)
    https://www.tompetty.com/festival

Festival
    Still holding out hope for a roadie named Bart.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    LukinFan said:
    Still no word or discount from Amazon. I guess I’m going to cancel it and try to find it elsewhere. 

So annoying. I knew Amazon would let me down as soon as I saw they didn't have it yet on release day. I cancelled and ordered from my local shop. Spent more $ but got my copy within 3 business days. And it sounds amazing!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    Whoever does their live stuff I think is honestly tops. There aren't any other bands that present their live concert chronology like these guys.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Anyone else hear that song Harry Green and just picture EV covering it at a solo gig? Great tune... 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,284
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • sheryl crow nailed it. she's awesome.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    mickeyrat said:
    Just seeing this....it's fantastic!! :sunglasses:
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    Tom Petty social channels are promoting something going down next week called #SomethingCouldHappen on the 8th. The first post showed past Tom Petty videos and today's post showed a teaser for a Behind The Scenes video for You Don't Know How It Feels.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    Tom Petty Video Premiere for
    Tuesday, December 8th at 7PM ET // 4PM PT
    David Fricke will host a very special one-hour livestream event in honor of Tom Petty’s iconic music videos throughout his career. Tune in at 7PM ET on the Tom Petty YouTube channel.
    The event will bring together notable artists and directors who have collaborated with Tom including director Julien Temple (“Free Fallin’”, “Into the Great Wide Open”, “Yer So Bad”, “Learning To Fly”), director Jeff Stein (“Don’t Come Around Here No More”), filmmaker/producer Anne-Marie Mackay, and Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (who co-wrote/produced “Don’t Come Around Here No More” and is featured in the video).
    In addition, never before seen behind-the-scenes footage of the 1994 “You Don’t Know How It Feels” video will debut with on set commentary from director Phil Joanou and Tom himself.
    The livestream event will culminate in the world premiere of the brand-new video for “Something Could Happen” and a discussion with the video’s acclaimed director Warren Fu and lead actor Lauren Cohan (of “The Walking Dead” fame).

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    My Amazon pre-order finally showed up last night!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    I really wanted the 7lp but being well over 200 CDN$ with tax I couldn't bring myself to buy it.  Then Amazon listed a warehouse deal on one for $135 cdn.  Listed it as 5% damage, but I wasn't really concern if the packing is scuffed a little, I just want to spin the records.  Wife bought it for me for xmas.. looking forward to spinning it :)
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Zod said:
    I really wanted the 7lp but being well over 200 CDN$ with tax I couldn't bring myself to buy it.  Then Amazon listed a warehouse deal on one for $135 cdn.  Listed it as 5% damage, but I wasn't really concern if the packing is scuffed a little, I just want to spin the records.  Wife bought it for me for xmas.. looking forward to spinning it :)
    Awesome! Great Deal.
  • Just noticed in my 3LP set that the Side 3 label is printed twice, on both side 3 and side 4. Anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal just wondered if it was a recurring misprint.
    Just noticed in my 3LP set that the Side 3 label is printed twice, on both side 3 and side 4. Anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal just wondered if it was a recurring misprint.
    I had a flaw on my LP 1 slab that affected playback (a piece of glue or paper was stuck to the first track of both sides), and they replaced it.

If it's driving you crazy, shoot them a message. They'll likely replace that LP2 for you. They may even let you keep your variant. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    Just noticed in my 3LP set that the Side 3 label is printed twice, on both side 3 and side 4. Anyone else have this issue? Not a big deal just wondered if it was a recurring misprint.
    I had a flaw on my LP 1 slab that affected playback (a piece of glue or paper was stuck to the first track of both sides), and they replaced it.

If it's driving you crazy, shoot them a message. They'll likely replace that LP2 for you. They may even let you keep your variant. 
    Probably too late now after so long. It doesn’t bother me at all, I’ve played it like ten times and never noticed - and I might have the only misprint version! 😂 Glad you got yours sorted, that’s a much more annoying issue!
    dankind said:

Probably too late now after so long. It doesn’t bother me at all, I’ve played it like ten times and never noticed - and I might have the only misprint version! 😂 Glad you got yours sorted, that’s a much more annoying issue!
    I contacted them in December, and I preordered my copy. So I don't know if it's too late.

Nevertheless, enjoy the hell out of your possible 1/1!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,250
    edited January 2021
    this is me, missing tom again.. f u k
    top shelf. total HERO
    Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Time To Move On - 10/2/1994 - Shoreline Amphitheatre

Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    Wildflowers was my favourite Tom Petty album. It had been for years.  Probably since the first time I listened to it (Bought it with a gift card my aunt gave me for a local music store.   I didn't really know other people felt the same way until a few years back.   Then to find out there's a whole 2nd half to the album.  How luck are we?    Been playing the shit out of All the Rest.

Last time I saw Tom Petty play was at the Gorge in 2015 (maybe 2014?).   I really regret not going to the last tour.  Wildflowers is one of my favourite songs and he brought it out that tour...... sigh....
  • Must admit I totally missed this the first time around, I had an image of Tom Petty that for some reason put me off ever checking his stuff out - maybe just not as crazy popular in the UK? Picking up the album (based on the posts in this thread!) and listening to all the extras, home recordings and live show through the end of last year was one of my 2020 highlights.