Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

15678911»

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    Great album…only really started listening to it after reading about it in the thread here. Up until now the only Petty album I have is a greatest hits collection. Wildflowers awesome! Loving it! 
    As the OP of this thread, I really appreciate reading this. Cheers to new music discoveries!
    The past few years I’ve spent more time in the ‘other music’ on this forum than the ‘porch’ I reckon. Also got into the War on Drugs through a thread on here. Really enjoy looking into new /old artists and hearing what people think of them, their albums etc…
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    edited December 2021
    Great album…only really started listening to it after reading about it in the thread here. Up until now the only Petty album I have is a greatest hits collection. Wildflowers awesome! Loving it! 

Funny enough, the greatest hits album was my Tom Petty gateway drug when I was a kid. Bought it because it had Mary Jane's Last Dance on it, but I spun the shit out of the cd and every song on it is great.    Wildflowers was the next album to come out after that, so it was an instant purchase and is easily my favourite TP album.

How many musician's put out their best album 20 years after their first?  That' almost the equivalent of backspacer :)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293
    considering American Treasure through the TP store....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    mickeyrat said:
    It's really good, in my opinion. Glad I grabbed it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    mickeyrat said:
    Don't hesitate.  Live Anthology is also A+
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like A++
    One of the best sets of live recordings EVER. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mickeyrat said:
    American Treasure is a must for any level of Petty fandom! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited December 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    YES - need to get the vinyl, but have the cd set & I absolutely love it.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    That vinyl edition looks sexy as hell. Dammit! 

Vinyl Records GIF by Prudential
    www.cluthelee.com
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    have it.

AT has a bunch of interesting  stuff but biggest draw is Two Men Talking. Live is killer...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Well it IS christmas.....

edited December 2021
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

It sure does. I think I'm going to thin out my collection a bit and offer up some LP's here for sale tonight so I can grab it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

It sure does. I think I'm going to thin out my collection a bit and offer up some LP's here for sale tonight so I can grab it.
    Flash sale!! We could use more positive traffic in LD anyway! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Flash sale!! We could use more positive traffic in LD anyway! 
    Yup---flash sale time! May add a few in a bit to start by using my discogs account. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

the packaging is first class. oblong hard cover book.... just like wildflowers and all the rest... fits on a shelf with the rest of your albums, just stickscout a few inches....

TP Store is the place. or Amazon.

sellers on discogs are ambitious in their pricing

mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Like A++
    One of the best sets of live recordings EVER. 
    No argument from me shall be forthcoming.  I was listening to it just last night.  The version of Good to be King is just perfect. 
    mickeyrat said:

Mick - American Treasure is so, so good.  It's a great mix of live and alternate mixes.  But it does not feel redundant to the Live set, even with all the live songs.  The family did such a thoughtful job of selecting the songs.  They feel new and fresh.  Plus the mastering is as good as teh Live Anthology.  Do not hesitate.  
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Mick - American Treasure is so, so good.  It's a great mix of live and alternate mixes.  But it does not feel redundant to the Live set, even with all the live songs.  The family did such a thoughtful job of selecting the songs.  They feel new and fresh.  Plus the mastering is as good as teh Live Anthology.  Do not hesitate.  
    100% right here. Well said. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

BINGO.

I think I'll spin this tonight, actually. Been a little while.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com