Tom Petty - Wildflowers - All The Rest

Comments

• mvwmvw Posts: 1,632
    The Home Recording is up on iTunes.  It sounds fantastic!  

“Most things that I worry about
     Never happen anyway”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,284
    edited June 2020
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,461
    mickeyrat said:
    FIRST!!!!

hahaha!

How well do you know Tom Petty's Wildflowers?
    Take The Quiz and Unlock a Special Unreleased Song!

• ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,516
    another great song!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    ComeToTX said:
    another great song!

Yep, love the harmonica!
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    Woo!!  I think I'll just buy the 3lp set that has wildflowers and all the rest.    Maybe I'll borrow the expanded version off the internets :)  I tend to not go back to super deluxe boxsets that have that many discs.  In this case I'm interested in the 2nd disc of material that was recorded at the same time as Wildflowers.   To have more recordings from my favourite TP album.. that's priceless!
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629
    Zod said:
    Woo!!  I think I'll just buy the 3lp set that has wildflowers and all the rest.    Maybe I'll borrow the expanded version off the internets :)  I tend to not go back to super deluxe boxsets that have that many discs.  In this case I'm interested in the 2nd disc of material that was recorded at the same time as Wildflowers.   To have more recordings from my favourite TP album.. that's priceless!
    I agree. I like hearing the demos and such, but don't need them on vinyl. Just went with the 3lp as well.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    I almost hit submit on the Ultra Deluxe, but  I went with the Super Deluxe knowing I would regret not buying it and then seeing second hand prices.  The fact that it is 180g vinyl vs the 140g in the 3LP & 7 LP kind of twisted my arm too.  Plus I bought the dad hat...Damn, I spend a lot of money when I’m in a Higher Place.  It’s Good To Be King I suppose.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    mvw said:
    I almost hit submit on the Ultra Deluxe, but  I went with the Super Deluxe knowing I would regret not buying it and then seeing second hand prices.  The fact that it is 180g vinyl vs the 140g in the 3LP & 7 LP kind of twisted my arm too.  Plus I bought the dad hat...Damn, I spend a lot of money when I’m in a Higher Place.  It’s Good To Be King I suppose.
    I just looked this up, I have the box sets so what do I need this for?  Anywho.  $500 for 9 records?

Wow!

Tell me why this is worth it someone, please?
    edited August 2020
    mvw said:
    I just looked this up, I have the box sets so what do I need this for?  Anywho.  $500 for 9 records?

Wow!

They seem to have options for just about everyone, from the hardcore collectors to people who have never even heard Wildflowers. As was mentioned by others already, the only thing that is really important to me is the new tracks. Tom Petty said many times that this was supposed to be a double album. I'm trying not to lose sight of that while looking at all the options.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227
    mvw said:
    The fact that it is 180g vinyl vs the 140g in the 3LP & 7 LP kind of twisted my arm too.
    Totally agree, this is what made me decide on the super deluxe too. Not interested in all the extra items the ultra deluxe offers for double the money.

Wow!

Which box set do you have? 
     There are 6 additional LPs in this set that are not available on vinyl anywhere else.  Besides Wildflowers and All The Rest, you get 2 LPs of Home Recordings with unreleased songs...2 LPs of Wildflowers Live...and 2 LPs of alternative versions of the Wildflowers songs including more unreleased material.  If you’re a big Tom Petty fan then this is definitely worth it.  The Ultra Deluxe is a bit exorbitant unless you’re a serious collector.  There are some nice extra items included in it.  Anything I’ve bought from the Petty store has always been of fine quality.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    mvw said:

Wow!

Probably for the same reasons you have multiple copies of Give Way or some $500 CD or whatever! Haha! : ) 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 774
    I'd be ok with the 2CD version but hey Christmas is rolling around if the 4CD version is the only one I can afford. Space speaking rather than dollars 😂
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    mvw said:

Wow!

Hand
    Made
    Bag

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,576
    Is 7 LP gonna come down in price to like $120-$130 like other sets? Amazon sometimes has first week sale prices.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Went with the 7 LP set because I really wanted the live album. Can’t wait!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mvw said:

Wow!

Probably for the same reasons you have multiple copies of Give Way or some $500 CD or whatever! Haha! : ) 
    lol, I bought them because I got a good deal and knew their worth.

Tom Petty I know very little about and not sure outtakes are my thing?
    mvw said:

Wow!

Which box set do you have? 
     There are 6 additional LPs in this set that are not available on vinyl anywhere else.  Besides Wildflowers and All The Rest, you get 2 LPs of Home Recordings with unreleased songs...2 LPs of Wildflowers Live...and 2 LPs of alternative versions of the Wildflowers songs including more unreleased material.  If you’re a big Tom Petty fan then this is definitely worth it.  The Ultra Deluxe is a bit exorbitant unless you’re a serious collector.  There are some nice extra items included in it.  Anything I’ve bought from the Petty store has always been of fine quality.
    I have the" years" box sets.  Every album ever made in two different boxes.  

The unreleased songs interest me.

I have the" years" box sets.  Every album ever made in two different boxes.  

The unreleased songs interest me.
    That’s a nice set.  I have the first box from that set.  The second set has always been too expensive.  I think because Wildflowers is in it.  Maybe that will come down now.  I think I have all the other albums individually from the second set besides Wildflowers.  If you’re just interested in the unreleased songs then the 3LP set is probably good enough.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,904
    I might hold off to see if these ever get discounted.   Having a the live album part of it would be pretty cool.

Then again I've been waiting forever for a sale on the Chris Cornell boxset..... lol.

3LP, 7LP, 4CD, 2CD options are today's daily deal on popmarket. You can save a little bit from the prices on tompetty.com. The 7LP looks to be the best deal in terms of a discount.

• William WallaceWilliam Wallace Posts: 553
    edited August 2020
    What a great release!
    A absolutely love Wildflowers and can't wait to hold these beauties in my hands.
    I bought the 4 CD Set plus the 3 LP set.
    Still thinking about changing my vinyl order to the 9 LP set...

Edit:
    Cound not resist and changed my Vinyl order to the 9-LP-Super Deluxe Edition.
    If an album is worth it, it is Wildflowers. :)
    Post edited by William Wallace on
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,812
    What a great release!
    A absolutely love Wildflowers and can't wait to hold these beauties in my hands.

Edit:
    I'm seriously eyeballing the 9LP set too. First tho my wallet is gonna have to recover from a new mountain bike purchase later this week. The 9LP set is listed as limited so I'm hoping it hangs around for a little while :lucky:
    What a great release!

Edit:
    Good choice!