The coronavirus

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    OnWis97 said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Idiots...

Stella Immanuel, Trump's New COVID-19 Doctor, Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine. https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine?source=politics&via=rss
    Just the look of the video seemed like an amateurish homemade propaganda sham. 

Of all the doctors, and maybe the others are crazier, he endorses Immanuel? 

What’s the current standing of hydro chloroquine as a viable treatment? 

I wondered the same thing yesterday & came up with this from the New England Journal of Medicine:

”CONCLUSIONS

Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care. (Funded by the Coalition Covid-19 Brazil and EMS Pharma; ClinicalTrials.gov number”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

This article about the results are a little more in depth, and mention the study from Henry Ford Health that claimed its use was indeed effective: 

https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/hydroxychloroquine-flunks-phase-iii-trial-in-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

Hardly the end all be all, I would welcome more information if people have it. 

Well, there has been one positive observational study at the Henry Ford Health system. But there have been 3 actual clinical trials that have shown it to be ineffective as a prophylactic or as a treatment. The FDA has rescinded its Emergency Use Authorization due to concerns that there is no evidence of any usefulness, and unnecessary risk to the patient. 

Jeff...off-topic...just noticed your new picture.  Seattle Kraken...terrible name if you ask me.  But GREAT colors/logos/jerseys.  Kind like my team, the Minnesota Wild.
    Yeah, I've been waiting so long for a hockey team in Seattle (40 years!) that I decided beforehand that I didn't care what the name was. lol. So it certainly wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm all in at this point. Hats and t-shirts have been ordered, and looking forward to the sweater design being finished.
    Did the minor league team leave?
    The Seattle Thunderbirds are a major junior team in the WHL, so they're sticking around. We will have a new AHL affiliated team in Palm Springs, CA. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

nicknyr15 said:
    Fauci is now suggesting that eye protection can help against the virus. Makes sense. Whatever germs you can get in your mouth or nose, you can get in your eyes. But it took him four months into the pandemic to realize this and offer it?

While everyone is solely focused on trump, leaders and experts from all over the world have failed us. This is literally they’re job. 

Are there any other global leaders and experts who undermined their country's response to this pandemic the way Trump & the GOP have here in the states? 

Bolsonaro
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Fauci is now suggesting that eye protection can help against the virus. Makes sense. Whatever germs you can get in your mouth or nose, you can get in your eyes. But it took him four months into the pandemic to realize this and offer it?

While everyone is solely focused on trump, leaders and experts from all over the world have failed us. This is literally they’re job. 
    how have they failed us? this is a completely new virus that no one knew anything about. trump failed because he doesn't take the advice of the experts when they find something out, like most every other free world leader has done with great success. 
    I’m not getting into a back and forth. It’s my view that countless leaders and experts failed us. Not only Trump. This pandemic completely exposed us. 
    That's fine, but trying and failing isn't what Trump did. He has at times actively worked against those trying. 

Great. I never said Trump did a good or decent or even a bad job. So I’m not sure what trump has to do with anything I’ve said. 
    You literally mentioned Trump in your post. 

Did I? All I said was everyone is only focused on him. Does that imply he did a good job handing the pandemic? Or are you assuming? 
    Not sure what you are trying for here. You said "While everyone is solely focused on trump, leaders and experts from all over the world have failed us. This is literally they’re job." I pointed out that these leaders and experts may have failed, but not in the way Trump has. You could have made a better point by leaving Trump out. 
    Yes I should have never mentioned him. What a mistake. 
    Pretty much, since you then landed on "I said one thing about leaders failing us and I’m hit with multiple responses about how bad Trump is. Weird. I never said anything positive about Trump."

Other leaders' and experts' failures aren't comparable to Trumps. That's why his get focused on more. 
    Cool I just don’t agree with because one person did the worst job, everyone else shouldn’t get mentioned. 

We lost 30k people here in NY. 30k! Yet everyone loves Cuomo. We did a great job getting past it because everyone here was scared shit! Plus it was winter which makes it easier to stay in. I doubt we wouldn’t be in the same boat as Cali, Florida if the height of the curve happened here in better weather. We were told to wear face coverings WAY TOO LATE. I know the reasoning was for saving masks for first responders but cmon. Everyone has a scarf or something to use as a face covering. I just don’t understand the harm in calling out people who aren’t named Trump. We all know he’s failing. 
    Cuomo sucks. The only reason some people like him is he was going at it with Trump. Those "bits" with her brother on CNN were so cringeworthy. The worst being his brother pulling out the giant swab as a joke on his nose. Good one! While thousands are dying.

How is NYC these days with the virus?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390

nicknyr15 said:

Are there any other global leaders and experts who undermined their country's response to this pandemic the way Trump & the GOP have here in the states? 

Bolsonaro

Agreed, and Boris Johnson had a poor response as well (at least at first).

As an American however, I'm not going to blame Bolsonaro or Johnson for America's response. Especially not when our country had the benefit of hindsight with Italy getting hit the way it did. We're the richest country in the world and our response was that of a third world country.

If other people want to spread the blame around, feel free, but Trump, the guy who has full authority but takes no responsibility deserves all the criticism in the world for how he's handled this.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

how have they failed us? this is a completely new virus that no one knew anything about. trump failed because he doesn't take the advice of the experts when they find something out, like most every other free world leader has done with great success. 
    I’m not getting into a back and forth. It’s my view that countless leaders and experts failed us. Not only Trump. This pandemic completely exposed us. 
    That's fine, but trying and failing isn't what Trump did. He has at times actively worked against those trying. 

Great. I never said Trump did a good or decent or even a bad job. So I’m not sure what trump has to do with anything I’ve said. 

Did I? All I said was everyone is only focused on him. Does that imply he did a good job handing the pandemic? Or are you assuming? 
    Not sure what you are trying for here. You said "While everyone is solely focused on trump, leaders and experts from all over the world have failed us. This is literally they’re job." I pointed out that these leaders and experts may have failed, but not in the way Trump has. You could have made a better point by leaving Trump out. 
    Pretty much, since you then landed on "I said one thing about leaders failing us and I’m hit with multiple responses about how bad Trump is. Weird. I never said anything positive about Trump."

Other leaders' and experts' failures aren't comparable to Trumps. That's why his get focused on more. 
    Cool I just don’t agree with because one person did the worst job, everyone else shouldn’t get mentioned. 

We lost 30k people here in NY. 30k! Yet everyone loves Cuomo. We did a great job getting past it because everyone here was scared shit! Plus it was winter which makes it easier to stay in. I doubt we wouldn’t be in the same boat as Cali, Florida if the height of the curve happened here in better weather. We were told to wear face coverings WAY TOO LATE. I know the reasoning was for saving masks for first responders but cmon. Everyone has a scarf or something to use as a face covering. I just don’t understand the harm in calling out people who aren’t named Trump. We all know he’s failing. 
    Cuomo sucks. The only reason some people like him is he was going at it with Trump. Those "bits" with her brother on CNN were so cringeworthy. The worst being his brother pulling out the giant swab as a joke on his nose. Good one! While thousands are dying.

Thankfully everything is going well. Im always anticipating a spike during any new phase of opening, but so far our numbers continuAlly go down. Thanks fir asking! 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Thankfully everything is going well. Im always anticipating a spike during any new phase of opening, but so far our numbers continuAlly go down. Thanks fir asking! 
    That's good to hear. I figured the huge numbers in NYC was just due to the immense population density, but now seeing how things are going in Florida, I guess that wasn't the case. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    edited July 2020

That thread includes the suggestion that no big-name Dems have died because they're taking hydro and lying about its usefulness.  A critical mass of people get most of its information from conspiracy theories.  WWWFG1AWTF11G
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769

I saw an interview with a doctor about a month or more ago who felt that he caught the virus through his eyes. He had it really bad and I believe he was front line. He looked awful. This bug is skilled at jumping at us and we have to be super vigilant. Stay away from people...they may be carrying and not know it. Some day, we'll all be able to hug again. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

I believe Fauci made a mistake in not recommending masks up front.  I understand the reasoning being that first responders needed masks, but I don't think there should be lying to us when it comes to health recommendations. 

But politicians failed.  Yes, it is difficult to prepare for specific pandemics.  But, there shouldn't have been a PPE shortage coming into COVID.  That should be step 1 on the planning list for preparedness for pandemics.  Because of this lack of simple preparedness, you had people walking around without masks for months that probably would have worn them, and it gave the far right a reason to say masks are all a political tactic and that you can't trust the doctors.

Trump blast China for not being forthcoming about the virus, but he knew in January and wasn't forthcoming with the American people.  Vote him out!

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    mcgruff10 said:
    The soccer league my middle school is in just canceled the fall season (about 30 schools) due to covid19.

We are closing outdoor sports with a short duration of contact yet we are considering reopening indoor schools with a long duration of contact.

back in May the northeastern states were stunned the southern and Midwest states reopened, yet here we are about to put kids and teachers and staff in the same rooms for 8 hours. Masks are great but can only do so much. Cuomo says the schools will not close until the infection rate is 9%, almost ten times it’s current rate.

If there is a 2 week lag in getting results, we could be exactly where we were in March at 10k cases a day. I just don’t get the powers that be, even the liberal ones.
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Cuomo screwed up big time in March by keeping the state and schools open 11 days after the nba cancelled games. That is a stunning statement and I am a bit furious liberals do not make Cuomo own up to that or the nursing home fiasco.

But as I just said in the soccer post, here we are about to make the same exact mistake in august. Is Cuomo so dumb he is using school reopenings to take down trump? I wish I could be that political but I have my health and kids to worry about.
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    OnWis97 said:
    jeffbr said:
    DewieCox said:
    Idiots...

Stella Immanuel, Trump's New COVID-19 Doctor, Believes in Alien DNA, Demon Sperm, and Hydroxychloroquine. https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine?source=politics&via=rss
    Just the look of the video seemed like an amateurish homemade propaganda sham. 

Of all the doctors, and maybe the others are crazier, he endorses Immanuel? 

What’s the current standing of hydro chloroquine as a viable treatment? 

I wondered the same thing yesterday & came up with this from the New England Journal of Medicine:

”CONCLUSIONS

Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care. (Funded by the Coalition Covid-19 Brazil and EMS Pharma; ClinicalTrials.gov number”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

This article about the results are a little more in depth, and mention the study from Henry Ford Health that claimed its use was indeed effective: 

https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/hydroxychloroquine-flunks-phase-iii-trial-in-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

Hardly the end all be all, I would welcome more information if people have it. 

Well, there has been one positive observational study at the Henry Ford Health system. But there have been 3 actual clinical trials that have shown it to be ineffective as a prophylactic or as a treatment. The FDA has rescinded its Emergency Use Authorization due to concerns that there is no evidence of any usefulness, and unnecessary risk to the patient. 

Jeff...off-topic...just noticed your new picture.  Seattle Kraken...terrible name if you ask me.  But GREAT colors/logos/jerseys.  Kind like my team, the Minnesota Wild.
    Yeah, I've been waiting so long for a hockey team in Seattle (40 years!) that I decided beforehand that I didn't care what the name was. lol. So it certainly wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm all in at this point. Hats and t-shirts have been ordered, and looking forward to the sweater design being finished.
    Did the minor league team leave?
    The Seattle Thunderbirds are a major junior team in the WHL, so they're sticking around. We will have a new AHL affiliated team in Palm Springs, CA. 

Hands off Barzal please. 

BTW as you know terrific logo and weird name. Can’t wait for Seattle to be in the best NA pro sports league. 

I believe Fauci made a mistake in not recommending masks up front.  I understand the reasoning being that first responders needed masks, but I don't think there should be lying to us when it comes to health recommendations. 

But politicians failed.  Yes, it is difficult to prepare for specific pandemics.  But, there shouldn't have been a PPE shortage coming into COVID.  That should be step 1 on the planning list for preparedness for pandemics.  Because of this lack of simple preparedness, you had people walking around without masks for months that probably would have worn them, and it gave the far right a reason to say masks are all a political tactic and that you can't trust the doctors.

Trump blast China for not being forthcoming about the virus, but he knew in January and wasn't forthcoming with the American people.  Vote him out!

I recall they weren’t sure if non n95 masks would do anything back then.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    I don't wanna read through 339 pages, can anyone catch me up?

Only joking. Isn't unbelievable that we've come this far since January and so little progress has been made? I was just thinking this morning about how lucky we are that none of the members of Pearl Jam have been sick or died from this pandemic. Please everyone stay safe. Hopefully there will be a vaccine soon!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Jed said:

Only joking. Isn't unbelievable that we've come this far since January and so little progress has been made? I was just thinking this morning about how lucky we are that none of the members of Pearl Jam have been sick or died from this pandemic. Please everyone stay safe. Hopefully there will be a vaccine soon!

It's been predominately political here on AMT.  pjl44 started a more medical-related COVID-19 thread on AET if you're more into the medical side of it.  I'm more inclined toward that direction myself.  Personally, I grow weary of everything being politicized these days.

What do you mean by "Isn't unbelievable that we've come this far since January and so little progress has been made?"  Medically, we've probably come a long way in that period of time.  It takes a long time to understand a novel virus.  I think the public is a bit deluded into thinking we have the ability to understand a virus in short order.  I wish we could.  I wish a vaccine could be made quickly.  But I don't think it happens that way.

Anyway, if you're more into the medical aspects of this thing, check out the other thread.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Wonder if that Trump rally he attended in Tulsa was worth it.

They sure are sticking it to us libtards.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Jed said:

From a scientific point of view, there has been a huge amount of progress made. There are literally hundreds of thousands of peer reviewed research studies already published on this new virus, which is stunning when you think about the timeline. It’s actually quite fascinating to see this unfold. 

No magic cure yet, but then again this is real life, not an episode of House. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i was shocked when i heard about herman cain.

i still am kind of shocked. 

but still, the guy, with his medical history, should have known better than to go to that rally with no way of protecting himself. 

i hope proving his point was worth it to him.

condolences to the family. unfortunately he waived their right to sue the campaign.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,396
    Well the BC/US border is tightening the Alaska loophole, so hopefully I don't see as many Texas plates around. Foreign nationals will have to display an En Route to Alaska sign, pay at the pump, drive-thru for food, have limited time and check in on the way out, etc.
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/trump-white-house-created-a-national-testing-plan-and-ed-it-thinking-would-hit-blue-states-the-worst/ looks like we could have had a testing plan that would have helped manage the virus and would probably have been good for trumps polling in the long run. But there was a short term chance of owning the libs so it was cancelled and they have been doubling down on going maskless and taking hydroxycut whatever ever since
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    dignin said:
    Wonder if that Trump rally he attended in Tulsa was worth it.

They sure are sticking it to us libtards.

I’d rather die owning the libs than admit that I’m wrong.  Should be a t shirt
    Scio me nihil scire

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    static111 said:
    https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/trump-white-house-created-a-national-testing-plan-and-ed-it-thinking-would-hit-blue-states-the-worst/ looks like we could have had a testing plan that would have helped manage the virus and would probably have been good for trumps polling in the long run. But there was a short term chance of owning the libs so it was cancelled and they have been doubling down on going maskless and taking hydroxycut whatever ever since
    Death and illness of 100's of thousands of people for political advantage. Sounds evil and deplorable. Sounds about right.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    jeffbr said:
    static111 said:
    Death and illness of 100's of thousands of people for political advantage. Sounds evil and deplorable. Sounds about right.
    Anyone remember the repub vote on Hurricane Sandy relief? Remember Cris Christie being widely and roundly criticized for touring damaged areas with President Obama? This isn't new, sticking it to the libs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    https://youtu.be/Kd_99cRfoTU

Pretty heated exchange here. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    nicknyr15 said:

I hate that sex abuse enabler. What a fucking clown. Should be in jail. Lock him up.
    hippiemom = goodness
    nicknyr15 said:

Jordan usually sucks but I’m fine with his line of questioning here. Fauci says large gatherings are bad for the virus. Many if not most of these protests are large gatherings. So scientifically, he must believe those protests are bad for the virus. But he’s so entrenched in the politics of all this (through no fault of his own, by the way) that he’ll play dumb before he states that yes, hundreds-to-sometimes thousands of people gathering (wearing masks or not) is bad for the virus. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    nicknyr15 said:

Fauci seemed pretty ice cold.  Jim Jordan looked like a doofus.  He wasn’t crying about protests when they were storming Democrat state capitals with rifles and screaming in officers faces lol. Being in open air with masks is much safer than being inside a building with circulating air and no masks.  I’m not sure what kind of gotcha he was expecting here.
    Scio me nihil scire

nicknyr15 said:

Jordan usually sucks but I’m fine with his line of questioning here. Fauci says large gatherings are bad for the virus. Many if not most of these protests are large gatherings. So scientifically, he must believe those protests are bad for the virus. But he’s so entrenched in the politics of all this (through no fault of his own, by the way) that he’ll play dumb before he states that yes, hundreds-to-sometimes thousands of people gathering (wearing masks or not) is bad for the virus. 
    I agree. It seems as if admitting that protests aren’t the greatest thing during a pandemic is like breaking some weird code. 
This discussion has been closed.