The Food Thread

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    *slice
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    rgambs said:
    Does it come in a patty or do you alive it off a roll?
    Looks like Spam, but good.
    Comes pre sliced. I wonder if you can order some online?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    rgambs said:
    You can get it as a full roll pre-sliced, right? I always thought about getting that to make it a bit thicker but never bought it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rgambs said:
    You can get it as a full roll pre-sliced, right? I always thought about getting that to make it a bit thicker but never bought it.
    I don't think the whole roll is pre sliced (at least it wasn't the last time I bought it). 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    yeah, i meant not pre-sliced. I am dumb. That is what I am saying. I want to get it not pre-sliced and make them a little thicker 
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    yeah, i meant not pre-sliced. I am dumb. That is what I am saying. I want to get it not pre-sliced and make them a little thicker 
    if you do Taylor pork roll in the packs the 4 slices are thicker than the 8 slices pack.  I prefer the thinner 8 slices.
    pjhawks said:
    if you do Taylor pork roll in the packs the 4 slices are thicker than the 8 slices pack.  I prefer the thinner 8 slices.
    Interesting, I did not know that.  Thanks for the info! Pork roll added to a cheeseburger is one of my favorites.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I've never experienced these famous pork rolls.  looks like the bologna with the red plastic strip around the edge LOL.  Not sure if anyone is familiar with that...haven't seen it in probably 30 years but it's burned in my brain as a kid.
    pjhawks said:
    This is correct. I also prefer the thinner slices.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Interesting, I did not know that.  Thanks for the info! Pork roll added to a cheeseburger is one of my favorites.
    Did you learn that from my wife's uncle Todd? He claims to have invented such a burger....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Did you learn that from my wife's uncle Todd? He claims to have invented such a burger....
    We call it a “Jersey burger” here on the shore.  It s in pretty much every restaurant.  Maybe your wife s uncle Todd gets a royalty check every time someone orders one.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    We call it a “Jersey burger” here on the shore.  It s in pretty much every restaurant.  Maybe your wife s uncle Todd gets a royalty check every time someone orders one.  
    Well he does live in New Jersey...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    @rgambs
    https://jerseyporkroll.com/shop/taylor-ham-or-taylor-pork-roll/taylor-ham-taylor-pork-roll-thin-sliced-8-boxes/

Looks like you can also purchase large rolls that are not sliced  you want too.

Enjoy!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    My college buddy made this tonight: pork roll and tomato pizza.  
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited July 2020
    "Pork" is too vague of a descriptor. A sizable segment of these people eat scrapple.

At least those packages provide a little more detail. Philly keeps it real.

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited July 2020

Amazoncom  Habbersett Scrapple 2 Lb 4 Pack  Grocery

Post edited by cutz on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited July 2020
    dankind said:
    "Pork" is too vague of a descriptor. A sizable segment of these people eat scrapple.

Scrapple rocks as well. With ketchup not syrup like some here like.  And prefer the Habersett scrapple
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Damn, that’s a lot less unhealthy than I imagined it’d be. 
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    dankind said:

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I've had good scrapple, and I've had bad scrapple.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Habersett or bust
    Those Scrapple ingredients sure sound appetizing.  I love me some snouts and hearts lol
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    bbiggs said:
    Those Scrapple ingredients sure sound appetizing.  I love me some snouts and hearts lol
    :fearful: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    rgambs said:

Blueberries so fresh I had to run the dew off of them in the salad spinner to make the pie!
    Uhm yummy I don’t have blueberries but we have big raspberry Bush gave us about 3lbs this season, mainly make jams & use them for drinks & tinctures.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I worked at the grocery back in high school/early college.  Occasionally, I had to cover the deli when they went to lunch.  (It was a lil hometown grocery.)  I always hated when people came in and had me slice up souse for them.  I did it but I can't guarantee that I didn't have a scrunchy face as I was slicing it.  (The slicer faced away from customers.)  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Habersett or bust
    cutz said:

Yes sir !!

Been a few years since I've had it. All this talk makes me want it.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    cutz said:
    Habersett or bust
    cutz said:

Yes sir !!

Been a few years since I've had it. All this talk makes me want it.
    There's the good stuff. Thin in a skillet or griddle, the thick cut gets deep fried. I can go either way with syrup or ketchup, depending on the situation. But I'd say all breakfast meats get the syrup regardless. Also a weird statement - best breakfast meat paired with coffee hands down.
    Few things I enjoy more than smoked salmon in the morning

Agree 100%. Those look dynamite. My goodness. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,693

That looks delicious. I hope you have good bagels where you live. That makes all the difference. I go to a place in my neighborhood that bakes them on the premises. If I time it right I get a bag of warm ones right out of the oven. Heavenly.