Seattle Has Fallen...

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I understand. I see an interesting social experiment. I see a volatile and often violent situation turned peaceful and educational. I see marginalized voices being heard. I don't know what the end game is. I don't know how it will ultimately turn out. But I am interested in the process and progression of the building of a new social structure within the borders of CHAZ or CHOP or whatever it is ultimately called. Maybe this becomes a nothingburger, maybe it turns violent, or maybe the voices are heard, legislation put forward, leadership within the borders gets sorted and they have a seat at the big table with city government.  We'll likely see change, hopefully for the better. As I've said, this peaceful situation is miles better than what we were seeing a few days ago when the police were "dominating". Trump's plan wasn't working. This one may or may not, but fewer people are being injured or jailed because of it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    jeffbr said:
    I understand. I see an interesting social experiment. I see a volatile and often violent situation turned peaceful and educational. I see marginalized voices being heard. I don't know what the end game is. I don't know how it will ultimately turn out. But I am interested in the process and progression of the building of a new social structure within the borders of CHAZ or CHOP or whatever it is ultimately called. Maybe this becomes a nothingburger, maybe it turns violent, or maybe the voices are heard, legislation put forward, leadership within the borders gets sorted and they have a seat at the big table with city government.  We'll likely see change, hopefully for the better. As I've said, this peaceful situation is miles better than what we were seeing a few days ago when the police were "dominating". Trump's plan wasn't working. This one may or may not, but fewer people are being injured or jailed because of it.

Which in itself is a benefit, so even if nothing else comes of it, that is a success. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    It seems like Seattle is a ok.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited June 2020
     Facebook post from a friend of mine who lives about a block and a half from easy street in west seattle.....

Uhhhh... if this is what you are reading or watching and then thinking this is what is happening in Seattle, you should consider finding a new source of information. This is wildly INACCURATE. It turns out this photo is from Minneapolis anyway. I drove through downtown personally yesterday, and nothing was going on. Not even traffic (cuz COVID and we still have tons of restrictions). Friends of mine who live near the autonomous zone report this is not happening. Friends of mine who have visited the autonomous zone say the same thing, and that it’s kind of an artsy vegan commune situation. Yes, we’ve had protests. Yes, we’ve had violence. Yes, we’ve had insurgents who have instigated and distracted from the BLM message. Yes, our police have been violent. But, this “reporting” below is not what’s happening. One protest today on my street, in fact, had tons of people in it, and it was completely silent. Except for the cars that passed that honked to show support. And the silent protests happened all over the state today. So... find a new news source.

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:
     Facebook post from a froend of mine who lives about a block and a half from easy street in west seattle.....

Uhhhh... if this is what you are reading or watching and then thinking this is what is happening in Seattle, you should consider finding a new source of information. This is wildly INACCURATE. It turns out this photo is from Minneapolis anyway. I drove through downtown personally yesterday, and nothing was going on. Not even traffic (cuz COVID and we still have tons of restrictions). Friends of mine who live near the autonomous zone report this is not happening. Friends of mine who have visited the autonomous zone say the same thing, and that it’s kind of an artsy vegan commune situation. Yes, we’ve had protests. Yes, we’ve had violence. Yes, we’ve had insurgents who have instigated and distracted from the BLM message. Yes, our police have been violent. But, this “reporting” below is not what’s happening. One protest today on my street, in fact, had tons of people in it, and it was completely silent. Except for the cars that passed that honked to show support. And the silent protests happened all over the state today. So... find a new news source.

Fucking Fox News and You-Know-Who!
    :ohstop:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    It’s unreal how dysfunctional this nation has become or has it been like this for years? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited June 2020
    It’s unreal how dysfunctional this nation has become or has it been like this for years? 
    There has always been some dysfunction or another.
    But the level of dysfunctionality has gone up exponentially since January 2017.

And the blame starts at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    There has always been some dysfunction or another.
    But the level of dysfunctionality has gone up exponentially since January 2017.

And the blame starts at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue 
    Just like in households it’s the parents who are dysfunctional and kids are the victims! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I think America has had these deep divisions for a long time.   It doesn't really ever seemed to have healed after the countless flare up points over the last hundreds of years.   I suppose it's either that people have had enough of it, or that there's a leader that seems to have ability to gaslight half the population every time he says something.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rgambs said:

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about Seattle The image combines scenes from a June 10 photograph from Capitol Hill with two May 30 images from downtown
    This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about...

ORIGINAL IMAGE This June 10 image shows a sign on a barrier at the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone CHAZ It was used in the creation of digitally manipulated images published by Fox News Photo by David RyderGetty Images
    This June 10 image shows a volunteer working security at an entrance for the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone CHAZ It was used in the creation of digitally manipulated images published by Fox News Photo by David RyderGetty Images
    This May 30 image shows  an Urban Outfitters store in Seattle It was used to create digitally manipulated images used by Fox News Karen DuceyGetty Images
    This May 30 image shows a downtown Seattle store that was damaged during protests over police violence and racism It was digitally manipulated with other images and published by Fox News Karen DuceyGetty Images
    The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St Paul Minnesota to illustrate a story about Seattles Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
    The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St. Paul, Minnesota, to illustrate... More 
    In this Associated Press photo from May 30 a protester runs past burning cars and buildings on Chicago Avenue in St Paul Minnesota John Minchillo  The Associated Press
    In this Associated Press photo from May 30, a protester runs past... (John Minchillo / The Associated Press) More 

ORIGINAL IMAGE This June 10 image shows a sign on a barrier at the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone CHAZ It was used in the creation of digitally manipulated images published by Fox News Photo by David RyderGetty Images
    ORIGINAL IMAGE: This June 10 image shows a sign on a barrier at the Capitol... (Photo by David Ryder/Getty Images) More 
    MANIPULATED IMAGE This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about Seattle The image combines scenes from two different June 10 photographs from Capitol Hill
    MANIPULATED IMAGE: This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with... More 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    These fox people are such trash.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,479
    dignin said:
    rgambs said:

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about Seattle The image combines scenes from a June 10 photograph from Capitol Hill with two May 30 images from downtown
    This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about...

This June 10 image shows a volunteer working security at an entrance for the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone CHAZ It was used in the creation of digitally manipulated images published by Fox News Photo by David RyderGetty Images
    This May 30 image shows  an Urban Outfitters store in Seattle It was used to create digitally manipulated images used by Fox News Karen DuceyGetty Images
    This May 30 image shows a downtown Seattle store that was damaged during protests over police violence and racism It was digitally manipulated with other images and published by Fox News Karen DuceyGetty Images
    The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St Paul Minnesota to illustrate a story about Seattles Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone
    The Fox News homepage on June 11 displayed an image from May 30 protests in St. Paul, Minnesota, to illustrate... More 
    In this Associated Press photo from May 30 a protester runs past burning cars and buildings on Chicago Avenue in St Paul Minnesota John Minchillo  The Associated Press
    In this Associated Press photo from May 30, a protester runs past... (John Minchillo / The Associated Press) More 

ORIGINAL IMAGE: This June 10 image shows a sign on a barrier at the Capitol... (Photo by David Ryder/Getty Images) More 
    MANIPULATED IMAGE This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with stories about Seattle The image combines scenes from two different June 10 photographs from Capitol Hill
    MANIPULATED IMAGE: This digitally manipulated image was published on the Fox News homepage on June 12 with... More 
    I’d like for a dem Congress, AG and FCC haul the Murdochs and their CEOs before congress and determine whether they should be classified as, and enjoy the privileges of, a legitimate news organization.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    dignin said:
    rgambs said:

agree with this chart.....?

both sides are the same
    Now imagine their viewers
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited June 2020
    Asheville, NC and Chicago/U of Chicago of all places show how you stop and prevent this silliness.   U Chicago the best.  

Lol.  Bring us Gatorade!   Lol.  Seattle is terrible and the mayor and governor are clearly competing with De Blasio and Cuomo as tandem city/state incompetent leadership.  Didn’t think it possible. At least Washington didn’t sentence people to death like Cuomo did in response to the virus.  Send them to nursing homes and you can’t ask if they are infected!   Cuomo is the worst.     

It’s beautiful!  Summer of love in Seattle.  Never mind response times for emergency calls have tripled because of this.   But never mind - big bad orange guy said something that hurt my feelings on a platform nobody even uses.  

What a joke that anyone supports these clowns. 
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Fearful, hateful, ignorant trolls are everywhere. 
    The white house 
    Brazil
    Pearl Jam fan board

#SAD
    Fearful, hateful, ignorant trolls are everywhere. 
    The white house 
    Brazil
    Pearl Jam fan board

#SAD
    Agreed 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    This is the thread I needed. Left wing lunacy finally killed Seattle. Glad I was there in 2018. Any future visits will be fully armed, I have my Glorifies Gs, do you have yours? I bet the Capitol Hill guys are really proud...
    The band should be denouncing this lunacy any day now.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,479
    edited June 2020
    Yea, sounds like real lunacy. More like libertarianism or Bundyism, without the firearms. You going looking for the pizza franchise?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/dubbed-a-lawless-state-by-some-the-chaz-or-chop-seattles-newest-neighborhood-tries-to-create-its-own-narrative/
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    This is the thread I needed. Left wing lunacy finally killed Seattle. Glad I was there in 2018. Any future visits will be fully armed, I have my Glorifies Gs, do you have yours? I bet the Capitol Hill guys are really proud...
    The band should be denouncing this lunacy any day now.

Nuke the damn place.  And ban hippies forever!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    perspective is a good thing.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    perspective is a good thing.....

Yeah but we know all about the hippies.  They're like a fire in a dry forest.  A plague of hairy locusts! Kudzu on hillside in Kentucky!

Kudzu on hillside in Kentucky!  WTF?  I need some sleep.

Good night, freaks!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It's fallen damnit, don't you beatniks try to pretend that it hasn't.  Seattle is a wasteland now, nothing but lawlessness and anarchy!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    It's fallen damnit, don't you beatniks try to pretend that it hasn't.  Seattle is a wasteland now, nothing but lawlessness and anarchy!
    Might as well bring in the bulldozes and just flatten it , start all over again lol 
    rgambs said:
    Next up....
    Legal marijuana 
    Legal abortion
    Electric cars
    Mass transportation

Oh wait