White Privilege

Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

Hey, you don’t get to make my list for me. 

REAL lists of assholes don’t include phrases like “or lack thereof” ;) 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

REAL lists of assholes don’t include phrases like “or lack thereof” ;) 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:
    There doesn’t seem to be any desire for discussion any more.  If you don’t 100% agree with the current mood you will have your name written down by fellow pearl jam fans for future retribution.  There are now multiple threads with fan club members tracking PJ fans names on lists.  

Just go and check my posting history.  Why track someone?

Is this really going on?  I'm excited to read about this and hope I made someones list!
    Good news, Chris!

hahahahahahaahah!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Numero uno baby!  Who wants to touch me?  I said who wants to touch me?!?
    I quit trying to have a conversation here some time ago.
    I tried to discuss and or look for areas of agreement, silver linings, or mabey just search for clarity rather than trying to win an argument.  Mabey agree to disagree and accept?  Ya know hey We enjoy the same music at least cheers!?  Nope, just label, slam and dismiss.  Just like they did to Drew Brees.  I don't think Drew Brees said anything wrong.  (going to get blasted for this now watch)  But he was beat back into submission forced to apologize.
    Mission accomplished for the left.
    Im pretty sure I'm on the 10C Shit list.   Not Numero Uno but I bet I'm up there.
    Have a cold one  B)
    ed243421 said:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^ I listened to Drew Brees' comment and he said nothing wrong.  He said he chooses to stand during the national anthem, and each time he does, he thinks of his grandfathers that served in WWII.  Not sure how anyone can take offense to that.  He said nothing negative about those who choose to take a knee or what it symbolizes.  All he commented on was his choice to stand and why. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I listened to Drew Brees' comment and he said nothing wrong.  He said he chooses to stand during the national anthem, and each time he does, he thinks of his grandfathers that served in WWII.  Not sure how anyone can take offense to that.  He said nothing negative about those who choose to take a knee or what it symbolizes.  All he commented on was his choice to stand and why. 
    Incorrect. He said it was disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. 
    bbiggs said:
    That's exactly right.  And yet you can't even talk like that.  Thinks about Grandfathes that fought in WWII & those who fought for civil rights, admited that the USA isnt perfect but a lot of us are always trying to make it better for ALL.  How in the hell is that so offensive?  Didn't tell them not to kneel down either.  So he explains why he stands with his hand over his heart  and what he thinks about.  And he is told to shut up and sit down.
    We live in an upside down world.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

:lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    bbiggs said:
    I didn't find anything he said offensive.  This is trying to nitpick and make good people look like villains.  Drew Brees has always been a class act.  If anyone thinks he was disrespecting minorities in any way, shape or form, well, I don't know what to tell you.

bbiggs said:
    And you're selecting one piece and conveniently omitting the rest of what he said as to why HE has chosen to stand.  It's crazy this is even a story. 

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    edited June 2020
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:
    That's exactly right.  And yet you can't even talk like that.  Thinks about Grandfathes that fought in WWII & those who fought for civil rights, admited that the USA isnt perfect but a lot of us are always trying to make it better for ALL.  How in the hell is that so offensive?  Didn't tell them not to kneel down either.  So he explains why he stands with his hand over his heart  and what he thinks about.  And he is told to shut up and sit down.
    Yet Colin Kapernick expresses his feelings, exercising his first amendment rights and loses his job and gets blacklisted from the NFL and has to sign an NDA as part of a settlement. Then is called a son of a bitch by Team Trump Treason at a public hate rally and has white fans publicly burning his jersey. You better believe the world is upside down. I hope his African American offensive lineman do a purposefully poor job of blocking for him so defensive players can sack his ass and whisper to him what they think about his comments as they get up slowly from the pile. I’m sure there’ll be some Vike and Hawk players happy to oblige. Poor Drew.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited June 2020
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:
    Hmmm, maybe you haven't read his comment or the question asked? They specifically asked him what he thought about people kneeling.

During an interview with Yahoo Finance on Wednesday, Brees reiterated his stance that he will "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America."

Brees was asked on Wednesday for his opinion on players potentially kneeling during the national anthem in 2020. He said kneeling during the anthem was disrespectful, citing his grandfathers' military service during World War II.

"Let me just tell what I see or what I feel when the national anthem is played and when I look at the flag of the United States," Brees told Yahoo Finance. "I envision my two grandfathers, who fought for this country during World War II, one in the Army and one in the Marine Corp. Both risking their lives to protect our country and to try to make our country and this world a better place. So every time I stand with my hand over my heart looking at that flag and singing the national anthem, that’s what I think about."

Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited June 2020
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:
    Please don't spread misinformation. No one (here anyway) is criticizing him for talking about his grandfather and serving and why he stands for the anthem. Also, no one made him apologize. He didn't realize how his words would be perceived and made a decision, like any responsible adult should, to clear things up and that he meant no disrespect. Unlike our president, people who make mistakes can apologize without it being a blame the "left" response. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Look, when you call kneeling "disrespecting the flag" it shows that you aren't paying attention. To allow Drew a pass on how he feels, but condemn the people with convictions every bit as strong about the symbolism of kneeling in protest of police brutality, that smacks of white privilege. Drew screwed up and apologized. But go ahead and side with Laura Ingraham in saying that Drew's original statement was fine. I know I would need to do a gut check if I found myself on the same side as that deplorable.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

dankind said:
    #2. The Goat

:lol:
    Yes!!!!!?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    jeffbr said:
    Look, when you call kneeling "disrespecting the flag" it shows that you aren't paying attention. To allow Drew a pass on how he feels, but condemn the people with convictions every bit as strong about the symbolism of kneeling in protest of police brutality, that smacks of white privilege. Drew screwed up and apologized. But go ahead and side with Laura Ingraham in saying that Drew's original statement was fine. I know I would need to do a gut check if I found myself on the same side as that deplorable.
    see, this is it.

there was such a strong backlash against brees because he is not fucking listening. he is a smart guy and he is not fucking listening to what is being said. how many times has it been stated that taking a knee is not against the flag or the troops, but against police brutality? like thousands. it has been said by colin k and most of the other people that were taking knees a couple of years ago.  the fact that brees is knowingly misrepresenting what the movement is about and playing stupid about it is why there has been such an uproar.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    So is standing during the national anthem, with your hand over your heart, viewed as being disrespectful now?  At least in NFL circles.  It is a genuine question I don't know the answer to.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    bbiggs said:
    So is standing during the national anthem, with your hand over your heart, viewed as being disrespectful now?  At least in NFL circles.  It is a genuine question I don't know the answer to.

Can’t both co-exist?   I think the disrespectful thing is calling out someone else’s stand on the matter as a disrespectful act.  At this time it seems easy enough to say something like I support my teammates decision to protest, but I will be standing in remembrance of my family that served in ww2.  Has anyone said him choosing to stand is disrespectful? Tone deaf maybe. The disrespectful thing is defining someone else’s act of protest as disrespectful through your own 100m dollar nfl quarterback lens.  Nothing against him standing. Just against him defining the actions of others.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    bbiggs said:

I don't think it is. And I don't think taking a knee is either. One is outwardly calling attention to love of country and flag. The other is outwardly calling attention to the way a segment of our population is treated by those in authority. For me, neither is necessary at a sporting event, and both are an exercise of speech, so I'll condemn neither, and probably won't participate in either. I'm just there for the beer and the competition.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    And you're selecting one piece and conveniently omitting the rest of what he said as to why HE has chosen to stand.  It's crazy this is even a story. 

No, I’m selecting the one part that is most relevant and the reason why so many others, including his African American colleagues, are angry and disappointed. 
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:
    Yet Colin Kapernick expresses his feelings, exercising his first amendment rights and loses his job and gets blacklisted from the NFL and has to sign an NDA as part of a settlement. Then is called a son of a bitch by Team Trump Treason at a public hate rally and has white fans publicly burning his jersey. You better believe the world is upside down. I hope his African American offensive lineman do a purposefully poor job of blocking for him so defensive players can sack his ass and whisper to him what they think about his comments as they get up slowly from the pile. I’m sure there’ll be some Vike and Hawk players happy to oblige. Poor Drew.
    Very few people think that way.  Some always will but most don't.  And if they do it's inexcusable. 
    Halifax,, I'm calling you out for the fraud that you are, I don't even believe that you were a die hard Pearl Jam fan, you hang around this website just to troll and keep the Flames burning that is your Hallmark.
    I haven't commented anywhere recently, & the first time I make a peep there you are,  I am sure Smelly will be soon to follow.
     you are not actual Pearl Jam fans thatlove the band.  YOU are in a group of  hatres.
    One of Eddie's most beautiful trates that initially drew many of us to their brand of music was  his compassion for mankind.
    None of  that is displayed around here anymore.

Without Googling it name your favorite song Halifax.
    edited June 2020
    What I mean is halifax is you are pretty much a BOT!
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    team trump treason
    RYME said:
    Beedee beedee beedee 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    dankind said:
    RYME said:
    Beedee beedee beedee 
    B.         Twiki!
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:
    Very few people think that way.  Some always will but most don't.  And if they do it's inexcusable. 
    Halifax,, I'm calling you out for the fraud that you are, I don't even believe that you were a die hard Pearl Jam fan, you hang around this website just to troll and keep the Flames burning that is your Hallmark.
    I haven't commented anywhere recently, & the first time I make a peep there you are,  I am sure Smelly will be soon to follow.
     you are not actual Pearl Jam fans thatlove the band.  YOU are in a group of  hatres.
    One of Eddie's most beautiful trates that initially drew many of us to their brand of music was  his compassion for mankind.

Kind of like spelling - seems to be a lost art.

This post is hateful as well as inane.
    Bravo 

We missed you!
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    RYME said:
    RYME said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow! You’ve got me figured out. Come visit me on 4chan. Hmmmmm, my favorite song? Just Breathe.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    team trump treason
    Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?