Requested a Refund

pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
I just requested a refund for both Oakland shows. I can not see going to a show that might or might not happen next year on a date I can’t attend and I’m not willing to attend with a mask on or at a social distance. Next I’m going to request refunds for my two nights at Ohana. Hopefully that goes smooth. I don’t wanna be charged on June 1st for the lay away plan. Super depressed that I may never see PJ again, but if the Home Show, night 2 was my last one, I went out on top. 
Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    The only way they are taking my tickets is if they force me to get a refund. I hope they continue to do as they are doing and then have shows when they can with the tickets that we have. Also Krakow 18 > Seattle 2 18  ;)
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Seattle 2 was a bucket list thing to me. To see my all time favorite band in their home city, being about 10 rows center from stage in that huge venue and the set list and energy. Then the MoPop display at 1am after the show. It was an epic time for me, my wife, my great friend and his girlfriend. 

But as much as I love PJ, being miserable during the show with a mask on and various other problems due to Covid, I would rather not go. Plus the original dates were on a weekend, if they are rescheduled for a weekday I can’t go. Oakland is 6 hours round trip from home. 
    edited May 2020
    Just emailed Front Gate Tickets for my 2 nights of Ohana.  Will let everyone know what happens once I receive a reply. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Doom and gloom. Doom and gloom. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    Not doom and gloom. It’s not like I will be banned from ever purchasing tickets again. If a miracle cure happens and life returns to normal and finances dictate, I can always purchase tickets again. And if not, it’s just a concert. But I would rather have the money in the bank, than the mystery and unsureness  of the future shows. Dates, requirements, etc... But that’s just me. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Alternative reaction would be....makes sense, realistic approach.

Good luck to all, either way.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Has anyone that requested refunds from TM gotten their money yet? 
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    NSL said:
    10C yes lots of people. Not sure about general sale tickets. 
  • NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    PJNB said:
    NSL said:
    Ah yeah that's what I meant, the regular sale from TM. 
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
    NSL said:
    PJNB said:
    NSL said:
    I would hit them up with a chat on their site and ask whats up. My friend was looking for one a week ago but I never followed up with him what TM said. 
    Not doom and gloom. It’s not like I will be banned from ever purchasing tickets again. If a miracle cure happens and life returns to normal and finances dictate, I can always purchase tickets again. And if not, it’s just a concert. But I would rather have the money in the bank, than the mystery and unsureness  of the future shows. Dates, requirements, etc... But that’s just me. 
    “Super depressed that I may never see Pearl Jam again” 

Why even speak those words?  
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    I look at glasses as half empty. I’m getting older, I live in California, I might not have a job at the end of the year and my wife may not either. And I’m NOT willing to wear a mask or stand five miles from the stage to social distance or wait in line for weeks to be close. Could things change? I hope so! Until it does, it is what it is and like Popeye, I yam what I yam! 
    I hope it all works out for you.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    Take care fellow music fan. It def stinks for now.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I wish you the best.  Ohana hasn’t been cancelled so it would be surprising if they provide a refund.  That said, it would be interesting to know if they do - please update when you can!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    PS:  Seattle 2 (8/10/18) will be difficult to top.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    edited May 2020
    NSL said:
    PJNB said:
    NSL said:
    I got a refund on a standard Oakland ticket within a day or two of requesting it. I also requested a couple of fan2fan refunds around the same time and don't think those have come through yet. I'm holding onto some of my tickets because I have trades and walk-ins set up with other fans. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    If anyone wants to unload their Baltimore tickets let me know.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    edited May 2020
    I understand if people are having financial difficulties, and that concert money needs to be reallocated to keeping a roof over ones house.   That makes complete sense and is the right thing to do.   Necessities come before concerts.   If you don't need the money I don't really get it.   It's all unknowns right now.   We don't know the new dates, we don't know what the circumstances will be, etc.... I'm not giving up my tickets until I know more.    I would either  not be able to make the new date, or be uncomfortable with the health conditions.   Until either of those become an issue I see no reason to seek out refunds.

I feel like people think the worlds ending and we're never getting concerts again.  It'll take a while, but you can't isolate civilization forever.   Eventually we're either all going to get it, or they're going to figure out a vaccine/treatment. 

I am finding this to be a very divisive topic.    Lots of people just want refunds even if they don't need the cash (feels like panic selling when the market is down).   Then there's a bunch of people who will just wait it out until the shows happen or they get cancelled.

I honestly don't think concerts will go forward if having them is going to cause a widespread outbreak.   I don't think it's financially feasible to run socially distanced shows in big venues.   The reduction in number of fans would make it unfeasible.    I don't think they'd do shows if the virus was rampant because people won't want to go.  People like the OP would think twice.. I would think twice...

I think these are being delayed until the coast is clear, or if that takes longer than we hope.. maybe we start seeing cancellations.  

For me.. I need more info.  I'm ok for cash right now, I cant wait it out longer.   I don't want to give up tickets until I know more.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,033
    Dominos is hiring 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    PJNB said:
    The only way they are taking my tickets is if they force me to get a refund. I hope they continue to do as they are doing and then have shows when they can with the tickets that we have. Also Krakow 18 > Seattle 2 18  ;)
    I was at both of those shows. Krakow was awesome, but Seattle 2 was another level. 
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212
    I just requested a refund for both Oakland shows. I can not see going to a show that might or might not happen next year on a date I can’t attend and I’m not willing to attend with a mask on or at a social distance. Next I’m going to request refunds for my two nights at Ohana. Hopefully that goes smooth. I don’t wanna be charged on June 1st for the lay away plan. Super depressed that I may never see PJ again, but if the Home Show, night 2 was my last one, I went out on top. 
    I’m with you. An epic way to go out. On top of the Covid situation, it’s getting too expensive and too time consuming and stressful to get tickets with all the F5ing if you get shut out.  And for the cost of one show, we can buy the bootlegs for an. entire tour. It was a good run. Gone are the days. It’s a new world now.  
  • SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,072
    Zod said:
    I understand if people are having financial difficulties, and that concert money needs to be reallocated to keeping a roof over ones house.   That makes complete sense and is the right thing to do.   Necessities come before concerts.   If you don't need the money I don't really get it.   It's all unknowns right now.   We don't know the new dates, we don't know what the circumstances will be, etc.... I'm not giving up my tickets until I know more.    I would either  not be able to make the new date, or be uncomfortable with the health conditions.   Until either of those become an issue I see no reason to seek out refunds.

I feel like people think the worlds ending and we're never getting concerts again.  It'll take a while, but you can't isolate civilization forever.   Eventually we're either all going to get it, or they're going to figure out a vaccine/treatment. 

I am finding this to be a very divisive topic.    Lots of people just want refunds even if they don't need the cash (feels like panic selling when the market is down).   Then there's a bunch of people who will just wait it out until the shows happen or they get cancelled.

I honestly don't think concerts will go forward if having them is going to cause a widespread outbreak.   I don't think it's financially feasible to run socially distanced shows in big venues.   The reduction in number of fans would make it unfeasible.    I don't think they'd do shows if the virus was rampant because people won't want to go.  People like the OP would think twice.. I would think twice...

I think these are being delayed until the coast is clear, or if that takes longer than we hope.. maybe we start seeing cancellations.  

For me.. I need more info.  I'm ok for cash right now, I cant wait it out longer.   I don't want to give up tickets until I know more.
    One doesn't have to be desperate for cash to prefer not giving ticketmaster an interest free loan for a year. With so many people getting refunds, there will be plenty of opportunities to get new tickets after it's rescheduled. If your seats are so good that you'd be unlikely to score something similar I can see why you'd hold onto it. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    Front Gate Tickets,  the festival division of TM, will not do anything until shows are postponed or canceled... and Ohana will be canceled. 

SHZA said:
    Zod said:

One doesn't have to be desperate for cash to prefer not giving ticketmaster an interest free loan for a year. With so many people getting refunds, there will be plenty of opportunities to get new tickets after it's rescheduled. If your seats are so good that you'd be unlikely to score something similar I can see why you'd hold onto it. 
    Having GA for all 5 shows that I was going to for the spring tour and putting hours and hours into F2F to get them there is no way I am giving those up. It obviously makes sense if someone was in the nosebleeds for a show not in high demand that they could get a refund now and get tickets again later fairly easily but if I had decent tickets now and did not need the cash there is no way I am gambling getting something better down the road or even the risk of being shutout. 

I also doubt there will be plenty of opportunities to get tickets when they reschedule. I see one sale with all of the refund tickets put together and then F2F being started again and we all know what a shit show that is for the normal person not able to put hours into it. I think we will see a lot of threads complaining about people that got a refund and now can no longer get tickets to the show. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:

Technically, I think it's the promoter or the venue that sit on the cash (which in many cases is probably TM's parent company).   The thing is, how much interest am I really going to earn on $250 usd over the span of a year or two.

I agree with your comments though.   The crappier the tickets the easier it would be to let them go, and try to acquire better ones when things pick up again.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    The ticket seller sits on the cash, and they act upon the orders of the promoter in terms of when to issue refunds. In this case, the promoter and the ticket seller are both controlled by Livenation.
  • JG49071JG49071 Posts: 70
    I requested a refund too. Apparently though you have to actually have bought tickets to get refunds. Damn.

JG49071 said:
    I requested a refund too. Apparently though you have to actually have bought tickets to get refunds. Damn.

That must be in the super fine print. Bastards!!
  • mcdevittpbmcdevittpb Posts: 212
    All of the F5ers (me included) knew (or should have known) that a possibility existed of a show or shows being postponed or cancelled.  That’s the nature of live events. Something could happen anytime to affect the event happening. Hell, even the London show in 18 got postponed due to Ed’s voice.  Folks who couldn’t make the new date got refunded. Anyone who wants a refund should be able to get one. Anyone who wants to hold on to their tickets and wait it out should be able to do that too.