Spring Tour Postponed - Letter from the Band

Comments

• Olds44272Olds44272 Posts: 31
    I understand but dang. So I suspect this “first leg” includes Nashville and St. Louis. 
    Then I have tickets for London in July, so we will wait and see how events plays out in London. 
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    FUCK
    I agree. Stupid virus 
    it's so overblown. i just knew this was going to fuck things up. fuck. i hope my flight cost isn't down the drain. i never get to travel for this band. 
    Yeah gotta work on flights and hotels. It fit into my daughter schedule. Got GA in SD with my friend from LA. With all the talk I was concerned. This is just a major bummer. 
    i've been saying people's reaction to this is overblown since the beginning. not just because it fucks my pearl jam plans. i'm sick of everyone going apeshit over stuff like this. it's stupid. media driven BS. and all because that fucktard in the white house can't wipe his own ass, nevermind get a proper response ready. 

whatever. hopefully i'll be able to make it work, if it ever gets rescheduled. with this band, i have severe doubts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    right move at this time. For me personally glad the decision to travel has been taken out of my hands.  This weekend I went back and forth on possibly traveling,  my thoughts kept coming back to two things: what if I get stuck in another city for extended time with sickness and worse what if I bring virus back from show and somehow in my circle loses someone because of my traveling.  Short term will be bummed but for the greater good it’s right move to cancel: this band has always been about the greater good. I for one stand behind the band and their management for this decision. See you in the fall
  • Huge bummer but the right decision.  BTW - I just got off the phone with the Le Chateau Frontenac in Quebec City.  Even though my reservation said non refundable, they are giving me a credit for one year on my deposit (when they could have made me eat the whole stay). 
    am i still getting my commemorative ticket? :lol:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    I Hate the announcement but enjoy the shots at our inept govt
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    send me an ottawa poster with the word "cancelled due to hysteria" stamped on it in red. i'll hang that bitch in my bathroom. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    Just made this organ transplant recipient very happy. Thank you. Be safe.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    i understand but still sucks! :disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    FUCK
    I agree. Stupid virus 
    it's so overblown. i just knew this was going to fuck things up. fuck. i hope my flight cost isn't down the drain. i never get to travel for this band. 
    Yeah gotta work on flights and hotels. It fit into my daughter schedule. Got GA in SD with my friend from LA. With all the talk I was concerned. This is just a major bummer. 
    i've been saying people's reaction to this is overblown since the beginning. not just because it fucks my pearl jam plans. i'm sick of everyone going apeshit over stuff like this. it's stupid. media driven BS. and all because that fucktard in the white house can't wipe his own ass, nevermind get a proper response ready. 

whatever. hopefully i'll be able to make it work, if it ever gets rescheduled. with this band, i have severe doubts. 
    How'about calming down a little? Throwing a temper tantrum isn't going to make things better. We are talking about a few rock concerts. Yes its PJ!, but a little perspective and care for others is a good thing. 

Peace
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460
    The call that had to be made unfortunately.  

What will happen with the Apollo show ?  Not really part of the tour.  Assume that will PPD also, will that be made up as well ???

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Disappointed, for sure. But it’s the right decision.
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    This is the right call. Thank you
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Jport said:
    I understand your decision but it's just the flu.
    No it’s not. Go do some research and come back when your more educated. It was the right call.
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    and all because that fucktard in the white house can't wipe his own ass, nevermind get a proper response ready.

Yes, ALL because......
    surforia said:
    Would be cool if they did a live simulcast type show to tide us over, kind of like a combination of Radiohead "Live From the Basement" and Self-Pollution Radio.
    surforia said:
    Would be cool if they did a live simulcast type show to tide us over, kind of like a combination of Radiohead "Live From the Basement" and Self-Pollution Radio.
    +1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    My best guess is they’re rescheduled for later this year. Leg 2 in the Spring
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • edoconedocon Posts: 300
    Can we get the Europe postponed announcement soon please too? A lot of travel plans to unwind...
    I'd say fuck Trump and all he stands for, but he doesn't stand for anything but lining his pockets. So...just fuck Trump.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    Jport said:
    I understand your decision but it's just the flu.
    Considering the fact that there is a flu vaccine, it's clearly not the same thing.
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    fuck that. 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    send me an ottawa poster with the word "cancelled due to hysteria" stamped on it in red. i'll hang that bitch in my bathroom. 
    Out of respect, would it be possible to keep this stuff out of this thread?  Moving Train that way -------->
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

FUCK
    I agree. Stupid virus 
    Airlines are waiving flight changes. Have you called your airline? It’s all over the news
  • poisonpoison Posts: 53
    I can’t believe team ED is going to blame the government as part of the reasoning for canceling the tour. What a joke you’ve become and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Learn when to leave politics at the door for once in your freaking life dude. 

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Totally sad but it was the right thing to do.
  • Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    Thank you.
  • am i still getting my commemorative ticket? :lol:
    That'll be worth a lot more if so
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    That sucks but I get it... All that time dealing with tickets gone... Strange time my friends 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    This hurts, but I understand.

I had good seats too!
    You still have the seats. 
  • It sucks, and hopefully the rescheduled shows will work out with everyone's schedule. 

What I'm a little bitter about is that I learned this from a friend who saw it on Facebook and texted me about it. 

How about an email to people who actually paid for tickets and made hotel arrangements? 🤔
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 718
    Thank fuck I'm going to see PJ in London and at Ohana. 
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
This discussion has been closed.