Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

OK, so I missed out on the regular fan club drawing, didn't register for Verified Fan drawing. Question: Am I eligible for this Febuary 18th fan to fan sale without any further registering ?

I've been in Ten Club since 2000, Ticketmaster "fan" since 2005. I just called Ticketmaster & they said if I receive a code 24 or so hours before, I'm eligible. Still confused. If I didn't register for Verified Fan before 1/15/20 will I be eligible for the Ticketmaster Fan to Fan resale code ?

Thanks in advance !
St. Pete 3/29/1994
Jones Beach 8/24/2000
Uniondale 4/30/2003
New York 7/8/2003
New York 7/9/2003
New York 6/24/2008
New York 6/25/2008
New York 5/20/2010
New York 5/21/2010
Brooklyn 10/18/2013
Wrigley 8/22/2016

Comments

• Options
    mklmg said:
    OK, so I missed out on the regular fan club drawing, didn't register for Verified Fan drawing. Question: Am I eligible for this Febuary 18th fan to fan sale without any further registering ?

I've been in Ten Club since 2000, Ticketmaster "fan" since 2005. I just called Ticketmaster & they said if I receive a code 24 or so hours before, I'm eligible. Still confused. If I didn't register for Verified Fan before 1/15/20 will I be eligible for the Ticketmaster Fan to Fan resale code ?

Thanks in advance !
    Interesting.  I don't believe that they've set out much information on how the exchange will work.  Will it only be for Ten Club members?  I wouldn't think so.  Maybe those who missed out on the lottery would get first chance.  Again I wouldn't think so.

Its likely that will know in the next week or so.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    They've said its not just for 10C members, so anyone would be able to purchase tickets added to the Fan-to-Fan Exchange.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    The lower level employees at TM are likely as confused as we are, having been told nothing, and having it all left to the imagination.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 693
    Directly from the 10c email: does not clarify if for "10c members" ONLY or for 10c AND general public. So I guess more clarification with the forthcoming news February 18.

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
  • Options
    LukinAtU said:
    Directly from the 10c email: does not clarify if for "10c members" ONLY or for 10c AND general public. So I guess more clarification with the forthcoming news February 18.

Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange
    For fans who are unable to use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer North America’s first Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange, which will allow fans to resell their tickets for the price they paid (including all fees). The Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange will launch on February 18, 2020. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    This same note is in the general sale notice.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,946
    edited February 2020
    I'm thinking that sometime on the 18th you can go to TM and pull up the various venues to see what tickets are available.  I assume that scalpers won't just gobble them all up due to the difficulty in reselling them but who knows.

I'm planning on listing two tickets that I bought through the verified fan sale since my 10c seats are better.  I assume I just list them and then get some sort of notification when they sell.

We are Fan-To-Fan virgins
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    I mean if there was a way to sell tickets for face value through this exchange to a *specific person* it would be ideal but I don't think that's how it works. Like if I have an extra pair for a show and would happily sell them at face to someone from the boards, I could just directly transfer to that e-mail for face value. But I suspect if you list through this exchange it's first come first serve for whoever wants them.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    I mean if there was a way to sell tickets for face value through this exchange to a *specific person* it would be ideal but I don't think that's how it works. Like if I have an extra pair for a show and would happily sell them at face to someone from the boards, I could just directly transfer to that e-mail for face value. But I suspect if you list through this exchange it's first come first serve for whoever wants them.
    That would be ideal. But I assume it's just going to be live. As in, the minute you decide to transfer, they are then listed. And you'll get notified that they were purchased and the $$ will go back on the card you used to buy. Definitely clean and simple. It'll have to take some planning in order to coordinate a friend getting them. People are going to be living on the Baltimore page lol
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    I would think that regardless of who bought them to resell again the same rules apply to the tixs
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    I would think that regardless of who bought them to resell again the same rules apply to the tixs
    yes...that's my understanding

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I think the fan to fan exchange is being handled by the same company as the fan club lottery (I think that it was Ticketstoday).  My experience has been that the Ticketmaster employees don't have any clue about what Ticketstoday is doing.  So, its all speculation now.  It would be surprising if it was early access or exclusively for Ten Club members.  But we can always dream, right? 
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,111
    I'm thinking that sometime on the 18th you can go to TM and pull up the various venues to see what tickets are available.  I assume that scalpers won't just gobble them all up due to the difficulty in reselling them but who knows.

I'm planning on listing two tickets that I bought through the verified fan sale since my 10c seats are better.  I assume I just list them and then get some sort of notification when they sell.

Guessing the exchange will have a lot available for Quebec, OKC, and OAK. Many circular letters.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700

Guessing the exchange will have a lot available for Quebec, OKC, and OAK. Many circular letters.
    For sure. For me it’s just another chance to strike out! Haha 
    lottery-verified-public-f2f and last but not least given to fly forum. How many strikes would that be!  Lol. I’ve learned to embrace the hunt for msg and Baltimore. Tears may be shed when I get tickets. 
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    I'd bet that the fan-to-fan ticket exchange for PJ is going to work very similar to the ticket exchange they already have set up for NBA, NHL, etc. No need for them to completely reinvent the wheel & design a totally different platform.

Since they (Ticketmaster) already know what we paid for the tix, it would be pretty easy for them to just modify their existing platform to cap the sale amount at the amount originally paid instead of allowing the seller to choose the amount. 

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/
  • Options

What show is this?
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Jason7192 said:
    I'd bet that the fan-to-fan ticket exchange for PJ is going to work very similar to the ticket exchange they already have set up for NBA, NHL, etc. No need for them to completely reinvent the wheel & design a totally different platform.

Since they (Ticketmaster) already know what we paid for the tix, it would be pretty easy for them to just modify their existing platform to cap the sale amount at the amount originally paid instead of allowing the seller to choose the amount. 

https://www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/
    This makes a lot of sense!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    You can still sell for face to someone on the forum here. You just have to meet up with them outside the show, as people have been doing for years with paper/will-call tickets. 
  • Options
    KswheelerKswheeler Philadelphia Posts: 72
    I struck out on 10c lotto and VF fan but my buddy got me tickets will he be Able to transfer them to me directly 
  • Options
    Kswheeler said:
    I struck out on 10c lotto and VF fan but my buddy got me tickets will he be Able to transfer them to me directly 
    Only if it's Denver or NY. If not, your buddy will have to list them on the exchange and then hope that you get them.  Nobody knows how it's going to work, but will probably be a situation where you get online at the same time and hope you can snag them. 
  • Options
    Ok thanks
  • Options
    Will he be able to walk in with us instead 
  • Options
    Yeah, if he's going to be at the venue, that would certainly be the easier way to do it
  • Options
    Awesome thanks again 
  • Options

What show is this?
    Oakland 1

• Options

What show is this?
    Oakland 1
    I will be looking for your tickets for sure. Oakland are the shows I’m trying for. Thanks. 
  • Options

What show is this?
    Oakland 1
    I will be looking for your tickets for sure. Oakland are the shows I’m trying for. Thanks. 
    Sec 216 row 14 is what I'm going to be listing.  We can try to coordinate as best as possible or you might find better seats in the exchange.  I'm guessing there will be a decent selection.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700

What show is this?
    Oakland 1
    Best of luck 👍🏼
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited February 2020

What show is this?
    Oakland 1
    Sec 216 row 14 is what I'm going to be listing.  We can try to coordinate as best as possible or you might find better seats in the exchange.  I'm guessing there will be a decent selection.
    Awesome. Right now I’m ready to take anything besides behind the stage but will definitely be on the fan to fan starting day one. Hope to see you at the show. 😊 thank you 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

What show is this?
    Oakland 1
    Best of luck 👍🏼
    Thanks!! 😀
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Are we sure there won't be a delay between when the seller submits them and they show up on the exchange?