Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    How did this thread turn into ISO?
    they’re being literal.

“Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange”

• Options
    robbie said:
    Still desperately seeking a pair for Oakland 1 as well. Hoping the F2F comes theough.
    Me too. 
    Li
  • Options
    PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    would absolutely love to find (2) tickets to San Diego. Scored (2) to LA, and then days later my dad called me and asked if I wanted to go see PJ in San Diego. He has never seen PJ live, but I have converted him into a big fan over the last few years. Going with a good friend of mine to the LA shows, would love to be able to share the PJ live experience with my pops if possible. 
  • Options
    Need a solo ticket for Oklahoma city if anyone has one.   Will buy some beers to... :)
  • Options
    I hope this F2F works......ISO 2 for Baltimore as this will be the only show I can attend.....fingers crossed, good luck everyone!  

• Options
    Whothat13girlWhothat13girl Posts: 444
    edited February 2020
    Hoping this works out. Looking for 2 for Baltimore. Tried everything so far
  • Options
    Looking for 2 for either Oakland show, but could also do either show in L.A. Preferably pit tickets but anywhere near that area would be awesome. Been a fan from the beginning but have never seen them live due to life. This was going to be my year. No such luck so far. Fingers crossed for Feb 18th!
  • Options
    RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Are you in agreement that you do not think MSG will be part of the Fan to Fan Resale?  I wish it was.  But I would think that would open it up to scalpers buying all they could, since you can resell and transfer in New York.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,346
    PRL1JAM said:
    would absolutely love to find (2) tickets to San Diego. Scored (2) to LA, and then days later my dad called me and asked if I wanted to go see PJ in San Diego. He has never seen PJ live, but I have converted him into a big fan over the last few years. Going with a good friend of mine to the LA shows, would love to be able to share the PJ live experience with my pops if possible. 
    I posted 2 hrs ago a San Diego drop...there have been a lot of tickets...go check right away
  • Options
    AliveAndMineAliveAndMine Somewhere, IL Posts: 1

Wondering which wish has the better chance of coming true.... 3 tix together (taking my babies for their 1st show), getting an added date to Nashville or St Louis, or announcement of a 2nd leg.....

Pretty sure this isn't face value 😏
    I'm desperate, but not that desperate. 

...if I had known then what I know now...
    I AM MINE!!!
  • Options

Wondering which wish has the better chance of coming true.... 3 tix together (taking my babies for their 1st show), getting an added date to Nashville or St Louis, or announcement of a 2nd leg.....

Pretty sure this isn't face value 😏
    I'm desperate, but not that desperate. 
    Chances of another show being added are 0. Do not buy from these sites, they cannot transfer you the tickets, best they can do is give you their TM login details. Way too risky.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,172
    2 days to go. Do we know anything more about how this will work yet?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    2 days to go. Do we know anything more about how this will work yet?
    No which is crazy to think being this close out. 

Just a guess but I think its going to be as simple we put our tickets up for sale for face and those tickets pop up on the regular for sale page with a note that they are resells. Everyone has access to them minutes after we put them up.

I am curious if there will be an option to sell below face too. Some markets are going to have a bunch of people upgrading and not able to dump there tickets I bet. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    So finally some "official" info has been posted and pretty much what has been guessed by many. Still not clear if there is a different page/site for the "Exchange" but I assume it will just go back on the same event page like existing resale tickets.

https://help.ticketmaster.ca/s/article/Fan-to-Fan-Ticket-Exchange?language=en_US

Ticketmaster’s Face Value Ticket Exchange

Introducing Ticketmaster’s Face Value Ticket Exchange, an artist-driven marketplace where fans can sell their tickets to other fans at face value. Ticketmaster’s Face Value Ticket Exchange is free to use for buyers and sellers.

It’s simple, secure and fair for every fan. Here’s how listing tickets on the Exchange works:

1. When you have tickets you can no longer use, sign in to your Ticketmaster account and look for the Sell button in your ticket order.

2. In 3 quick steps, you can choose to list one or all of your tickets for the price you paid. Once your tickets are listed on the Exchange, your job is done!

3. After your tickets are sold, your payment is issued directly to the account you provided during set-up.

And if you’re looking to find tickets after they went on sale, just turn to the Exchange. Not only can you trust you’re getting an official ticket that gets you in every time, but you can ensure that the price set by the artist is the price you will pay, nothing more.

From “I can’t go anymore” to “I have to be there” — Ticketmaster’s Face Value Ticket Exchange has every fan covered.

Below are helpful FAQs about the newest way to sell and buy tickets with Ticketmaster’s Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange.

Who sets the price I can list my ticket for?
    List prices are limited to the face value prices originally set by the artist(s). 

Do I have to pay a fee to list or purchase tickets?
    There are no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets.

Do I get to pick who I exchange my tickets to?
    No, when listing tickets on the Exchange they will be made available for sale on a first come, first served basis.

Is there a deadline to list my tickets on the Exchange?
    Tickets may be listed up until the event start-time. However, the sooner you can list your tickets on the Exchange the better opportunity for them to sell to another fan. Once the event start-time passes, any tickets that have not sold will be placed back into your account and will be available for your use.

What happens if my tickets don’t sell?
    Your tickets will remain available for purchase until the event start-time. Once the event start-time passes, any tickets that have not sold will be placed back into your account and will be available for your use.

Do I have to list all my tickets for sale on the Exchange or can I list just one?
    It’s your pick. With the Exchange you have the flexibility to list one or all of your tickets. When you set up your listing on the Exchange, you can easily pick the exact ticket(s) you’d like to sell.

I bought a ticket on another site, can I sell my ticket on Ticketmaster?
    No, to protect each and every fan who shops with Ticketmaster, we only allow tickets purchased on Ticketmaster to be listed on the Exchange.

I bought a ticket on the Exchange and now I can’t go, can I list it on the Exchange?
    Of course! You can pass on that same great ticket to another fan for the price you paid. Sign in to your Ticketmaster account and tap on your order to view your ticket(s). From there, tap the Sell button to get started.

Why can’t I change the price of my ticket when I list it for sale?
    To allow more fans to purchase tickets at face value, tickets may only be listed at the price set by the artist. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

How do I list my tickets for sale on the Exchange?

1. Sign in to your Ticketmaster account and tap on your order to view tickets.

2. Tap the Sell Tickets button.

3. Select the ticket(s) you'd like to sell.

4. The price will automatically be set at the price you paid.

5. Select which payment method you'd like to receive your payment.

6. Review your listing and you’re all set.

I changed my mind, can I remove my Exchange listing?
    Yes, Ticketmaster makes it easy to manage your Exchange listing. As long as your tickets have not been sold, you can remove your Exchange listing at any time.

How to remove your listing:

1. Manage your listing(s) through your Listings page.

2. Tap the Remove Listing button to the right of the listing you want to remove.

3. Confirm that you want to remove your listing and it will be taken down shortly.

How and when do I get paid after selling my tickets?
    If your tickets are sold, we will automatically notify you by email. To check on the status of your Exchange tickets, go to your Listings page.

Payment timing will vary. Payments typically process within 7 business days when listing tickets from your account. For your security, you may have to verify 2 small deposits if getting paid by direct deposit.

How do I verify the two Ticketmaster deposits to get paid by direct deposit?

1. Find the two deposits (each less than $1) in the checking account you used for your seller profile. Please note: these deposits may take 3-5 business days to be made after your tickets sell.

2. Sign into your Ticketmaster account from a desktop or laptop (note, you can't verify these deposits from a mobile device.
      • Tap Payment Options under Account Settings
      • Tap the Verify Now button under Selling Tickets
      • Enter the deposits in the boxes
      • Tap Submit

Once your direct deposit account is verified, you won't have to do this again unless your account info changes.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Obviously want to see how this works in practice but it is a great idea and welcome addition to the PJ ticketing experience.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Would be nice to know what time this is going live on Tuesday and if there is a delay between listing and the tickets being available
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    Scalpers will be locked into the msg listings. 24:7. There will be almost no chance for the average fan to pick up msg f2f. If anyone even lists them there. My experience so far is that the secondary market is too tempting for anyone , fan club members included, to resist unfortunately. It’s one of the most cut throat situations I’ve seen. Stickmanhockey can attest to that. Luckily this will only be for the MSG shows. But I’m very close to going with stubhub. Msg face value seems like an impossibility at this point. I sincerely hope I have better luck if there is a fall tour. Good luck to everyone in other markets! Hope everyone scores. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Scalpers will be locked into the msg listings. 24:7. There will be almost no chance for the average fan to pick up msg f2f. If anyone even lists them there. My experience so far is that the secondary market is too tempting for anyone , fan club members included, to resist unfortunately. It’s one of the most cut throat situations I’ve seen. Stickmanhockey can attest to that. Luckily this will only be for the MSG shows. But I’m very close to going with stubhub. Msg face value seems like an impossibility at this point. I sincerely hope I have better luck if there is a fall tour. Good luck to everyone in other markets! Hope everyone scores. 

The f2f exchange hasn't opened yet. It may very well prove to be an impossibility, but why declare it to be one before even trying it?

• Options
    Super easy....safe...secure.....no inflated prices...first come first served as expected. Good luck everyone. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    nicknyr15 said:
    This is correct. There’s no reason for the F2F to exist for MSG - if someone wants to sell for face they can do so on StubHub or via the forum - and if it does exist there’s no reason for anyone to list there, and if for some reason it does exist and people do list there, it will be botted to death on a historical level. Your best bet for MSG is to watch StubHub carefully and see if there’s something you can stomach, or try to get a buddy on the G2F forum, probably as we get closer to show date. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    This is correct. There’s no reason for the F2F to exist for MSG - if someone wants to sell for face they can do so on StubHub or via the forum - and if it does exist there’s no reason for anyone to list there, and if for some reason it does exist and people do list there, it will be botted to death on a historical level. Your best bet for MSG is to watch StubHub carefully and see if there’s something you can stomach, or try to get a buddy on the G2F forum, probably as we get closer to show date. 

Why would someone trying to sell for face pay fees to do so through stubhub if they had the f2f option as an alternative?

• Options
    robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    Do we know what time this goes live on Feb 18?
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    nicknyr15 said:

The f2f exchange hasn't opened yet. It may very well prove to be an impossibility, but why declare it to be one before even trying it?
    It’s my opinion. And I’m only talking about msg. In my experience so far, I’ve been approached by members here and on Facebook with msg tickets for sale, and none were face value. Imo, face value msg tickets will be next to impossible. Plus I’m sure the vulture scalpers, who do this for a living, will eat up any tickets that shows up on the exchange. I hope I’m wrong, but I highly doubt I am. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    tdawe said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Why would someone trying to sell for face pay fees to do so through stubhub if they had the f2f option as an alternative?
    The possibility of people selling on StubHub is a reason why they wouldn’t bother setting up the exchange in the first place. The only reason for TM to set up and administer the exchanges is to provide people a way to transfer non-transferable tickets. For NY and CO it’s not solving that problem because that problem doesn’t exist. 

If they do set it up, my guess is that the number of people who 1) are committed to selling for face rather than market price, 2) know about the F2F exchange, 3) care enough about not making the buyer incur StubHub fees that they’d bother to figure out how to use the exchange and 4) wouldn’t just sell to a friend or through the forum will be exceedingly small. 

I understand why people who are desperate for MSG tickets and don’t want to pay on StubHub are hoping that this exchange will solve their problems. But I really don’t think it will, if it exists at all. 
  • Options
    If the people willing to pay thousands for MSG just save it for a few months they can probably see 3-4 shows for the price of 1 MSG ticket.

• Options
    If the people willing to pay thousands for MSG just save it for a few months they can probably see 3-4 shows for the price of 1 MSG ticket.

Or they could do both. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    tdawe said:

Or they could do both. 
    no kidding....good for them. I got 4 shows, all face value...if someone wants to spend a mortgage payment on a concert that's their choice of course. But all the boo hoo'ing about the cost and if they choose to spend they better not boo hooo anymore

Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    tdawe said:

Or they could do both. 
    no kidding....good for them. I got 4 shows, all face value...if someone wants to spend a mortgage payment on a concert that's their choice of course. But all the boo hoo'ing about the cost and if they choose to spend they better not boo hooo anymore

What 
  • Options
    it means people are free to pay what they want but don't complain about the price if you choose to spend it