The coronavirus

Comments

• Deathbridge sounds dangerous.
    Cowtown- that should be the  name of my town as is full of old cows!
    My town has a boring name compared.
    London colney. = boring 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    One of the most beautiful places I've ever been to (several time):

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FINLAND

The Chinese tourist isolated in Lapland Central Hospital is confirmed to have been infected by the corona virus. This is stated by the Institute for Health and Welfare THL, according to Swedish Yle.

The person left the Wuhan area five days ago and applied to the Ivalo Health Center because of flu symptoms. The person had fever and respiratory symptoms. The person was immediately quarantined at the central hospital in Rovaniemi. Now it is confirmed that the person is infected with the coronavirus.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2020

Lol.Enjoying that cartoonist do reveal a lot about a person. 

Very charming. Have you owned up to your weird lies about Greta and her mom yet? Or you just keep moving on with your blindfolds on, just like the daft cartoonist you enjoy seemto do?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• Lol.Enjoying that cartoonist do reveal a lot about a person. 

Very charming. Have you owned up to your weird lies about Greta and her mom yet? Or you just keep moving on with your blindfolds on, just like the daft cartoonist you enjoy seemto do?
    Glad you find them charming...thought a laugh would be helpful, especially for some of the angry all the time folks.... 

• Lol.Enjoying that cartoonist do reveal a lot about a person. 

Glad you find them charming...thought a laugh would be helpful, especially for some of the angry all the time folks.... 
    Finding his shit funny is disturbing. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Masks are selling like hotcakes in Taiwan.  Everywhere sold out.  I stalked an old couple this morning as they seemed to no where to get them on the down low.

They came up empty.  :D
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Perhaps overkill (no pun intended), but my condo’s staff are wearing face masks and gloves “as deemed necessary “.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I just read that the mask does not decrease your risk of catching a virus.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Scandinavian airline SAS stops all flights to China
  • Certain masks will. Not dust musks but finer  grade
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    All respirators have a protection level.  Those dust mask with a single strap you can find at home depot have no specific protection level, it is not a uniform material.  Most of the regularly used in industry or 95 or 100 (for particulate matter such as aerosols from sneezing). If used correctly a respirator rated 100% has at least 99.97% filtration efficiency against solids/aerosols.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • All respirators have a protection level.  Those dust mask with a single strap you can find at home depot have no specific protection level, it is not a uniform material.  Most of the regularly used in industry or 95 or 100 (for particulate matter such as aerosols from sneezing). If used correctly a respirator rated 100% has at least 99.97% filtration efficiency against solids/aerosols.
    The condom of mouthprotection.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

WHO declares coronavirus outbreak an international emergency

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/who-reconvenes-assess-latest-coronavirus-1.5445775
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    dignin said:

WHO declares coronavirus outbreak an international emergency

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/who-reconvenes-assess-latest-coronavirus-1.5445775
    Do not click that link unless you are ready for a man to repeat himself four times. The above sentence sums it up.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Most cold and flu viruses are picked up by touching surfaces like door knobs, etc., rendering mask useless...or compliment your mask with gloves...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Most cold and flu viruses are picked up by touching surfaces like door knobs, etc., rendering mask useless...or compliment your mask with gloves...

Yeah- wash the hands, for sure, but also be careful where they go.  Rubbing ones eyes, finger up the nose, etc. - besides virus going airborne and into the nose or mouth, I believe all body cavities/ mucus membranes  can let in a virus. 

This virus so far has a mortality rate of a little over 2%.  Not good, but there have been worse. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    By the end of this month, I would estimate based on the most recent CDC summary that the flu will have killed close to 10,000 people during the 2019-20 season and we have a lot of winter left in the northern hemisphere.   But news panic is always good.   It is the job of WHO and CDC do monitor, assess and prescribe action on all types of virus.   But this is not going to become a movie. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2020
    Now it’s confirmed we have it here as well, it’s interesting to see how it spreads around the globe. Nowadays people travel so much it’s hard to isolate viruses like this in time. 
    She came here the 24 January and had been in the Wuhan area.
    How come all the confirmed cases is in the most developed countries? Is there a lot of unknown cases in for example Africa ? 
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    By the end of this month, I would estimate based on the most recent CDC summary that the flu will have killed close to 10,000 people during the 2019-20 season and we have a lot of winter left in the northern hemisphere.   But news panic is always good.   It is the job of WHO and CDC do monitor, assess and prescribe action on all types of virus.   But this is not going to become a movie. 
    Agreed. I'm actually more concerned with the flu, as it is much more prevalent.
    2019 - 2020 stats to date from the CDC for the US:
    15,000,000 - 21,000,000 Flu illnesses
    7,000,000 - 10,000,000 Flu medical visits 1
    40,000 - 250,000 Flu hospitalizations
    8,200 - 20,000 Flu deaths
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    Agreed. I'm actually more concerned with the flu, as it is much more prevalent.
    2019 - 2020 stats to date from the CDC for the US:
    15,000,000 - 21,000,000 Flu illnesses
    7,000,000 - 10,000,000 Flu medical visits 1
    40,000 - 250,000 Flu hospitalizations
    8,200 - 20,000 Flu deaths

As I'm sure you know, Jeff, the reality is that Mother Nature is very adept at cleaning house.  But of course, we humans brought a lot of this on ourselves through overpopulation, wealth inequity (the poor die faster and harder), over-use of antibiotics, pollution, radiation, climate change, etc.  We really have done a number on ourselves.  A real shame because we could have done so much better.  Still could... maybe.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2020
    Would be better if everyone just gone vegan.  No bat-viruses or snake-viruses or wherever this came from.

Maybe an oat-virus would be the killer of us all though. Who knows.
    Would be better if everyone just gone vegan.  No bat-viruses or snake-viruses or wherever this came from.

Everyone going vegan would probably help sustain an over-population human species, but the way I see it, fewer people and fewer toxins would do more to help than everyone going vegan.  Look at the indigenous people in the American plains before European continental conquest, for example.  Their population was stable, their environment was healthy, they were healthy, and they ate a lot of buffalo burgers.  I'm more inclined to think the problem is overpopulation, excessive use of antibiotics, and pollution.

We have recalls all the time here over tainted greens.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

There are actually a lot of viruses and sicknesses that get spread through eating fruits and vegetables. And just because you won’t eat a bat doesn’t mean it won’t shit on your lettuce, ha
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    PJPOWER said:

There are actually a lot of viruses and sicknesses that get spread through eating fruits and vegetables. And just because you won’t eat a bat doesn’t mean it won’t shit on your lettuce, ha
    My favorite salad dressing. 
  • hedonist said:
    Better a tainted green, than a greened taint.
    hedonist said:
    Better a tainted green, than a greened taint.
    (T)ain't that the truth.
This discussion has been closed.