Andrew Yang's Humanity Forward Movement

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
edited March 2020 in A Moving Train
Here is a candidate who is gaining ground and yet was excluded from the most recent debate. (In the video linked, go to around 17:20 in the video below to get a better picture of why that is.)   I hope that changes- I would very much like to see Yang back in the debates.   

In any case, Yang seems to have fallen off the radar here on AMT a bit and it seems that his support, building as it is,  qualifies him as worth talking about more here.  Check out some of the shorter footage on YouTube if you're pressed for time, or spend a bit more time checking out this excellent interview:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Another thing worth noting- if you check out some of the interview videos of Yang on YouTube, check out the viewer comments.  Most are positive and supportive.  Do the same for the other candidates- there percentage of dissatisfied or hateful responses is much higher.  People like Yang.  He's smart, energetic, personable and I love his motto,  MATH, Make America Think Harder.   Excellent!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    brianlux said:
    Another thing worth noting- if you check out some of the interview videos of Yang on YouTube, check out the viewer comments.  Most are positive and supportive.  Do the same for the other candidates- there percentage of dissatisfied or hateful responses is much higher.  People like Yang.  He's smart, energetic, personable and I love his motto,  MATH, Make America Think Harder.   Excellent!
    I am impressed with him.  I don't think Universal Basic Income is a good strategy at this point but overall I think he is a like able candidate.  I like him a lot more than Sanders, Biden or Warren.
    pjhawks said:
    brianlux said:
    I am impressed with him.  I don't think Universal Basic Income is a good strategy at this point but overall I think he is a like able candidate.  I like him a lot more than Sanders, Biden or Warren.
    Same here pjh.  The more I listen to him, the more I like what he say. 

Here's another good interview that includes his wife, Evelyn Yang.  I think she would make a fine First Lady.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I would rather vote for him vs. the 3 geriatric candidates. 
    Ultimately, I will vote for whomever the put out there -- would be nice if it were someone like Yang. 

Ugggh.  That Joy-less bat, cannot stand her.  First I watched of Mrs Yang, she seems like a good lady.  They seem to be real/truthful, which is great.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    He was very good on Bill Maher.

MATH

Make America Think Harder

priceless
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Ive been on the Yang bandwagon since the Summer.  

There isnt a candidate who puts more thought or care into every single issue.  
    I would rather vote for him vs. the 3 geriatric candidates. 
    Ultimately, I will vote for whomever the put out there -- would be nice if it were someone like Yang. 

Ugggh.  That Joy-less bat, cannot stand her.  First I watched of Mrs Yang, she seems like a good lady.  They seem to be real/truthful, which is great.
    Yeah, I like Evelyn Yang.  Seems like a nice lady and bright as well.
    He was very good on Bill Maher.

MATH

Make America Think Harder

priceless
    Love that motto!
    MayDay10 said:
    Ive been on the Yang bandwagon since the Summer.  

There isnt a candidate who puts more thought or care into every single issue.  
    Well said Mayday!

Yang is happening!  I've joined the FB Yang group and keep reading there from people who have previously shown little or much diminished interest in politicians who are supporting Andrew Yang in ways they never have before.  His support base is growing daily and for good reasons.  C and I are impressed such that we've leaned hard on our tithing budget to donate to the Yang candidacy to a degree we've never done before.  I hope some of you will come on board with us!

• If I was a democrat that could vote in their primary, and taking away factors like electability versus Trump in the general election, if these democrats were the only options for president, I think I'd probably vote Yang. Young guy, seems pretty smart, and it'd be a nice changing of the guard for the Dems from relics like Biden, Bernie, and Hillary to a young, tech-savvy guy like Yang. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    Yang is happening!  I've joined the FB Yang group and keep reading there from people who have previously shown little or much diminished interest in politicians who are supporting Andrew Yang in ways they never have before.  His support base is growing daily and for good reasons.  C and I are impressed such that we've leaned hard on our tithing budget to donate to the Yang candidacy to a degree we've never done before.  I hope some of you will come on board with us!
    Enjoy your stay on the Yang train.  Jump of before the derailment though ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Yang is going to make an excellent Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    Yang is going to make an excellent Secretary of Housing and Urban Development

Or possibly VP.  But those of us who are on board with Yang are looking for more, sooner.  In today's world, there is no time to drag our feet and most of our politicians are doing just that, dragging their feet.

If I was a democrat that could vote in their primary, and taking away factors like electability versus Trump in the general election, if these democrats were the only options for president, I think I'd probably vote Yang. Young guy, seems pretty smart, and it'd be a nice changing of the guard for the Dems from relics like Biden, Bernie, and Hillary to a young, tech-savvy guy like Yang. 

That's the thing that is dragging us down, Ledbetterman- the majority of today's politicians either are, or act like they are, relics.  It's time to move into the 21st century and most politicians are stalling on things like climate change and education.  Yang is a man of action- just what we need!

• I was talking about him a while ago.  He did an fantastic interview on Joe Rogan and I was very much intrigued.

His take on Universal income and truck drivers future had me very interested in what he had to say.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/279597/universal-basic-income-ubi/p1

I like him and love his ideas but it's way too progressive or "Commie" thinking to get past certain people which is a shame because you might not agree w everything he says but you should have a general interest in it.
    Just watched his Town Meeting speech in Iowa.  The man is smart, energetic, personable, engaging, and motivated.  I'm sure we'll be hearing more from and about him in the coming day, weeks, months!

• I hope he get some kind of role in Sanders administration.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I hope he get some kind of role in Sanders administration.
    Hopefully in Sweden 
    hippiemom = goodness
    Sanders anyhow. Yangs ok. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2020
    Hopefully in Sweden 
    Naw. Too right winged. Keep him.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2020
    It's destiny:  2020  is the Year of the Rat

" In the terms of yin and yang (阴阳—yīn yáng), the Rat is yang and represents the beginning of a new day."

This is huge- Yang qualified for the debate in February.  We're on a roll!  This is happening!

• brianlux said:
    This is huge- Yang qualified for the debate in February.  We're on a roll!  This is happening!

Will be fun!
    brianlux said:

Will be fun!

For sure.  I'm stoked!

Hopefully in Sweden 
    But you have a growing right wing populist movement don’t you ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited January 2020
    Hopefully in Sweden 
    Why are you trying to bait me into discussing Sweden in relations to the US? I don’t want to get banned. thank you. 

Not being playfully sarcastic (which led to a ban and this ”probation” status I am in like Ashley Judd in that movie Double Jeopardy) is challenging enough. 

thank you. 

YANG IS THE NAME OF THE GAME
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Hopefully in Sweden 
    Why are you trying to bait me into discussing Sweden in relations to the US? I don’t want to get banned. thank you. 

Not being playfully sarcastic (which led to a ban and this ”probation” status I am in like Ashley Judd in that movie Double Jeopardy) is challenging enough. 

thank you. 

YANG IS THE NAME OF THE GAME
    If you take Bernie I’ll give you yang as well. 

Yang is your flavor of the month. I do like having him on the debate stage for now, but we still gotta get that stage down to like 3-4 max soon. I think it won’t be very long, but who knows.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Check this out- some excellent reasons to consider Yang.  Just 4 minutes of your time.  Please check it out!

• RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    brianlux said:
    Check this out- some excellent reasons to consider Yang.  Just 4 minutes of your time.  Please check it out!

Impressive!
    brianlux said:

Impressive!

:plus_one:      

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Yang is what our country needs right now.  Laser-focused on real problems and solutions. 
    MayDay10 said:
    Yang is what our country needs right now.  Laser-focused on real problems and solutions. 

Exactly, MayDay.  Right on the money!