Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

Comments

• euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

REMINDER: Tickets are Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable
    Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    This is contradictory.... tickets are "non-transferrable".... but you can transfer / sell on the exchange??
  • euchrid said:
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    This is contradictory.... tickets are "non-transferrable".... but you can transfer / sell on the exchange??
    euchrid said:
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

Nope. It’s clear. You arent transferring, you’re selling. May have no idea who the buyer is, we’ll see. TM exchange is the middleman. Post tickets to sell, someone buys them. You get your money back, they get your tickets. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I feel like you can transfer but you also have to meet at the gate to walk them in???
  • I feel like you can transfer but you also have to meet at the gate to walk them in???
    Thats not transferring, thats a spouse, kid, friend, date or 1 scalped ticket. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    I just want to know if I buy two tickets can I sell my guest ticket on the fan to fan exchange if I can't find someone to share it with.
    Yes, I think that’s what it’s for. What shows you going to?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I just want to know if I buy two tickets can I sell my guest ticket on the fan to fan exchange if I can't find someone to share it with.
    We don’t know that for sure, they might only allow the sale of your entire order.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2020
    On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. 
  • I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
    I'm pretty certain you won't be able to sell just 1 ticket if you put in for 2, since it's clear that the tickets will be tied to one barcode
  • On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. 
    And if you win your 2 tickets, then post 1 on the exchange, the buyer becomes the new purchaser, so this transaction now =s 2 purchasers. Each enters by themselves as the sole purchaser of their 1 ticket. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    We don’t know that for sure, they might only allow the sale of your entire order.
    Fair point. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    What is happening in New York? Will the MSG show still be on the fan exchange?
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    So I think I'm starting to understand a bit more now. I think that for transfers, you can transfer one ticket to someone of your choosing, but you'll both have to go in together. So maybe this isn't a transfer at all, but the barcodes will remain on the original 10c member who purchased the tickets' phone.

BUT if the 10c member can't make the show at all, they can post both tickets for sale, and then the ownership transfers. This will be a marketplace and it will be a free for all, said 10c member can't decide that they want the tickets to go to their best buddy etc.

Would be great to get some clarification from 10c! I sent an email (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) :)
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    edited January 2020
    NFL (and I assume other leagues) have been doing this for awhile, you don't pick who you're selling to, your just selling your ticket thru LN/TM Verified Fan resale, but limited to face/fees.  If no demand they don't sell and you're stuck with them (won't be a problem for these shows).
  • Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 75
    So, if I understand correctly--assuming I can afford it, I should put in for tix to shows that friends want to go to, because I can always sell to them (or other PJ fans) via the exchange, even though I am unlikely to go myself?

Or am i missing something here? the text is somewhat contradictory. 
  • Wolf359 said:
    So, if I understand correctly--assuming I can afford it, I should put in for tix to shows that friends want to go to, because I can always sell to them (or other PJ fans) via the exchange, even though I am unlikely to go myself?

I guess it's possible to tell your friends to log onto the TM exchange at that same time you click post for sale there maybe a chance they can purchase them if they see them and click buy at that instant. Not sure, depends on the delay from your offering them and them hitting the TM fan to fan site might be a factor, as well as hawks sitting there hitting F2( refresh) which we are all good at.   
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    CubsWin said:
    How is the the fan-to-fan ticket exchange going to work?  Would I be allowed to choose who I can sell my tickets to?  Or do they just get put into a pool where anyone can purchase them?   Can they only be sold to other fan-club members?  
    I sent them that question in an email and they said you throw your unwanted ticket into the mix.... whomever buys it, you may not know. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Wolf359 said:

No. You can resell your tickets, but there's no guarantee your friends will buy them before someone else does.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    Suziemay said:
    So I think I'm starting to understand a bit more now. I think that for transfers, you can transfer one ticket to someone of your choosing, but you'll both have to go in together. So maybe this isn't a transfer at all, but the barcodes will remain on the original 10c member who purchased the tickets' phone.

BUT if the 10c member can't make the show at all, they can post both tickets for sale, and then the ownership transfers. This will be a marketplace and it will be a free for all, said 10c member can't decide that they want the tickets to go to their best buddy etc.

Would be great to get some clarification from 10c! I sent an email (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) :)
    You basically have it right, but you’re using the word transfer incorrectly and that’s what is confusing you and others. 

You buy a pair of tickets and they are yours. You can bring anyone you want. You both have to go in together and the tickets are in your account. There’s is no “transferring” happening. Unless you live in NY or CO, where laws are different. Your other option is to sell your tickets for face value via the fan exchange. Those are the only options. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Suziemay said:

You basically have it right, but you’re using the word transfer incorrectly and that’s what is confusing you and others. 

You buy a pair of tickets and they are yours. You can bring anyone you want. You both have to go in together and the tickets are in your account. There’s is no “transferring” happening. Unless you live in NY or CO, where laws are different. Your other option is to sell your tickets for face value via the fan exchange. Those are the only options. 
    Yep! Thanks, I think I finally get it. I was assuming that the fan transfer/exchange would also enable me to transfer one ticket to a ticket buddy but that’s not the case. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    euchrid said:
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

euchrid said:
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

Nope. It’s clear. You arent transferring, you’re selling. May have no idea who the buyer is, we’ll see. TM exchange is the middleman. Post tickets to sell, someone buys them. You get your money back, they get your tickets. 
    Just my interpretation I guess... but certainly not clear. I'm sure it was clear to whoever wrote it as well. How else do you sell your tickets without "transferring" them. They just had to add a few more words. "To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets can not be transferred to specific fans but can be sold at face value through the Fan-to-Fan exchange on a first come first served basis."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Wolf359 said:

I guess it's possible to tell your friends to log onto the TM exchange at that same time you click post for sale there maybe a chance they can purchase them if they see them and click buy at that instant. Not sure, depends on the delay from your offering them and them hitting the TM fan to fan site might be a factor, as well as hawks sitting there hitting F2( refresh) which we are all good at.   

Yeah, I would think this is the most realistic option to try to transfer to someone specific.  If you could sell to specific people then that is essentially "transferring" the ticket and you could have side agreements via paypal to effectively scalp the ticket for a profit.  I would be surprised if you can sell to a specific person.

• gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    The way I read it, laws in Denver and New York allow you to transfer the tickets.  The ticket exchange is giving up your tickets to Ticketmaster, they sell them with no fees, and you get your money back.  
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    do you know what tickets as in location you are buying?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I dont like this to be honest.

I get that sometimes there are extreme circumstances are created and someone legit cant go and has fallen on hardship.... and gets stuck eating or donating tickets.

But this creates a system that further encourages pairing-up, increasing odds, childrens' accounts, and overbuying, and later adjusting to figure out which tickets are more preferable, or later realizing that travelling will be to costly or arduous.   
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    This process still seems to lack clarity on whether or not ONE individual ticket can be sold in the fan-to-fan exchange. Example:  I buy a pair for myself and concert buddy. Concert buddy bails, but I still want to attend the show. Ideally, I can sell that unused ticket that was supposed to be for my concert buddy (face value via TM fan to fan exchange). Has anyone confirmed that this is acceptable or not? And I have thoroughly read all of the rules. This is not spelled out. 
  • MayDay10 said:

I get that sometimes there are extreme circumstances are created and someone legit cant go and has fallen on hardship.... and gets stuck eating or donating tickets.

But this creates a system that further encourages pairing-up, increasing odds, childrens' accounts, and overbuying, and later adjusting to figure out which tickets are more preferable, or later realizing that travelling will be to costly or arduous.   
    That is the downside, yes. But at the end of the day, it should mean face value tickets are available to fans through a number of methods and that's a huge upside. If this works well, it could be a massive improvement for the industry as a whole. Definitely worth a shot.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    MayDay10 said:

While it's probably true that people will team up and end up using the best seats, I like that there's going to be face value tickets available instead of having to go the stubhub route if you miss out on the presale.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    My understanding is if you bought 2 tickets, you and a guest go in together. No splitting the purchase. If you can't make it, you sell off the pair in the Exchange.

The option to buy a single ticket probably exists to avoid people trying to dump extras and opens more seats for 10c members to take.
  • bbiggs said:
    This process still seems to lack clarity on whether or not ONE individual ticket can be sold in the fan-to-fan exchange. Example:  I buy a pair for myself and concert buddy. Concert buddy bails, but I still want to attend the show. Ideally, I can sell that unused ticket that was supposed to be for my concert buddy (face value via TM fan to fan exchange). Has anyone confirmed that this is acceptable or not? And I have thoroughly read all of the rules. This is not spelled out. 
    It's not clear yet. Worst case, you'd post on Lost Dogs and find a new buddy in minutes. Only issue would be meeting them outside the show as you'd have to walk in together.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    MayDay10 said:

100% with you on this but I will wait and see how it plays out. Right now it looks like you can just put in for shows you are unsure of going to and just use your get out of jail free card later and sell them without a worry. This is a huge step backwards imo if true.