Fan-To-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange

How is the the fan-to-fan ticket exchange going to work?  Would I be allowed to choose who I can sell my tickets to?  Or do they just get put into a pool where anyone can purchase them?   Can they only be sold to other fan-club members?  

Comments

• This is my burning question. Have not found the answer. Is it restricted to ten club members only....hmm.
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    I just want to know if I buy two tickets can I sell my guest ticket on the fan to fan exchange if I can't find someone to share it with.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I'm sure most of that info will be available when the marketplace opens mid-February. For now they've been clear to buy for what you need and there is flexibility to an extent. Guessing that 10c members and possibly Verified Fans will be able to purchase if they missed out, but it won't allow people with tickets to hold onto more than the 2 per show they're allowed.
  • JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    CubsWin said:
    How is the the fan-to-fan ticket exchange going to work?  Would I be allowed to choose who I can sell my tickets to?  Or do they just get put into a pool where anyone can purchase them?   Can they only be sold to other fan-club members?  
    On the Faithful forum the ticketmaster rep said that you can sell ten club tickets to non-fan club members via the exchange.
  • pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    edited January 2020
    If there are 2 fan club members going, each with a membership. To increase odds of securing tickets should both submit for tickets. Then fan to fan the extra pair, assuming we get 4 reserved. GA being the ultimate goal. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Jed said:
    CubsWin said:
    On the Faithful forum the ticketmaster rep said that you can sell ten club tickets to non-fan club members via the exchange.

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    If there are 2 fan club members going, each with a membership. To increase odds of securing tickets should both submit for tickets. Then fan to fan the extra pair, assuming we get 4 reserved. GA being the ultimate goal. 
    Exactly! You’ve really got nothing to lose. What I’m wondering is if Ten Club members will see tickets available on the fan-to-fan exchange first or if it goes straight to a public pool. I would hope that ten club fans who missed out on a particular show in the draw would have first shot at tickets in the fan-to-fan exchange. 
    The beauty is that the fan-to-fan exchange is face value only. 
  • CubsWinCubsWin Posts: 26
    I'm wondering if there is a way to sell them to someone else you know.  Or is it just random?
  • I feel very lucky when I am able to secure tickets for the actual face value. hopefully some others will benefit from this new fan to fan concept. It'll be interesting watching this new feature play out. 
    CubsWin said:
    I'm wondering if there is a way to sell them to someone else you know.  Or is it just random?
    Random. Although I wonder if there's a scenario where you could tell someone, "hey I'll put my extra GA ticket up at 3:00 am so log on and start refreshing."
    The key here is going to be whether or not the seller can choose the buyer or if the tickets go back into a general queue for anyone to purchase. If the seller and buyer are able to connect outside the fan-to-fan exchange site, then shenanigans are still likely.  
    CubsWin said:
    Ideally I would hope it’s a more random process with some sort of priority given to ten club members who wanted tickets to that particular show but didn’t “win” in the lottery. I’m thinking like a 2 hour heads up on the fan-to-fan site for ten club members first....something like that. Like I mentioned above, if there is a way for buyer/seller to connect prior to the exchange on the site, then shenanigans will happen. 
    I’m very interested in seeing how this plays out. 
    Yeah, if you can select the buyer that's effectively a transfer and high incidence of shenanigans. Has to be open market. 
  • smaksmak Posts: 215
    I'm assuming if you put a ticket up there, you have to wait until somebody buys it to get paid.
  • I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I have a question.  Say I get 2 tickets and cannot make the show.  Can I sell both my Ten Club ticket and my guest Ten Club ticket for face value via the Exchange or only the guest ticket and I must eat my Ten Club ticket?  This would help me decide on what shows I pick knowing that if I can't make it to Quebec I can at least sell both tickets for face value and help someone else out at the same time.

You can sell both if you buy both through the 10c.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • CubsWinCubsWin Posts: 26
    I feel like a lot more people will be buying tickets in hopes of going to the shows that might not actually go.  So I'm not thinking they'll be a number of tickets available in the fan-to-fan ticket exchange which is good.  
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Sorry, but not understanding this. Just need some clarification.
    My wife and I are both members and usually both go in for tickets and if we both win the lottery, we take friends or even my daughter & friend who aren't in 10C. Am I not able to transfer them my spare ticket and my wife do the same with hers anymore?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    May lead to more short term frustration when tickets sell out pretty quickly then. But yeah, nice to see them try to cut the scalpers out. 

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Can't wait to see ticketmasters cut of this.... they're the real scalpers. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    BLACK35 said:
    My wife and I are both members and usually both go in for tickets and if we both win the lottery, we take friends or even my daughter & friend who aren't in 10C. Am I not able to transfer them my spare ticket and my wife do the same with hers anymore?

- Tickets are Non-Transferable, Non-Refundable.
    Ticketmaster has partnered with Pearl Jam to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    *Does not apply to shows in New York or Colorado.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    BLACK35 said:
    I think your guest has to be with you when entering arena. No transfer of tickets. 
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831
    My guess only way around it is give your Ticketmaster account to your guests.  
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    ok thanks guys, just as long as they are with me or my wife were good. So we can bring who ever we want then. Unlike Boston where you had to email your spare tickets to your friend
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • If I win 2 tickets, can I choose to put only 1 of them on the ticket exchange?  or would have have to put both? Anyone know how this works?
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Here is what its says.
  • jefftjefft Posts: 649
    Here is what its says.

REMINDER: Tickets are Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable
    Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited January 2020
    jefft said:
    Here is what its says.

REMINDER: Tickets are Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable
    Pearl Jam has partnered with Ticketmaster to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    tickets...