Excitement Level For Possible 2020 U.S. Stadium “Tour?”

bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
Now that the Europe 2020 leg of the tour is official, I’m wondering how excited everyone in the U.S./ N.A. would be if we get a repeat of 2018.  There’s been plenty of speculation as to whether or not they’ll play arenas (no one seems to know), but for the sake of this thread, let’s assume they announce 6-8 baseball stadium shows ONLY in 2020. We can assume Wrigley, Fenway, Safeco and possibly one or two more. How excited would you be for that? 

Excitement Level For Possible 2020 U.S. Stadium “Tour?” 218 votes

Extremely excited - Best thing ever. I’m there!!
11%
Vedd Heddi got idwallerceAndopjpitt89Lost In OhiotschavC2V3NHollisBrownScreaming TreeTuta23biggamecbcGuitarEnthusiastCW101706PD279656pawlowski1097D-Rodry75guyrummyRobbert 24 votes
Excited - I’m there, but been there, done that.
40%
CantKeepmedowncincybearcatdarwinstheorydaloveboneVedderman23release00marcPJfandimsdaleLedbetterman10rival9500CopperTompjl44on2legsmikesbriTheLuckyOnesSteverthebelieverMakingWavesBillGlorifiedGDaron Oshaydanlee1095 88 votes
Indifferent (pun intended) - Might see me there.
20%
faithful2youmcgruff10NewJPagesmile6680bootlegger10satchoroyalechiwhitesoxOTOTOiOnlyownMymindmfc2006jwhjr17gotthebottlepjsteelerfanIndifference71Dissident67BentleyspopZodDr.Teeth and the Electric Mayhmace1229HesCalledDyer 44 votes
Not excited at all - Highly unlikely I attend.
25%
jeffbrmy_wavedisilluzionevenflow82primussucksporchdwellerjdopjHailHailVitalogyTHEBIBLEISTENtexjayhawkMayDay10anakin_pdxlowlighterDukeSpiritstuckinlinestarmap3333pulling69mookieblalockvest71beanpj10 56 votes
This would be the worst - Zero chance I go and I’m throwing away all PJ vinyl.
2%
whoyouare72vaggar99PeterEDKM73780malphurs72tusevun 6 votes

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    No chance I attend any stadiums shows at all...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Indifferent (pun intended) - Might see me there.
    Have already seen that Fenway show 4 times. Would much rather hear a new album than see that show again. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Not excited at all - Highly unlikely I attend.
    Please no more stadium shows...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I hope they don't do baseball stadiums....they haven't played Noblesville since 2010.  I'm hoping for a multi city tour so I can hit multiple shows
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It doesn't matter the venue. I will never not be excited when they play Boston.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
     For a  theater or small venue tour I would be excited (chance of that happening:  slim to none).  Zero interest in seeing any musician or band play in a stadium. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    I've done 2 Wrigley shows.  Hell yes I'd go again!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I don't think I get the same thrill from arenas that other people seem to.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:
     For a  theater or small venue tour I would be excited (chance of that happening:  slim to none).  Zero interest in seeing any musician or band play in a stadium. 
    Exactly how I feel.

Goddamn comfort zone :angry:
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    unless they actually take the stage at 630 and leave the drunks to themselves in the bars I have minimal interest in yet another version of Fenway..

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Not excited at all - Highly unlikely I attend.
    Please no more stadium shows...

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I would do a local stadium show in philly or nyc but I wouldn’t travel to one again.  Been there done that.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I hate stadium shows of any sort.
    That being said I might be willing to travel to a city I have never been to. But there are are very few cities in the U.S. that would host a PJ show, maybe none, that I haven't been to. So that severely limits my options.
    Hoping for arenas and/or sheds.
  • Indifferent (pun intended) - Might see me there.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed all 3 shows I've seen at Fenway but just too cost prohibitive to do again. Such a large commitment, and I'm fortunate to be relatively close by in New York. Yankee stadium or Citifield and I'm there. But no chance of traveling for another stadium show.
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Play shows. Anywhere. Just play shows.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Excited - I’m there, but been there, done that.
    I'd be excited if I thought it would happen. Are we just assuming this year is going to be a carbon-copy of 2018? Or is there reason to believe there will be U.S. shows?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I think its dependent on if there is a new album.
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    I’m finally in a position to see multiple shows depending on where the play. If it’s an extensive tour, I could probably make work travel arrangements coincide with a bunch of shows. While I will still go to a stadium show or maybe 2, I’d prefer doing more. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Prefer arenas but I'll see them wherever they play within a couple hours of Boston
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    My excitement level would definitely go up if the tour is in support of new music. I'd be willing to bet the band holds a similar position.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    I am expecting Stadium shows with a few smaller ones sprinkled in

i would still be excited and attend.  I definitely prefer arena shows but have accepted that arenas are the way of the future 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Just have them play Friday and Sunday night of Ohana and I'll be happy. (Saturday would still be EV solo) 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    RP112579 said:
    Play shows. Anywhere. Just play shows.
    This^
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    I'll see them anywhere if it's in the budget
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I wouldn't say no.  Any Pearl Jam is better than no Pearl Jam.  That being said, I'd much prefer an arena tour ala 2010 then 2 more shows at Fenway.  Which is crazy, because I used to dream about that before it became reality. Having seen it 4 times, I'm kinda over it.

In the end, as long as they are playing shows, I'll find my way to a couple of them.    
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    edited December 2019
    double....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Very excited to see them play, always!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Been there and done that many times. I love Chicago, but it's not cheap to visit. And Seattle is one of the most expensive places to visit. Or live, for that matter. A guy at the Nordstrom coffee shop was telling me last summer that their minimum wage is over $15/hr, which is about double of that here in the Midwest. I can't even imagine, as I worked for $4/hr back in high school. The locals that I talked to blame Amazon, and I just lost my train of thought. But anyway, I'll drive to Winnipeg or something so my passport doesn't go to waste, but done with Chicago and Seattle for a few years. There are other cities that I'd like to visit. I'd go to Iceland or Greenland if they played there though. Wow, that was a long rant, huh?
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 427
    Stadiums are just not good for music. I would rather spend money seeing other bands where I can actually hear and see properly.

Would plan a vacation around a PJ arena tour though. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    The shows are always fun, but if it’s the same cities at the same ballparks, it’s beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. I’m hoping the formula gets switched up and I’d love for some long overdue parts of the country to get some shows.