Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    God. It would be so great if the b side to both of the final singles was the band reading comments from the various threads on this topic. 
    Ramblings continued lol.  
    Ramblings: THE FINAL CHAPTER

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Single 2017 Side B: Hawaiian whistles (performed by : Boom Gaspar)

Single 2018 Side B: We don't owe you anything (full band - Additional performers: Taylor Momsen [maracas], Taylor Swift [claps])
  • mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    God. It would be so great if the b side to both of the final singles was the band reading comments from the various threads on this topic. 
    Ramblings continued lol.  

Only if it's Stone reading this with a straight face:
    ??really why now u pay 20 $ for fees noone bitching ??but if 10c put that fees u was ready to start a war???77 the ticket and the total for me was 96.5 as internation buyer...i guess its more easy to complain to 10c couse they care and they will try to help u..but ticketmaster dont know u and for sure they dont fuckin care..
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    mcgruff10 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Ramblings continued lol.  
    Ramblings: THE FINAL CHAPTER

Next year's Halloween shirt confirmed! 
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,762
    30 for 30
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    Single 2017 Side B: Hawaiian whistles (performed by : Boom Gaspar)

Single 2018 Side B: We don't owe you anything (full band - Additional performers: Taylor Momsen [maracas], Taylor Swift [claps])

biglaugh

Winner!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    this band is depressing
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    Could be a lot worse. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    So are most of its "fans" these days.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    That's because we're all old, and in midlife crisis depression stage.
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    Sad but true. We're a bunch of whiny old farts. Social media? Fuck this shit. Trap music? What's this shit? Ed at a corporate gig? Man, how times have changed. Excuse me, now I have to go yelling at a cloud and tell some naughty kids to get off my lawn.
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    you're welcome
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    This too shall pass. 

I tell mid lifers, "Enjoy your crisis.  It will pass and you will grow wiser."  Your 50's and maybe into your mid-60's will be great because at that age you will have gained more wisdom and knowledge and, with some luck, your body will still function well.  After that, it's patch, patch, patch, mornings when the motor runs might rough, and the always present aches and pains.  That is the time when you will need to truly kick it in whenever you can and lay low when you must. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    This too shall pass. 

I tell mid lifers, "Enjoy your crisis.  It will pass and you will grow wiser."  Your 50's and maybe into your mid-60's will be great because at that age you will have gained more wisdom and knowledge and, with some luck, your body will still function well.  After that, it's patch, patch, patch, mornings when the motor runs might rough, and the always present aches and pains.  That is the time when you will need to truly kick it in whenever you can and lay low when you must. 
    And we’ll likely still be waiting for 2 ten club singles...

Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    Enzed said:
    brianlux said:
    vaggar99 said:
    this band is depressing
    This too shall pass. 

And we’ll likely still be waiting for 2 ten club singles...

Nah, not 2... maybe just one.
    this has probably been said in way or another already, but I like repetition.  Most of the singles from the 10+ years have been pressings of existing recordings.  In other words, they really didn't have to put any real effort into to begin with.  And from what I understand, the band has an extensive vault of studio recordings.  This is just strange.  This a band that has always sort of been on the up and up with its fans.  
    vaggar99 said:
    this has probably been said in way or another already, but I like repetition.  Most of the singles from the 10+ years have been pressings of existing recordings.  In other words, they really didn't have to put any real effort into to begin with.  And from what I understand, the band has an extensive vault of studio recordings.  This is just strange.  This a band that has always sort of been on the up and up with its fans.  
    not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you saying you wish the singles would be akin to say the first couple that included let me sleep, sonic reducer, angel  or that the choices they make should be about going into tracks from earlier records that have not seen the light of day, which may not actually be that many songs at this point, other than a few that we know did not get pulled for lost dogs from No Code sessions, and several tracks for ST that have yet to "officially" be released.

because every pressing one way or another is an existing recording.

PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    not entirely sure what you mean here. Are you saying you wish the singles would be akin to say the first couple that included let me sleep, sonic reducer, angel  or that the choices they make should be about going into tracks from earlier records that have not seen the light of day, which may not actually be that many songs at this point, other than a few that we know did not get pulled for lost dogs from No Code sessions, and several tracks for ST that have yet to "officially" be released.

yes, in a literal sense.  let's see...
    2016: live recording of brand new song Alive and a cover from hall of fame ceremony.  
    2015: old cover from Ten sessions and Bob Marley cover
    2014: live John Lennon cover we've all heard Eddie sing many time and a leftover instrumental from the last album
    2013...I'm done this is way too depressing....

vaggar99 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:

2016: live recording of brand new song Alive and a cover from hall of fame ceremony.  
    2014: live John Lennon cover we've all heard Eddie sing many time and a leftover instrumental from the last album

2016 - both songs are soundchecks, one of classic R&B song and the other the band exploring their history with their original drummer, other than the fact that they released songs recorded in 2017 for the 2016 single, I can live with those.
    2015 - was very meh, the Free Cover harkens back to the mookie days, but neither was terribly exciting
    2014 - at the time of the release Imagine had been played a bit by Ed solo and then about a half dozen time during the October 2014 tour.  Pendulumorphis was not a leftover it was Jeffs blueprint for Pendulum, I'll take that as a b-side anyday.
    2013 - was pretty meh.
    2012 - i will always take rare track live cuts 
    2011 - same famous show

go back through the years, depending on your viewpoint as a collector and fan these releases will have varying degrees of value.

To me the single best release ever was 1999.  

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:

2016 - both songs are soundchecks, one of classic R&B song and the other the band exploring their history with their original drummer, other than the fact that they released songs recorded in 2017 for the 2016 single, I can live with those.
    2015 - was very meh, the Free Cover harkens back to the mookie days, but neither was terribly exciting
    2014 - at the time of the release Imagine had been played a bit by Ed solo and then about a half dozen time during the October 2014 tour.  Pendulumorphis was not a leftover it was Jeffs blueprint for Pendulum, I'll take that as a b-side anyday.
    2013 - was pretty meh.
    2011 - same famous show

go back through the years, depending on your viewpoint as a collector and fan these releases will have varying degrees of value.

NO. QUESTION. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited November 2019
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:
    PB11041 said:
    vaggar99 said:

2013 - was pretty meh.
    2011 - same famous show

That was a good one. It just seems like a waste to press vinyl if you are going to just pick some random live recording from the previous year.  And of all bands, I would have expected Pearl Jam to be the last one to engage in such lazy practice.
  • If Pendulumorphosis is a blueprint, it's more of a demo...but wasn't that the "on-stage" song for much of the 2013/2014 tours?

If the 1999 single was the best, 2000 was also very good.

Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    vaggar99 said:
    Yeah, I think your right, vaggar, there must be a ton of stuff in the vaults unless the band did a North West version of the Replacements' by throwing the tapes in the Puget Sound. 

But seriously, the material must be out there.  Maybe this whole thing is about 10C being disgruntled with us fans being disgruntled about no singles coming forth and its turned into a long-winded stalemate of sorts.  With no explanation forthcoming, it's all WAGS- wild-assed guesses.

• Just have one of the vinyls be 2 new Neil Young covers

And the other one be 2 KISS covers from the 80s

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Just have one of the vinyls be 2 new Neil Young covers

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY
    But kiss is terrible 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
    Just have one of the vinyls be 2 new Neil Young covers

EVERYONE WOULD BE HAPPY
    If they were going to do Kiss covers, they'd have to be from the 70's.
    Cold Gin and Shock Me would work.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    Studio Baba.  It's vaulted somewhere, end with a bang :)
    Zod said:
    Studio Baba.  It's vaulted somewhere, end with a bang :)
    totally on board with this. not a Who fan by any means, but any studio recording sounds great to me. And that alternate version of Leash too. Drop that fucker. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Find me a studio version of Open Road (song played at Phoenix 1995, there is likely something in that vault).

PB11041 said:
    Find me a studio version of Open Road (song played at Phoenix 1995, there is likely something in that vault).
    will have to google that one. never heard of it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This discussion has been closed.