Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Taylor Swift announces all US shows for next year 

2 stadium shows apiece in LA and Bos. That's it. Many more shows overseas.

Sounds alot like PJ2018. Is this how the big stars do it now??
    Taylor Swift is unreal live. Well the production of her shows are. And she is really good. A lot of good messages for the kids. Took my kid. Had a blast too. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    JimmyV said:
    kst said:
    I doubt we’ll hear anything about PJ/EV until Ohana is over.
    I'm hopeful because hoping is fun...but I don't think we will hear anything until 2019 is over. 

Didnt Dimi hint there would be news in Oct?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,877
    JimmyV said:
    kst said:
    I doubt we’ll hear anything about PJ/EV until Ohana is over.
    I'm hopeful because hoping is fun...but I don't think we will hear anything until 2019 is over. 

Didnt Dimi hint there would be news in Oct?
    He hinted that Europe might be decided in October, I believe. I didn't take that to necessarily mean anything would be announced. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    something spooky?  they are opening for the Misfits at the garden next month OR they are playing at the Apollo on Halloween.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,746
    Sure do seem to be a lot of baseball posts:

Okay, I'll bite. I really do believe this to be a clue to a 7/10/20 Wrigley show. I don't think this post is coincidental. 

Damn near a 25 year anniversary to the Soldier Field show.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    fans always go nuts trying to "decode" things the band posts. Serious question (not trying to be a jerk): have any of these supposed cryptic posts turned out to actually BE cryptic and mean something in the end?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

$20 per ticket premium for any seat within 4 from aisle 

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055

Okay, I'll bite. I really do believe this to be a clue to a 7/10/20 Wrigley show. I don't think this post is coincidental. 

The thing that's curious about the post: "A couple Chicago Cubs greats."

Ron Santo wore 10 but no one of significance has worn 7.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    fans always go nuts trying to "decode" things the band posts. Serious question (not trying to be a jerk): have any of these supposed cryptic posts turned out to actually BE cryptic and mean something in the end?
    I remember Global Citizen had a NY subway pic. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365

This is a new low.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Not sure, but when it's tumbleweeds from the band and our sources, it's fun to play along and hope.  Nobody should be booking vacations/flights/hotels off of it.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,710
    Talk about stadium tours, Green Day on sale for next summer $300-600 for field. Lower level $200 and best uppers start at $180. Lower in a stadium is not exactly close to the stage.

I know it includes Weezer and FOB, but I think they're naming this tour the Hella Mega Guts Tour?

I guess Green Day is as big as a draw as the top bands but am a bit surprised. Any non airline level seat is over $200 and the best seats double or triple that. I'd rather see them charge close to FMV but...wow.

Disgusting. Luckily I’ve seen every band that I want to see at some point in my life. I will never pay that much for a concert. If that means I’ll only see PJ and MMJ concerts going forward, then so be it. The only two bigger live draws that are still fairly priced. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

That's a good catch. 

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I mean I try not to read into this, but this says 7 10 Chicago...
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 751
    nicknyr15 said:

Disgusting. Luckily I’ve seen every band that I want to see at some point in my life. I will never pay that much for a concert. If that means I’ll only see PJ and MMJ concerts going forward, then so be it. The only two bigger live draws that are still fairly priced. 

$225 each for Tool in Toronto on a Monday night (at an arena with terrible sound). I was going to buy 4, but that is just too much commitment for me. 

I can't make it through a Green Day song on Sirius XM, so those prices are incredible. 
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    I myself am guilty of trying to read more into these messages, especially when we have heard nothing but crickets for over a year now. But more importantly, wasn't this picture taken in either the 2016 or 2018 shows? Was Wrigley already booked for 2020 back in either one of these dates knowing that they would be able to use the picture to tease us in the future?
  • Options
    Not often, but there were social media hints for Wrigley before it was announced the first time in 2013.

• Options
    If they are hinting at a Wrigley show, lining up the jerseys in order of the date does feel a little too overt. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Not sure, but when it's tumbleweeds from the band and our sources, it's fun to play along and hope.  Nobody should be booking vacations/flights/hotels off of it.
    oh for sure, I have nothing against people doing this, i was just curious if it has EVER meant something and people ended up being right or not. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    I would like to point out that the internet has made most artists music available for free.  Therefore to support themselves and all the people who work for them they are getting creative as touring is where the money is. Pay extra for an aisle seat reminds me of paying extra
    to choose aisle/window on a flight.  

You may not like it, but this is what the music industry has become/is becoming. 

And Pearl Jam tickets have increased quite a bit since the 2013 tour. 

I empathize with the bands and promoters in this instance. The bands want their money and the promoters must turn a profit. 
    I wouldn’t pay that to see Green Day, mostly because I’m really not a fan.  They are ok, but they aren’t NOFX. 
  • Options

So the GA Pit tickets for Fenway can only be purchased via a VIP package. $449.50 per ticket with a 48.00 dollar service fee and a 2.24 processing fee. $999.85 total for two tickets. I was lucky to catch the free Green Day show in Boston ( September 1994 )  

I mean I guess if people want to buy them but I take that is such a fuck you from Green Day to their fans. I know ticket prices are more now a day's with such lower record sales but are you kidding me with that price if you want to be in GA.

Side note I love Green Day but I just cannot fathom how a band can justify these prices. It was 495.00 total for both Fenway shows ( 2 Tickets each night )  that PJ did in 2018

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    pjl44 said:

That's a good catch. 
    Thanks. It may not mean anything, but the post doesn't make much sense if you take it at face value.
  • Options
    RS65573 said:
    I mean I try not to read into this, but this says 7 10 Chicago...
    hotel room booked. i hate wrigley for rock concerts
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Scroll to 2:35.  The jerseys are in the same order.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    I thought it was. 

• Options
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Interesting. Well now I'm just curious who the great #7 is.
  • Options
    Well...shit.

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    pjl44 said:
    **Debbie Downer Alert**
    The pic is from 8/22/16:
    Interesting. Well now I'm just curious who the great #7 is.
    Rick Monday... no?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Well...shit.
    All signs still point to a tour, including ballparks.  Just not banking on July 10 @ Wrigley because of the post.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    Not Debbie Downer at all. We still have a chance a Chicago arena show!  ;)