Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    So either the government's well and truly out of (our tax dollars) money to try and bribe us with, or they got wind (via media coverage, lol) the Conservatives were officially launching their campaign tomorrow and are working to steal the spotlight and (try to) control the narrative (my money goes on that theory, lol).

Now, if we can only convince Trudeau to show up at any debates that aren't run by left-leaning media or francophone media (yeah, right!).

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/federal-election-to-kick-off-on-wednesday-morning-canadians-go-to-the-polls-on-oct-21
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Taxpayers footed bill for $4.5M in trips by MP spouses, partners over last four years
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5876674/taxpayers-bill-4-5-million-mp-spouses-partners/?utm_source=GlobalEdmonton&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2IUgYwfh2lv8bw07qYnZfC4Q1_Octq2tSNQx0yFck8IWI9iAEJpt-J1Z8

I am not wasting my time casting a vote any of those 4 clowns running.  What shit show Canada has become the last 4 years...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    I'm sure looking forward to voting for Andrew Scheer.

An inspiration, a bright light, exciting!

Full of great ideas.

Image result for andrew scheer

Now this guy has PM written all over him.

;)
    Just watched the press availability with Trudeau, and for the first time in a while I have to give the media some credit (even the Red TorStar!), they tried to hammer him on SNC and Quebec’s religious symbols law. Perhaps SNC will actually be Trudeau’s Duffy cross to bear. Special kudos to the reporter who questioned how it might be seen (I do, admittedly) as tone-deaf to call an election in Canada on the anniversary of 9/11 (did/will our PM do anything to mark the day and commemorate the lives lost?).

Trudeau’s answers were, as I expected, just as arrogant and non-informative as others have said Harper was, lol.

Just watched the press availability with Trudeau, and for the first time in a while I have to give the media some credit (even the Red TorStar!), they tried to hammer him on SNC and Quebec’s religious symbols law. Perhaps SNC will actually be Trudeau’s Duffy cross to bear. Special kudos to the reporter who questioned how it might be seen (I do, admittedly) as tone-deaf to call an election in Canada on the anniversary of 9/11 (did/will our PM do anything to mark the day and commemorate the lives lost?).

Trudeau’s answers were, as I expected, just as arrogant and non-informative as others have said Harper was, lol.
    Did you hear/listen to the beginning of the presser?

First words out of his mouth were about September 11th.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I do think it odd to call an election on 9/11. but not a deal breaker. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

Did you hear/listen to the beginning of the presser?

First words out of his mouth were about September 11th.
    I’ll admit I did not (I was still asleep, lol), it was referenced during the questions though. And to be clear, I didn’t like that the Conservatives chose today to launch their campaign but they’re not the sitting government and ultimately it wouldn’t be a deal breaker as HFD said. There’s MUCH bigger issues to deal with during the campaign.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2019
    Of course Trudeau has spoken about 9/11 today, and commemorated on all social media platforms. He is always good with that kind of thing.

9/11 isn't any kind of holiday, and all kinds of official business happens on it, in the USA as well. I find nothing odd about an election being called or a campaign launched on this date.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Since the Globe & Mail wants you to pay to read the article, here's an alternative.  Pay special attention to the contrast between Trudeau and PMs Harper and Martin.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-deflects-blame-for-blocking-rcmp-probe-of-office

This article points out the troubling fact that the RCMP apparently aren't allowed to investigate politicians during an election campaign.  I get how that prevents the sitting government from siccing the authorities on their opponents, but if the RCMP is truly an independent body, they should be able to resist such pressure.  I'm not clear if a PM Scheer could lift the cabinet confidentiality on the previous government (it seems not from the wording of the article).

https://globalnews.ca/news/5887824/snc-lavalin-rcmp-inquiry-canada-election/

Trudeau is an idiot and that is not in dispute.  He was born with a silver spoon in the mouth and it shows the man has no common sense at all. The man has no clue about money. The man does not respect taxpayers dollars. But all politicians are piece of shit especially him.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    #trudeauinheritedsomuch
    Give Peas A Chance…
    didn't you just say last week or so that you were going to vote for him?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yup.  Now I’m saying I would not vote for any of those clowns.  It’s called changing ones mind.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Do you just follow me around looking for an instance where I changed my mind?  You are the one that cries about needing a break from this place.  I wonder why?  Maybe you should grow up a little.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    And why is PM fluff afraid to debate the other 3 leaders?  Why?  He is a true liberal in every sense of the word.  He is a coward and has no spine.  His Daddy taught him well.  That whole family are losers...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Do you just follow me around looking for an instance where I changed my mind?  You are the one that cries about needing a break from this place.  I wonder why?  Maybe you should grow up a little.
    hmmm, i think i mentioned needing a break from this place occasionally, some time ago, which is true. i'm not sure why you keep trotting out that same old trope anytime i challenge you on anything.  every single time you are challenged on anything you turn into a fucking 5 year old. 

i just found it surprising, first when you stated you'd vote for him, since the last two years you've been doing nothing but trashing him any chance you got, and then a very short time later you switched again. of course anyone can change their mind. i was just interested as to why the flip flop. 

i'll be honest. i usually have you on ignore. which is why i rarely interact with you anymore. occasionally i'll see a post here or there. occasionally you seem reasonable. the post above shows that is a rarity. 

seriously dude. go fuck yourself. between this and the 9/11 post. fuck you. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

A Canadian posting in the Canadian Politics thread? Oh my. Certainly one would think that he followed you here just to annoy you. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    hmmm, i think i mentioned needing a break from this place occasionally, some time ago, which is true. i'm not sure why you keep trotting out that same old trope anytime i challenge you on anything.  every single time you are challenged on anything you turn into a fucking 5 year old. 

i just found it surprising, first when you stated you'd vote for him, since the last two years you've been doing nothing but trashing him any chance you got, and then a very short time later you switched again. of course anyone can change their mind. i was just interested as to why the flip flop. 

i'll be honest. i usually have you on ignore. which is why i rarely interact with you anymore. occasionally i'll see a post here or there. occasionally you seem reasonable. the post above shows that is a rarity. 

Truth hurts.  I could care a less.  You like to troll me.  Are capable of reading a post and moving on.   911 was no excuse for 2 wars killing millions...and we were dumb to participate.   Other nato countries have suffered terror attacks... did they invoke article 5?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Please put me ignore.  Your anger is caused by you and your silly comment.  The only people voting for Trudeau are the families on child benefit welfare system...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I especially love the con job of helping first time home buyers buy homes by taking equity in their homes.  Only a fool would ever give up equity in a home to the government...

Give Peas A Chance…
    Please put me ignore.  Your anger is caused by you and your silly comment.  The only people voting for Trudeau are the families on child benefit welfare system...
    I especially love the con job of helping first time home buyers buy homes by taking equity in their homes.  Only a fool would ever give up equity in a home to the government...

Your ignorance is on full display here. Both in your shallow understanding behind how people vote and first time home buyers.

Not to mention the Sept 11th thread, where you make Canadians look like jerks. There is a time and a place.

A Canadian posting in the Canadian Politics thread? Oh my. Certainly one would think that he followed you here just to annoy you. 
    mind bogglingly stupid. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Truth hurts.  I could care a less.  You like to troll me.  Are capable of reading a post and moving on.   911 was no excuse for 2 wars killing millions...and we were dumb to participate.   Other nato countries have suffered terror attacks... did they invoke article 5?
    I don't troll you. you are obviously delusional.I rarely engage with you at all. most don't, and there's fucking good reason for that. I asked you a legitimate question out of curiosity, and, like I said, any time someone asks you to clarify a position you act like a child and get personal, or you tell people to read and move on like you are allowed to clarify and no one else is. Lemme splain something to you son: this is the internet, where there is a free exchange of ideas. you don't like the two way street? start a blog that no one will read. 

And I don't know what "truth" is "hurting" me. I just think you're easily the most angry and toxic person here. Which is why I had you on ignore, and I will continue to do so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

Your ignorance is on full display here. Both in your shallow understanding behind how people vote and first time home buyers.

Not to mention the Sept 11th thread, where you make Canadians look like jerks. There is a time and a place.
    I find it quite ironic that everyone says canadians are friendly. I have three people on ignore: all 3 are fellow canadians. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited September 2019

mind bogglingly stupid. 
    ?Que? 

Either i misunderstand you or you misunderstand me. 

Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

mind bogglingly stupid. 
    ?Que? 

Either i misunderstand you or you misunderstand me. 

agreeing with your post
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited September 2019
    Damn, I truly didn’t think Trudeau was this stupid. Breaking story that he went to an Arabian Nights-themed party in brownface...in 2001.

Gonna have to watch the news networks, apparently he’s going to address the press on this, should be pretty funny to watch.

And the picture that accompanies the cbc story is among his creepiest in my opinion (sorry, phone posting again and don’t know how to post links, lol).

Edit:  Switched to the laptop as he's taking questions (I'll give him credit for that much, I suppose).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-brownface-arabian-nights-1.5289165
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on

Seriously, wtf? I’m about his age, and knew well before 2001 this was not just wrong but fucking wrong.

Its all Harpers fault will be the theme of the presser.   
    Give Peas A Chance…