Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    A Trudeau supporter cowering behind a mask…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 559
     Well… that’s all for me folks. Old Meltdown here hasn’t changed. I am not upset… kind of hope this individual gets the help they need… maybe do some yoga… find that inner zen. ”

Don’t let people take away your voice. Everyone can voice their opinion. Often the vocal minority is the loudest. They can spew their hatred, nobody has to buy in.

Bitterness only consumes the vessel that contains it
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    2024: Vancouver I, Vancouver II
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,428
    A Trudeau supporter cowering behind a mask…
    What’s the problem? Someone hit a protestor with their car? Maybe the protestor shouldn’t have been in the street. It doesn’t look like they were in a crosswalk either. Perfectly legal in some places in the US (Oklahoma and Florida). Or is the problem the fact this happened to someone on your “side” of the protest?
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,496
    erebus said:
    “ Well… that’s all for me folks. Old Meltdown here hasn’t changed. I am not upset… kind of hope this individual gets the help they need… maybe do some yoga… find that inner zen. ”

Don’t let people take away your voice. Everyone can voice their opinion. Often the vocal minority is the loudest. They can spew their hatred, nobody has to buy in.

Bitterness only consumes the vessel that contains it
    I second this, though if they feel the need to step away from posting in this thread (or even in general), I get that too.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
  • Options
    You are all free to continue mandating and masking yourselves…no judgement. But I don care about yours fears…time to move on with life…the world is dropping mandates, since when did Canada have so many pussies?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,306
    Fucking degenerates are now protesting inside schools.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/673879476
  • Options
    Anyone who does this and supports this is a grade A asshole. The lowest of life forms.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    dignin said:
    Anyone who does this and supports this is a grade A asshole. The lowest of life forms.
    Agreed that protesting at (and especially inside) a school is wrong (except for student protests, obviously, lol). Shouldn’t mean one can’t agree with their point I hope.

Just curious though, when is the video from? Because unless it’s from the last week or so it’s not really part of the current protest (and yes, many of the same people are participating in both, I don’t doubt. It could therefore be relevant to Albertan protests but not Ontario or Manitoba). Sorry if I’m missing a date stamp on the video.

• Options
    dignin said:
    Agreed that protesting at (and especially inside) a school is wrong (except for student protests, obviously, lol). Shouldn’t mean one can’t agree with their point I hope.

Just curious though, when is the video from? Because unless it’s from the last week or so it’s not really part of the current protest (and yes, many of the same people are participating in both, I don’t doubt. It could therefore be relevant to Albertan protests but not Ontario or Manitoba). Sorry if I’m missing a date stamp on the video.
    I think this was from yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know protests were supposed to happen at schools yesterday.

This was sent to me from a friend of mine who is a teacher. This is from a school just outside my hometown.
  • Options
    Some of us did not have the option to run in 2020 …. We faced those dangers head on. I slept fine. No one in my department got sick. 800 or so employees coming and going … no mask. I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine maskless.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

I think this was from yesterday, but I'm not 100% sure. I do know protests were supposed to happen at schools yesterday.

This was sent to me from a friend of mine who is a teacher. This is from a school just outside my hometown.
    Fair enough then, thanks for the clarification. I don't blame you for being upset that it's happened locally.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    So a rally is planned in front of Toronto General Hospital, let’s see how quickly the police enforce the law about no protests at health care facilities.

My guess is nothing will be done because these are health care worker supporters.
    What is the wording of the law you’re talking about? In BC the legislation prohibits impeding access or harassing health care workers or patients. If the counter protestors aren’t doing these things then why would the police intervene? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Some of those Toronto cops are real fattys…vaxx mandate at TPS … but too fat to run is ok…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
    So a rally is planned in front of Toronto General Hospital, let’s see how quickly the police enforce the law about no protests at health care facilities.

My guess is nothing will be done because these are health care worker supporters.
    What is the wording of the law you’re talking about? In BC the legislation prohibits impeding access or harassing health care workers or patients. If the counter protestors aren’t doing these things then why would the police intervene? 
    I was referring to one of Trudeau's priority bills from December which (as far as I understood it) prevents any demonstrations in the vicinity of health care providers.  If it is as limited as you say, then I guess it was fine.  I see they called themselves a "street presence" so I guess that makes it ok as well, lol.  They also didn't linger too long which helped any awkwardness in the moment.

• Options
  • Options
    So it is legal to protest out front of a health care provider, just not block access.  It turns out all Trudeau did was waste everyone's time and attention by virtue-signally by double-criminalizing something that was already illegal. Why am I not surprised.

Trudeau's new law to protect health care workers will make no real difference | Canadian Lawyer (canadianlawyermag.com)

• Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    I will always support the right to protest, but without being disruptive.  Particularly in Alberta, where laws are in place (passed into law in 2020) to prevent highways, railways, borders, etc. from being blocked or otherwise impeded as a result of indigenous protests in the province.  This law was passed by the conservatives to ensure commerce would not be affected by protests and universally applauded by the same folks who are now involved in similar actions of civil unrest.  The protests by the BLM movement were also uniformly criticized by the regressive right for not being “law abiding” and causing civil unrest. 

The same folks and their (quite puzzling) demi-gods (Trump, Tucker Carlson, etc) are now in full support of these illegal protests.  My heart bleeds for the poor downtrodden and unfairly treated white people involved who have had such a hard life since confederation 155 years ago. 

The hypocrisy is astounding. 
    +1
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    A fraud like ALL Canadian politicians stood idly by why their government bullied them and continues that today…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Lol Even the people who program the sign want it to end.  What a fringe minority…
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Go to a trucker protest they’ll feed you