The National Football League

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Indy back to the dark ages
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    igotid88 said:
    Andrew Luck retires
    Holy shit
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    igotid88 said:
    Andrew Luck retires
    WOW!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If I still drank I would be draining a bottle of the good stuff right now.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Jason P said:
    If I still drank I would be draining a bottle of the good stuff right now.
    In sorrow or celebration?
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    The door for the Chiefs to make the Super Bowl just got a lot wider.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    MayDay10 said:
    Indy back to the dark ages
    They'll be fine. Justin Herbert or Trevor Lawrence will end up to them in the draft. 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I don't think the Colts were holding them back
    it will be themselves (suspensions, injuries, Andy Reid) and New England
    they should be the favourites in the AFC
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    erebus said:
    I don't think the Colts were holding them back
    it will be themselves (suspensions, injuries, Andy Reid) and New England
    they should be the favourites in the AFC
    They were building something really good around Luck.  I will always be haunted by the 38-10 comeback he pulled off in 2014.
    It will probably be sometime tomorrow until the severity of Luck retiring hits me.   Well, the road is wide open for the Houston Texans to secure a 37-10 wildcard loss.  Goddamn brady is going to get three more rings ...
    i hope a bird poops on ryan grigson
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Luck is new generation NFL.   Making the smart decision to put health above the game.   He has all the money he needs.

The NFL is dying.
    Colts fans were right to boo.  He got paid a lot of money to play quarterback.  Not as tough a guy as we thought.  Can’t recover from an ankle injury?  Shoulder hurts?  Pay the money back to the Colts.  Not shocking that you would end up being hurt for your life playing football.  He knew it going in.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    not much sports news can shock me but this was shocking.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Andrew luck is a hero. Play the game and walk away with $50 million and his head. God fucking bless that guy. 
    Well it's Jacoby of bust.  Colts have tons of cap space to trade for an overpaid QB but I don't see the GM doing that.  Offense is actually set up in a way that should benefit Jacoby's style.  Lord knows he has the arm to open up the deep ball on play action if they get the running game going.  Colts should still be decent.
    Andrew luck is a hero. Play the game and walk away with $50 million and his head. God fucking bless that guy. 
    Seems like theft to me (obviously not legally theft).   A hero if you are jealous of people getting rich.  Not a hero if you care about the Colts and football.  Favre wouldn't do this.  Manning wouldn't do this.  Nobody would have done this actually.   I get the why but he knew the risks and took the money.  Huge bait and switch.   He should pay some of it back (not gonna happen I know).
    Seems like theft to me (obviously not legally theft).   A hero if you are jealous of people getting rich.  Not a hero if you care about the Colts and football.  Favre wouldn't do this.  Manning wouldn't do this.  Nobody would have done this actually.   I get the why but he knew the risks and took the money.  Huge bait and switch.   He should pay some of it back (not gonna happen I know).
    No one should care about the colts and football  more than someone’s health, but alas, here we are. The NFL has destroyed so many lives, good for him 

Favre is an imbecile and junkie and a loser
    No NFL player owes any money back to the corrupt owners in this league.  They can absorb the hit.
    The best part is these turd nfl reporters are all butt hurt that dude is gladly walking away from their favorite sport in the world.

edited August 2019
    wouldn’t have an NFL if all the players were heroes like Luck.

Lineman that deal with more injuries and make 5% of the salary this guy got paid have to be shaking their heads.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited August 2019
    Well he gave an exact 2-weeks notice just like the by-the-book dork that he is. True to form. 

Hey, if his body isn't up for it anymore, he did the right thing. Years from now, I could see him as a scout or a coach or even a GM. Always seemed like a smart guy.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Well he gave an exact 2-weeks notice just like the by-the-book dork that he is. True to form. 

Hey, if his body isn't up for it anymore, he did the right thing. Years from now, I could see him as a scout or a coach or even a GM. Always seemed like a smart guy.
    He don’t owe anybody anything, just like any other employee.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Not quite as shocking as MJ or Barry but still a weird one. 

Calf strains are no joke, apparently. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The best part is these turd nfl reporters are all butt hurt that dude is gladly walking away from their favorite sport in the world.

Your takes on this ate spot on.
    Sorry for Colts fans, I am, but the guy only has to look out for himself.
    I will forever hate him as a player, respect him as a man.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Semi surprised by this..As a number one pick overall, will he be considered a bust?
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Also wonder if he will be back in a year..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Not quite as shocking as MJ or Barry but still a weird one. 

Calf strains are no joke, apparently. 
    Yes they are seriously no joke. I had a coworker had one at work In January and it wasnt until July that his right leg finally returned to it's normal size. Now grant you he never went to a doctor nor seeked any rehab for his calf. Why, well he said it didn't hurt him so he just kept working on it till the swelling subsided in July.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

ok, reality of Luck retiring is starting to set in ...