Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    The Eagles’ defensive line last night harkened back to those Vikings “Purple People Eaters” defenses from the 70’s. They were dominant…until they’d get to the Super Bowl at which point they would completely embarrass themselves.
    I feel like Reid just outfoxed them at every turn.  They got burned twice in cover zero on the same play, just different sides.  It was genius.  
    Absolutely. And those easy TD passes with those guys going in motion down by the goal line. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,960
    mrussel1 said:
    The Eagles’ defensive line last night harkened back to those Vikings “Purple People Eaters” defenses from the 70’s. They were dominant…until they’d get to the Super Bowl at which point they would completely embarrass themselves.
    I feel like Reid just outfoxed them at every turn.  They got burned twice in cover zero on the same play, just different sides.  It was genius.  
    yeah two wide open TD completions
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Hero of the Super Bowl?
    Tuco Salamanca.  

(Didn't Hank cap him?  Now he is back, distributing chips?!?)

How is everyone talking about Rianna being pregnant but not Tuco's return?
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Hero of the Super Bowl?
    Tuco Salamanca.  

;)
    Love Tuco but I missed what your reference.  What happened?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,421
    If we get to 3 more SB's with Jalen Hurts I don't think we'll end up 0-4. But it's a huge IF that we get back to one more. Crushing.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I got bored of the lip syncing and corporate music and did some cleaning up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    I read a chapter of a book.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,262
    Wobbie said:
    We drank beers and smoked cigars out on my deck while blasting Tom Petty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    Wobbie said:
    probably analyzed your bets, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    mrussel1 said:
    Hero of the Super Bowl?
    Tuco Salamanca.  

;)
    Love Tuco but I missed what your reference.  What happened?
    He was in a chips commercial.   Only a commercial, it was just funny to see my one of the most amusing TV characters of all time.  
  • Options
    I’m not saying the result would’ve been different but how lucky can one team be that late in the 4th quarter a team gets called for a penalty that ends up being the reason for the win? Previously against Cincinnati and now this holding call in the Super Bowl 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    I’m not saying the result would’ve been different but how lucky can one team be that late in the 4th quarter a team gets called for a penalty that ends up being the reason for the win? Previously against Cincinnati and now this holding call in the Super Bowl 
    Lucky yes.  But at the end of the day,  the#1 defense couldn't stop the Chiefs even one time in the second half.  That can't happen and win. 
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Rhianna was ok...I do think it's really stupid to go to all that effort for a stupid halftime show. I heard some discussion that the field was bad enough and then after halftime even worse due to all the bullshit they had to put on the field for Rhianna.

Edit: I thought it was hilarious that some of my old high school FB "friends" were bitching about her performance....that it was crude and too sexual. Bunch of old farts.

Post edited by Gern Blansten on

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    probably analyzed your bets, too.
    Luckily my biggest were the Eagles over and that there would be a 2 point conversion. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,144
    My buddy hit a progressive box last night for $2k

had to have Eagles go up 7-0 to initiate it, then $2k for every minute it was 7-0 lead… which was 3 minutes

$8k, not bad

me

didnt hit any… 😡

• Options
    Hit 7x7 at end of q1
    Thanks to missed FG

Had it in 2 pools.  $100 for one and $200 for the other

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,740
    Sucks that such a great game had to end on a weak penalty like that.  How many times does a play like that happen over the course of a game and not get called???  The field conditions were an embarrassment.  It's the super bowl and you have guys slipping and sliding all over the place and changing cleats in the middle of the game.  Crazy.
  • Options
    Sucks that such a great game had to end on a weak penalty like that.  How many times does a play like that happen over the course of a game and not get called???  The field conditions were an embarrassment.  It's the super bowl and you have guys slipping and sliding all over the place and changing cleats in the middle of the game.  Crazy.
    There's an excuse that the Eagles' pass rush was seriously impeded by that stupid field and it's a huge part of their defense, but of course both teams played on the same field. Either way, a total joke.

Players aren't going to come out and blame the refs on everything. First of all they don't want to get fined. They also probably don't want to be on these officials' bad sides. But that isn't going to stop me from calling them what they are. Atrocious at their jobs. Is there something there with the league trying to get more rings for their current #1 photogenic big star? (Mahomes chasing Brady - yada yada) Not sure if I'm there yet on that one.

• Options
    I don't think most people are saying it never happened. The problem is stuff like that happens on just about every play and the refs usually let it go. Here they decided to call it and it effectively ended the Super Bowl. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, it was holding but JuJu wasn't going to catch that ball and he barely held.  
    How many offensive line holding calls were made?
    I don't recall seeing one but I think the answer is not many.  They could call them every drive, for sure.
    If they were letting the play carry, you don't need to flag at end of game unless severe.

Didn't they call a bunch if penalties at end of game last year after not calling throughout?

Nobody likes the refs.  :lol:  
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The Eagles were finished.  That was the right call.  It wouldnt have mattered though.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    The Eagles were finished.  That was the right call.  It wouldnt have mattered though.  
    They just drove 75 yards to tie the game on their last drive. Would've only been down three with about a minute and a half left and one timeout remaining. They were not finished. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    They just drove 75 yards to tie the game on their last drive. Would've only been down three with about a minute and a half left and one timeout remaining. They were not finished. 
    That assumes that KC wouldn't have gone for it on 4th down though.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    Yeah, it was holding but JuJu wasn't going to catch that ball and he barely held.  
    I don't recall seeing one but I think the answer is not many.  They could call them every drive, for sure.
    If they were letting the play carry, you don't need to flag at end of game unless severe.

Didn't they call a bunch if penalties at end of game last year after not calling throughout?

Call seemed lame. Yes, he lightly held, but he was never catching that ball. Mahomes acted that out excellently to the refs. Let them play. The game is tied at that point. Mostly likely KC kicks a FG and Philly drives for the winning TD after that since there was about zero defense last night. The over rule on the catch by Philly earlier in the game seemed pretty shitty too. Play on the field should have stood.

And man, Travis Kelce is an annoying ass. Every time he opened his mounth after the game it was some dumb comment about how no one thought they'd win. Shut up dude.

Also, the owners trophy presentation is about the most cringe worthy thing to watch. That dude looked like he had some serious hair plugs going on.

Lastly, how about Bradshaw telling Reid to "waddle" on over to him at the podium :lol Ouch.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Call seemed lame. Yes, he lightly held, but he was never catching that ball. Mahomes acted that out excellently to the refs. Let them play. The game is tied at that point. Mostly likely KC kicks a FG and Philly drives for the winning TD after that since there was about zero defense last night. The over rule on the catch by Philly earlier in the game seemed pretty shitty too. Play on the field should have stood.

And man, Travis Kelce is an annoying ass. Every time he opened his mounth after the game it was some dumb comment about how no one thought they'd win. Shut up dude.

Also, the owners trophy presentation is about the most cringe worthy thing to watch. That dude looked like he had some serious hair plugs going on.

Lastly, how about Bradshaw telling Reid to "waddle" on over to him at the podium :lol Ouch.
    Yeah Kelce needs to STFU. He did that after the Bengals game as well

• Options
    tbergs said:

I didn't watch that part but Bradshaw doesn't have room to talk about waddling. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,144
    Kelce doesn’t bother me… he walks the walk, maybe that’s his way of getting up for the big games. Everyone has their process.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    That assumes that KC wouldn't have gone for it on 4th down though.
    True. But Andy Reid would likely have kicked it. He's not as aggressive as most other coaches today. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    every KC fan in my timeline was going on about how they were counted out all year. Delusion apparently spurred on by one of their stars.

Holding call was bogus. 
    False start was missed and then just assumed when KC pointed it out. 

With there being a hold on every play l, curious that KC was able to keep Philly off Mahomes the entire game without a penalty.