The National Football League

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    He had possession in the end zone and switched the ball to his other hand during the "surviving the ground" phase of the TD catch. He's got the ball secured with his right hand against his chest before his second foot lands in the end zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvfdbhQ5tk

He never establish a firm grip and control with both feet inbounds.

They got it wrong, and it's ok. The title is still legit, I promise. 
    I've got no dog in the fight and that looks like a catch to me
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Brady retiring.

@Ledbetterman10

Where's my money?! 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2023
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    Hey F’me - TB12 to SF rumors are gaining traction.
    Would be a mistake. I think he's cooked. 

Although Purdy being out until training camp really makes things interesting for them...
    I think Brady could win a Super Bowl with this Niners team next year. He had to lead the league in pass attempts this year because his offense was so inept. In the Niners offense, with all types of underneath options with McCaffrey and Deebo, I think he could be great.

And let's not overlook what he could do with Kittle.
    Brady on this Niners team would instantly become the Super Bowl favorite.
    nope

(plus they were almost Super Bowl favorites with Brock Purdy lol)
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Brady retiring.

@Ledbetterman10

Where's my money?! 
    He’s not gonna do it (go to the Niners) so the bet’s off. It’s like the time I was going to build levels in my apartment and then decided against it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    edited February 2023
    Brady retiring.

@Ledbetterman10

Where's my money?! 
    He’s not gonna do it (go to the Niners) so the bet’s off. It’s like the time I was going to build levels in my apartment and then decided against it. 
    Ha...yeah but him retiring was why I didn't think he would do it. You owe me $500

This would be the equivalent of somehow hitting the over on an opening kickoff. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    A bit surprised he didn't go for one more season with either Miami or SF.

We'll see if it sticks this time.
    Will be weird not having him in the league.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Brady retiring.

@Ledbetterman10

Where's my money?! 
    Ha...yeah but him retiring was why I didn't think he would do it. You owe me $500

This would be the equivalent of somehow hitting the over on an opening kickoff. 
    But it could be done. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • He had possession in the end zone and switched the ball to his other hand during the "surviving the ground" phase of the TD catch. He's got the ball secured with his right hand against his chest before his second foot lands in the end zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvfdbhQ5tk

He never establish a firm grip and control with both feet inbounds.

They got it wrong, and it's ok. The title is still legit, I promise. 
    I've got no dog in the fight and that looks like a catch to me
    IMO he didn't have control while in bounds as he was changing hands to *get* control while running out of bounds and there was still motion on the ball through that process. This isn't that controversial of a stance either... I recall the announcers not understanding why it wasn't overturned. Collinsworth was particularly shocked when it was upheld as were a lot of other talking heads & reporters. 

I also think had it been called incomplete, and challenged it still would not have been overturned as there needs to be "indisputable visual evidence" to overturn a call. It is what it is... I chock it up to a shitty call. It didn't decide the outcome of the game, I can't say that enough times. 

I also only brought this up as someone was complaining about the way that specific game was called against Philly which I found funny. I've beaten this horse long enough. 

Go Birds. 
  • Brady retired, again...
  • Give it a month?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Now he mentions Collinsworth. That guy can go !@$%#%!$%$!%$#%!$%^#$@#!$^&*^&$% himself. Most clueless ass-kissing pathetic excuse for an "analyst" I've ever heard.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    His last 2 loses were to teams he never lost to

1 of them he only played 1st half, but still counts

He’s not my favorite of all time but I don’t get the hatred towards him, or even Lebron

2 top dogs, stay out of trouble… decent role models 

what a life for him… he put in the work 
  • Now he mentions Collinsworth. That guy can go !@$%#%!$%$!%$#%!$%^#$@#!$^&*^&$% himself. Most clueless ass-kissing pathetic excuse for an "analyst" I've ever heard.
    I'm no fan of the guy myself, but he's seen more and knows more about football than you & me combined. 
    Now he mentions Collinsworth. That guy can go !@$%#%!$%$!%$#%!$%^#$@#!$^&*^&$% himself. Most clueless ass-kissing pathetic excuse for an "analyst" I've ever heard.
    I'm no fan of the guy myself, but he's seen more and knows more about football than you & me combined. 
    LOL the guy who couldn't figure out that Zach Ertz becomes a runner after possession and 3 steps. Here's your reward: 5 pjHawks.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Brady has always been rigid and not really likeable.  Add in the various cheating allegations and the longevity of the Patriots' dynasty and public fatigue of it.  
  • Now he mentions Collinsworth. That guy can go !@$%#%!$%$!%$#%!$%^#$@#!$^&*^&$% himself. Most clueless ass-kissing pathetic excuse for an "analyst" I've ever heard.
    LOL the guy who couldn't figure out that Zach Ertz becomes a runner after possession and 3 steps. Here's your reward: 5 pjHawks.
    Good luck next week. 

Go Birds. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    as a confirmed TB12 hater, I will try to give him a chance in the booth. can’t lie, tho…..I expect him to suck.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    as a confirmed TB12 hater, I will try to give him a chance in the booth. can’t lie, tho…..I expect him to suck.

I think it depends on how the network rolls him out, how much 'coaching' Brady gets and accepts, and how much Brady lets down his guard and has fun.  I could see it actually being great in a perfect storm.... but also can picture a huge failure too
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Wobbie said:
    That he won’t be good at

football… pretty solid 🤣
    Good luck next week. 

Go Birds. 
    You need to try to find a way to get over losing Super Bowl 52. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Good luck next week. 

Go Birds. 
    You need to try to find a way to get over losing Super Bowl 52. 
    lol
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Wobbie said:
    The booth has the potential to be the only place Troy Aikman will ever be better than Brady. But most likely Tom will outperform the Ache Man there as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    few months later...

Tom Brady has announced he signed with (fill in the blank)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    few months later...

Colts will probably name him head coach
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • few months later...

Exactly, I say give it a month.  he'll be like Brett Favre.
    few months later...

No chance. He's done...a year late, but done none the less. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • few months later...

You think?  He has been known to change his mind.
  • few months later...

I think he's done... this last year was such a mess for him, and probably hurt his legacy more than anything else. 

I think he could contend if he landed w/ a team like SF, but probably doesn't want to deal w/ all the other bullshit. 
    I gotta get my WIP on the radio thing going for next season - I can't deal with listening to that guy.

few months later...

I think he's done... this last year was such a mess for him, and probably hurt his legacy more than anything else. 

I think he could contend if he landed w/ a team like SF, but probably doesn't want to deal w/ all the other bullshit. 
    I think he knows well (and probably has crossed the tampering line) that the few warm-weather teams with turnkey offenses are not looking for him to be their QB... or at least commit to him like he feels he is currently worth.  

IMO he is done.