I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Preordered 
    Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - S/T - Reissue

Been waiting for this. Almost pulled the trigger on an OG copy of this last week. Glad I didn’t and saved myself a couple hundred dollars.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    My favorite album of 2019 so far

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

Score!

I have the 7" as well but it has a lot of surface noise.  Wish they would reissue this on 12" 45 RPM!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    brianlux said:

Score!

I have the 7" as well but it has a lot of surface noise.  Wish they would reissue this on 12" 45 RPM!
    That would be awesome 😎 
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Band of Horses - Why Are You Ok
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • brianlux said:

Score!

Mine had a lot of noise at the beginning of the tracks. 

And turns out Long Road skips in the frist verse. 

IM NEVER BUYING USED AGAIN
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    brianlux said:

Score!

That can be really difficult to achieve, since there are so many great records unavailable as new.  I'd suggest investing in a vacuum cleaner.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    brianlux said:

Score!

Buy a record cleaner on Amazon (for like $20-25?). Basically it's just the cleaner and a brush. It works wonders on both used and new vinyl! 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:

Score!

Buy a record cleaner on Amazon (for like $20-25?). Basically it's just the cleaner and a brush. It works wonders on both used and new vinyl! 
    I just bought this:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:

Score!

Yup. A record cleaner is a solid investment.

I just pre-ordered the new Sturgill Simpson album. Can’t wait to hear the whole thing!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    LukinFan said:
    brianlux said:

Score!

I just bought this:

A cloth cleaner is not going to deep clean.  At the very least you may want to upgrade to a Spin Clean or better. 

A few years ago I bought a used copy of Steve Miller Band's Brave New World. For whatever reason, I played a little of it before cleaning (I almost never do that!).  It sounded pretty rough.  So I ran it through my Spin Clean and put it back on.  Glorious sound!  And mrussel1 pointed out, leaving used LP's out of the mix means limiting what you get to hear on vinyl in  big way. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

A dirty record, is not a scratched record 

edited August 2019
    A dirty record, is not a scratched record 
    Why would anyone buy a scratched record and expect it to sound anything but... scratched?   And if it's just surface scratches, a good cleaning can usually make improvements on the sound.  What's hardest to avoid are records with inner groove wear due to mis-aligned cartridges.  I've had frustration over a few of those- thankfully not too many.
    Post edited by brianlux on

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    When my records skip I used to get mad. Now I just tap my player, which is nothing fancy, and hope the needle jumps over it.
     I did have a zep 3 I had to get rid of because it was so dirty. Still hunting for a cheap one of those. 
    Should invest in a cleaner. Most of my collection comes 2nd hand.
  • Is it the original recordings or Sharons rerecordings?
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Picked this up yesterday. 2nd press on 13th Floor

Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Awesome! I hope that means Ozzmosis will be getting reissued individually soon!! That album is close to the top of my "albums I need" list, but there's never been a reissue before, and the prices for the original are sky high.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Picked this up yesterday. 2nd press on 13th Floor

Excellent!  Great S.D. record!

Super thrilled to have this- 2017 Remastered reissue, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Echo.  Love it!

• DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    brianlux said:
    Super thrilled to have this- 2017 Remastered reissue, Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, Echo.  Love it!

While it's darn near impossible to choose, this might be my favorite Petty album. At least it's the most underrated one. I'm always telling people to check it out, and no one is ever disappointed that they did. It was the first of the Petty reissues I bought when they came out. Glad to find another person who loves it as much as I do.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    DC29940 said:
    brianlux said:

While it's darn near impossible to choose, this might be my favorite Petty album. At least it's the most underrated one. I'm always telling people to check it out, and no one is ever disappointed that they did. It was the first of the Petty reissues I bought when they came out. Glad to find another person who loves it as much as I do.
    Oh I love it too.. but it's so hard for anything to top Wildflowers in my book.  It's so raw, personal, sad, joyful, and throw in a couple of awesome rockers (Honeybee and You Wreck Me) and you have Americana perfection.  But Echo is just beautiful, and so is this pressing.  
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Bon Iver - i,i
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    derbydave said:

Bon Iver - i,i
    Just picked this up too. Beautiful packaging!!! 
    DC29940 said:
    brianlux said:

Well said, DC.  Years ago, I had heard some negative feedback regarding this record so never gave it much thought.  But I always liked the song "Swingin'" a lot and thought it would be great to hear that song on vinyl.  As it turns out, I'm loving the whole record.  It's like discovering a lost treasure.  Very cool that you dig it to, DC!

• I ordered a bunch of Oh Sees records.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"