Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1625626627628629631»

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,052
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Thats the first time that rage album has been on vinyl?  I dont ever recall seeing it.

been multiple reissues since the initial 2000 offering but mainly europe.

check discogs to see each.  but this is 2023 reissue so look for it.
    I looked for that and Steal this Album on vinyl and never saw them.  TY for that info.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,847
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Are you just starting on the White Stripes? 

on vinyl, have a couple already. My dude was into them . passed saturday.

so moral of the story NEVER go to a listening party with money to burn and after experiencing an emotional loss......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,661
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

so moral of the story NEVER go to a listening party with money to burn and after experiencing an emotional loss......
    Sorry you lost someone Mick. I also did last week,  a friend from the UK I only hung with twice but always tough when it's a surprise. 

Be sure to play some Allmans tonight too,  to celebrate Dicky's life. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Sorry you lost someone Mick. I also did last week,  a friend from the UK I only hung with twice but always tough when it's a surprise. 

Be sure to play some Allmans tonight too,  to celebrate Dicky's life. 

oooh , am pretty sure theres some hope filled tunes in that catalog to play at the celebration of life next sunday......

and thanks for both the condolences and the idea. condolences for your loss as well.

fortunately for both of us the new album drops tonight and in my 3 listens, its a keeper and a helper.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    black vinyl

• Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,821
    mickeyrat said:
    black vinyl

WHOA! Didn’t know Snot was on vinyl. I listened to that album on repeat for so many years I need to go find that
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Two more to add and listen to in my "Paisley Underground" collection.  Good stuff!

Green On Red – Gravity Talks

Label:Slash – 1-23964
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:1983
    Genre:Rock
    Style:Alternative Rock

The Long Ryders – State Of Our Union

Label:Island Records – 7 90459-1, Island Records – 90459-1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, SRC Pressing
    Released:1985
    Style:Rock & Roll, Country Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited April 20
    pjpitt89 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    black vinyl

WHOA! Didn’t know Snot was on vinyl. I listened to that album on repeat for so many years I need to go find that

MOV . My spot ordered on Sunday, had it Wednesday...its the only official title. discogs shows a boot thats live? or my dude tracked one. not sure of details on that one
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Two more to add and listen to in my "Paisley Underground" collection.  Good stuff!

Green On Red – Gravity Talks

Label:Slash – 1-23964
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album
    Released:1983
    Style:Alternative Rock

The Long Ryders – State Of Our Union

Label:Island Records – 7 90459-1, Island Records – 90459-1
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, SRC Pressing
    Released:1985
    Style:Rock & Roll, Country Rock

Quick question:  Do the album photos appear squashed to you or is it just my computer?  Seems to happen a lot when I copy and paste photos. Strange!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,834
    Not squashed
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    All photos look squashed for me on this site for the past few days. Was starting to wonder if it was just me, as I’d not seen anyone post about it.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908

RSD. I was in a bit of a rush. There were a few other ones I wanted. I will go back later. 
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458

'93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Not squashed
    Good!
    ST66483 said:
    All photos look squashed for me on this site for the past few days. Was starting to wonder if it was just me, as I’d not seen anyone post about it.
    It's mystery, isn't it?!

• Options

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,908
    I just walked back over to grab a few more things. So here is my full RSD haul. 

• Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

My RSD haul along with a few others I picked up over the last week. 

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:
    I just walked back over to grab a few more things. So here is my full RSD haul. 

'Mats!  Great set list, but waiting to hear/ read some reviews before stuffing my Replacement collection yet again.  Hope it's good!

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    mickeyrat said:

Nice - all those WS albums sound great. I've got a fairly complete White Stripes collection and it's a nice thing to have!
    I have been meaning to pick up Division Bell for AGES. How's the sound on it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited April 22
    PJ_Soul said:
    mickeyrat said:

Nice - all those WS albums sound great. I've got a fairly complete White Stripes collection and it's a nice thing to have!
    I have been meaning to pick up Division Bell for AGES. How's the sound on it?

not listened yet but its a pink floyd records reissue , so would assume as well as any of the other reissued titles, I have Animals , The Wall , Dark Side and WYWH from that run. quality to these ears.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited April 28
    FM and Romeo & Juliet - Ryan Adams

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Rightfully christened "One of the greatest debuts in the history of rock" by AllMusic, The Byrds Mr. Tambourine Man is one of those records that slipped from my hands sometime long ago in the last century and now this, an excellent 70s reissue, had been added back into the record shelves.  "Classic" almost seems like an understatement.

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,661
    edited 7:18PM
    brianlux said:
    Rightfully christened "One of the greatest debuts in the history of rock" by AllMusic, The Byrds Mr. Tambourine Man is one of those records that slipped from my hands sometime long ago in the last century and now this, an excellent 70s reissue, had been added back into the record shelves.  "Classic" almost seems like an understatement.

It's astounding how influential they were, for decades.  Obviously CSN(Y), Joni Mitchell all the way to my favorite, Tom Petty.  He loved covering the Byrds, and co-wrote McGuiin's "King of the Hill" around 1990 I think.  I loved that song for whatever reason.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 at