Options

Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Remember when the 97 single was free at indie record stores.   I had to drive 60 miles. My membership had lapsed
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    my_wave said:
    they did have the singles available in the mid/late 90's for free and you only had to pay shipping
    The 90's were a good time... I think I emailed them around 2007, and they were not for free.. still a cheap price, though
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Yes I let my membership accidently lapse quite a few years back and just had to pay shipping on the single. That was before things got quite a bit behind.
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    the 10club used to be a well oiled machine back in the day
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    my_wave said:
    Maybe they are a bit Rusty. 

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited August 2019
    my_wave said:
    Maybe they are a bit Rusty. 

I would use another word, but yeah...
    Let's just say the pearl isn't shining as it used to do, and the jam isn't so tasty anymore. Did I just write a lyric?

ps: the "pearl" part is more about the band, the "jam" is more about the club, really.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Options
    We are in severe danger of another thread with the same topic if we dont bump this to the front page.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    yes, we couldn't entertain the possibility that this forum would be without this important public service post.

Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
     Decaf anyone? Sanka?
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,826
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.
    Exactly.  Agreed.  
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,911
    Maybe when Dimi talked of ‘blowing our minds’, maybe he meant what they have planned or recorded for the annual singles?? Time will tell! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Dimi doesn't know shit.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,817
    I have serious doubts we'll ever see these. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I might just sell my incomplete set anyway.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046
    Do you have the first one?
  • Options
    JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General office. They sent my complaint to the Ten Club and the Ten Club manager, Tim Bierman, sent back a reply. Here it is:
    Thank you for forwarding along the complaint (#553030) for The Ten Club.

Mr. **** is correct in his complaint. Subscribing members are promised one (1) vinyl 7" per year. However there is not a "deliver by" date. These singles are dependent on the ability of the band to deliver music and art to complete production and distribution to the members. While the delay on these last two (2) singles has been significant, it doesn't fall outside of our offering to the subscribers. 

We are in the process of producing these items and they will be delivered in due time. But because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers. 

There is absolutely no reason to believe that these items won't be delivered.

I'd like to apologize to those subscribers who have expressed frustration in the delay. 

Thanks, Tim

I like this part the best, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide....."

• Options
    Do you have the first one?
    unfortunately not. I had a copy years ago, but I let it go. It's funny, with talk of new album and tour ramping up, wouldn'tcha know it, all of a sudden I don't want to get rid of anything PJ now. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:
    I filed a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General office. They sent my complaint to the Ten Club and the Ten Club manager, Tim Bierman, sent back a reply. Here it is:

Mr. **** is correct in his complaint. Subscribing members are promised one (1) vinyl 7" per year. However there is not a "deliver by" date. These singles are dependent on the ability of the band to deliver music and art to complete production and distribution to the members. While the delay on these last two (2) singles has been significant, it doesn't fall outside of our offering to the subscribers. 

We are in the process of producing these items and they will be delivered in due time. But because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide to the customers. 

I'd like to apologize to those subscribers who have expressed frustration in the delay. 

Thanks, Tim

I like this part the best, "because of the nature of creating vinyl records, there is not an exact date we can provide....."

no surprise here: However there is not a "deliver by" date.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,442
    I mainly want caffeine without the calories of soda and the carcinogens in Diet Coke.  Still drink 5-7 diet cokes a day though.  Gotta die of something.
     :o 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    I know they are good for it. I will get it when I get it. I rarely spin my singles, so I'm not dying because I don't have my last 2. Don't get me wrong, I still want them and will be excited when they come. But this isnt WalMart. Tim makes a good point in that email. Art is not always something you can just "produce". (I get it, we were promised, its way late). 

Take your time, make it cool, and get it to me when its done. 
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I mainly want caffeine without the calories of soda and the carcinogens in Diet Coke.  Still drink 5-7 diet cokes a day though.  Gotta die of something.
    he needs some zither strength. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JB16057 said:

Thanks, Tim

Oh, tell me more about this "nature of creating vinyl"... 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    he needs some zither strength. 
    I'm starting the gofund me for his eventual dialysis.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I know they are good for it. I will get it when I get it. I rarely spin my singles, so I'm not dying because I don't have my last 2. Don't get me wrong, I still want them and will be excited when they come. But this isnt WalMart. Tim makes a good point in that email. Art is not always something you can just "produce". (I get it, we were promised, its way late). 

no, art isn't something you can just produce. the problem is, these guys have a wack of stuff in the vault. demos, unreleased tracks, live tracks that aren't commercially available. they've been half assing the singles for most of the last several years anyway (Jeanne Tripplehorn, I'm looking at YOU), why are they so concerned about "getting it right" this time?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    JB16057 said:

Thanks, Tim

The saddest thing about this post, aside from the fact that this action was actually taken, is that it had to be taken this far to finally get an official statement that could have been posted on here at anytime which would have resolved and clarified the issue for everyone asking...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited September 2019
    Vedd Hedd said:

You are cutting them way to much slack here.

If you take money from people to produce and ship something out - than you have put it on yourself to produce that art. Once a year actually. Period.

Unless all of the bands parents, grandparents and pets died and their houses burnt down or got flooded during these X years that they have chosen to not deliver - this is all on them and taking the fanclubs members for granted.

How many celebrity house fires were reported in the Seattle Times during these years?

Not that I care - the singles arrives when they arrive. But lets look at this with sober eyes.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JB16057 said:

Thanks, Tim

This reads like a message from Axl Rose to Geffen concerning Chinese Democracy in like 2003.
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

You are cutting them way to much slack here.

If you take money from people to produce and ship something out - than you have put it on yourself to produce that art. Once a year actually. Period.

Unless all of the bands parents, grandparents and pets died and their houses burnt down or got flooded during these X years that they have chosen to not deliver - this is all on them and taking the fanclubs members for granted.

How many celebrity house fires were reported in the Seattle Times during these years?

Not that I care - the singles arrives when they arrive. But lets look at this with sober eyes.
    I'm not cutting them slack, Im just not making more out of it than I need to, for my sake.

I'll have it, it will get here. And it will take its rightful place in my collection, collecting some dust, and then dusted off many years from now as I sit and look out the window, reminiscing of these times with pensive contemplation.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
This discussion has been closed.