Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    on2legs said:
    I get the technicality of they promised something and didn’t deliver it.  And I get the frustration with the lack of communication.  But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over.  

Its like when a friend  at work asks me to grab them a cup of coffee while I’m out and when I bring it to them they realize they forgot their wallet.  I happily tell them not to worry about it.  Technically they owe me the money for the coffee but I’m happy letting it go.  
    Ridiculous 
    Not really. It’s a $10 a year value.  Not worth getting into a lather over.  Don’t sweat the small stuff and look at the big picture.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    ekwipt said:
    I’d love to see Missing from Home Shows night 2 end up on one of these singles.
    Gimme something unreleased. 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    I get the technicality of they promised something and didn’t deliver it.  And I get the frustration with the lack of communication.  But it doesn’t matter to me because the joy Pearl Jam has given me over the years makes up for the missing singles a million times over.  

Its like when a friend  at work asks me to grab them a cup of coffee while I’m out and when I bring it to them they realize they forgot their wallet.  I happily tell them not to worry about it.  Technically they owe me the money for the coffee but I’m happy letting it go.  
    Ridiculous 
    Not really. It’s a $10 a year value.  Not worth getting into a lather over.  Don’t sweat the small stuff and look at the big picture.  

I agree. That's what I was arguing before that it is pointless to fret over because we can't control if the band will ever send and so we either need to let go of the money that would barely cover a lunch or call the BBB. 

The analogy though would probably be closer to you giving your friend the money for the coffee and your friend never bringing the coffee after you've asked for it for two years, and then there was a history of the coffee being late in the five years leading up to this latest request as well.   

• disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    That coffee would get cold.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    A real coffee:

What people in the US call a "coffee":

*For educational purposes only.
  • rb173565rb173565 Posts: 101
    iv'e resisted the urge to wade in on this repetitive thread but here goes. a lot of you are saying that its only a few dollars which while true individually, multiply that by the amount of members who paid, say 20-30 thousand people. it adds up! alternatively others are saying they're in it for the tickets and don't care about the singles, ok, lets say pj announce a tour. you buy tickets, they then postpone the dates, dont refund your money and leave the tour in limbo.... how long before you don't complain
    A real coffee:

Haha.  Give me a cup versus a couple sips any day. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    A real coffee:

Haha.  Give me a cup versus a couple sips any day. 
    Quality > Quantity to me.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    A real coffee:

There is a time and place for both
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    rb173565 said:
    iv'e resisted the urge to wade in on this repetitive thread but here goes. a lot of you are saying that its only a few dollars which while true individually, multiply that by the amount of members who paid, say 20-30 thousand people. it adds up! alternatively others are saying they're in it for the tickets and don't care about the singles, ok, lets say pj announce a tour. you buy tickets, they then postpone the dates, dont refund your money and leave the tour in limbo.... how long before you don't complain
    1. I don't care about fighting for someone else's money
    2. I wouldn't waste a second of thought on the extraordinarily unlikely scenario you laid out unless I was faced with it
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Ridiculous 

I agree. That's what I was arguing before that it is pointless to fret over because we can't control if the band will ever send and so we either need to let go of the money that would barely cover a lunch or call the BBB. 

The analogy though would probably be closer to you giving your friend the money for the coffee and your friend never bringing the coffee after you've asked for it for two years, and then there was a history of the coffee being late in the five years leading up to this latest request as well.   

Yeah... you’re probably right.  But the friend also had a 25+ year record of being an amazing friend and providing many amazing memories over the years.  ;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

edited August 2019
    rb173565 said:
    I get your point but... I would complain about the tickets because I’m here for the music and the shows.  I’m not here for the fan club single. 

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited August 2019
    Its a ridiculous scenario. There’s a system in place for show refunds. If shows get postponed or delayed or cancelled, they have to refund the money. The situation is barely analogous. 

• People in here reaching like hell and bending backwards to find ways to excuse the behaviour and lack of communication.

Funny stuff.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    ekwipt said:
    I’d love to see Missing from Home Shows night 2 end up on one of these singles.

I really doubt they want to go through the approval process for that one lol
    No one is excusing the behavior.  It’s bad business and bad communication.  I’m just choosing to not get bent out of shape.  The missing single has zero effect on my daily life.     

People in here reaching like hell and bending backwards to find ways to excuse the behaviour and lack of communication.

Funny stuff.
    I tend to bend backwards for the people in my life who have treated me well.  =)

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    A real coffee:

That's a cute shot of coffee.  I'm not an espresso fan, kills my reflux.  Starbucks is freaking gross,  a 20 oz. from wawa or quikcheck is where it's at.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    on2legs said:
    No one is excusing the behavior.  It’s bad business and bad communication.  I’m just choosing to not get bent out of shape.  The missing single has zero effect on my daily life.     
    My daily life hasn’t been the same since these singles got delayed. 
  • on2legs said:
    People in here reaching like hell and bending backwards to find ways to excuse the behaviour and lack of communication.

Funny stuff.
    I tend to bend backwards for the people in my life who have treated me well.  =)

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Funny stuff.
    nah. Just trying to approach the situation with a level head.

• Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Middle ground here. Am I disappointed I haven’t received something I paid for?  Yes. I love PJ vinyl and the singles are part of the draw of analog membership. Is it a poor reflection on the 10c and the band?  Yes. 

Does not receiving these yet affect my daily life?  No. Does it make me less of a fan of PJ or the 10c?  No. Are there bigger problems in life?  Obviously. 

None of this means people shouldn’t point out bad business and express their disappointment. 

Logic and reason. Pass it on. 

mcgruff10 said:
    A real coffee:

That's a cute shot of coffee.  I'm not an espresso fan, kills my reflux.  Starbucks is freaking gross,  a 20 oz. from wawa or quikcheck is where it's at.  
    I love WaWa coffee. Especially the Colombian. Good call =)

• my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 335
    I'm beginning to accept the fact that the band has pretty much broken up for the most part but will never 'officially' break up because they'll still do a show here or there for the $ but it's very obvious they have zero Interest in making new music which is most likely why there has been no movement on the singles because they simply don't care anymore, I think we're all in denial and have been going through the various stages of mourning and loss, but I'm finally just accepting the reality of it all and realizing this is what the band is now, ballpark shows and merch for the $ when they need it or just want to play, but I don't think we'll be seeing the singles anytime soon or any new music from the band, for now on it's all about the $ and keeping the fans just interested enough to know they'll still pay for vault releases, merch and still go to shows when they do play... and that's just my opinion, maybe it's just my way of dealing with it all... for me personally it's been very hard and really depressing to be a fan of this band for the last couple years because I have so much love and passion for this band and they're such a huge part of my life, so accepting the reality of it all helps, but lately it seems like the end of a relationship when nothing's been said yet but you know that it's over, that's how it feels anyways... i hope I'm wrong... ok time to listen to indifference and have a beer... this sucks...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
    my_wave said:
    I'm beginning to accept the fact that the band has pretty much broken up for the most part but will never 'officially' break up because they'll still do a show here or there for the $ but it's very obvious they have zero Interest in making new music which is most likely why there has been no movement on the singles because they simply don't care anymore, I think we're all in denial and have been going through the various stages of mourning and loss, but I'm finally just accepting the reality of it all and realizing this is what the band is now, ballpark shows and merch for the $ when they need it or just want to play, but I don't think we'll be seeing the singles anytime soon or any new music from the band, for now on it's all about the $ and keeping the fans just interested enough to know they'll still pay for vault releases, merch and still go to shows when they do play... and that's just my opinion, maybe it's just my way of dealing with it all... for me personally it's been very hard and really depressing to be a fan of this band for the last couple years because I have so much love and passion for this band and they're such a huge part of my life, so accepting the reality of it all helps, but lately it seems like the end of a relationship when nothing's been said yet but you know that it's over, that's how it feels anyways... i hope I'm wrong... ok time to listen to indifference and have a beer... this sucks...

That's why I've been selling most of my PJ stuff and just keeping select items to remember shows or trips by.  If the band isn't that big a deal to the band, then why do I have all this stuff?  I'll still have 40 posters and lots of stickers and pins so not exactly quitting cold turkey. 
    edited August 2019
    my_wave said:
    A bit of this is over dramatic no? They haven't broken up (ish). They played shows last year. They took 1 year off. They put out a new song last year. sure its one in 5 years, but it's not like they aren't trying. I'm truly not trying to be their #1 defender, but the dramatic, end times, stuff with the band can stop.  just because there was no tour this year and the club didn't send emails doesn’t mean, let’s face the immediate end of the band.

but yes, they are winding down. the fandom could wind down too. And maybe this bickering is just the final stages of mourning. But the reasonable way to go about any of this, is to sit back, pass the time with other shit, and just watch the PJ world passively until its time to live actively. 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Ten Club is treating us like Trump treats the contractors at his resorts that he doesn’t pay, I said it. Let’s go Ten club, fulfill your obligation or refund each member their money. Ten club charged our credit cards quick enough when we ordered the last vault but can’t fulfill a record and magazine from 2 years ago. Send the vaults for free and credit our credit cards. Problem solved. 
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    my_wave said:

That's why I've been selling most of my PJ stuff and just keeping select items to remember shows or trips by.  If the band isn't that big a deal to the band, then why do I have all this stuff?  I'll still have 40 posters and lots of stickers and pins so not exactly quitting cold turkey. 
    If you need to give away any of those posters for a guy who loves free PJ posters. PM me. Just trying to help you ween off.  ;)
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mcgruff10 said:
    A real coffee:

Oh man i miss Wawa
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    America runs on Dunkin'.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.