PJ fans in 12 step Recovery

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,701
    I totally missed what happened but its so easy to get caught in an off day after everything went shit ,by some clown with nothing  better to do than sit all day mocking and chastising  honest  folk.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    I totally missed what happened but its so easy to get caught in an off day after everything went shit ,by some clown with nothing  better to do than sit all day mocking and chastising  honest  folk.
    doesnt help being a participant in the back and forth either.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I commend each and every one of you who are sober and those struggling to get sober.  My brother lost his battle to addiction at the young age of 49...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I commend each and every one of you who are sober and those struggling to get sober.  My brother lost his battle to addiction at the young age of 49...
    Thank you very much...there is a lot of support here. 

I also lost my brother when he was 40. Losing siblings hurts. I'm sorry for you and your family. 
    mickeyrat said:
    doesnt help being a participant in the back and forth either.....
    You know that anger isn't a good emotion to hold onto for an extended time. It messes us up. 

I didn't see exactly what the posts were but I do see an escalation in posts recently. Escalators usually run to the mods. Don't fall into that trap. Either stay out of the thread or scoot past any posts by adversaries, you know that they win when they get a reaction out of you. And if you answer or ask something pertinent, there will be no response. You don't want to let people live rent free in your head. 

If you were given a time out, I'd just take it easy for awhile and maybe use the ignore button. If you are looking to engage, then something is going on in RL that you are getting pleasure from the back and forth here and you should call your sponsor or go to a meeting and share. 

You don't have to take my advice, but I love that you started this thread for those of us in recovery, and I can see that you seem angry or provocative lately (and it don't take much to provoke in some threads).  I care more about your well being and sobriety than winning a stupid argument on this forum. And there is never a winner when some people just enjoy being contrary. It's not your problem, let go and get thee to a meeting. I don't want to see you disappeared. :frowning:  :hug: (cyber but take it anyway). 
    Let's not lose this thread too peoples. 
    njnancy said:

I also lost my brother when he was 40. Losing siblings hurts. I'm sorry for you and your family. 
    Thank you for your kind words.  So sorry to hear you lost a brother so young.  Did the loss change you?  My brother's loss, then my mothers passing 3 years later changed me...it's a struggle.  It cost me my marriage...as you said...in sickness and health till death do us part.  In reality with some people, they cannot deal with real life...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I hope I am allowed to be a visitor in this thread...so many amazing people in this thread...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    njnancy said:

Thank you for your kind words.  So sorry to hear you lost a brother so young.  Did the loss change you?  My brother's loss, then my mothers passing 3 years later changed me...it's a struggle.  It cost me my marriage...as you said...in sickness and health till death do us part.  In reality with some people, they cannot deal with real life...
    I lost my dad in his 60's and ten years later I lost my brother and seven years later I lost my sister.  And my ex brainwashed my son and 'stole' him for 5 years doing all kinds of evil crap. 

I've been through a lot and losing my sister and my son at the same time definitely changed me. He's home now, but I lost all of his teen years so I don't know how to parent him. He's different. And I have PTSD from my psychotic ex accusing me of child abuse/neglect through DYFS courts - that was 2 years of hell, my son went along with it. This was after I raised him alone till 15. It was child abuse to use him to screw with me. 

My ex-husband (I never married my son's father though we were together for 10 long years) left me when I didn't get sober after a year. He was my drinking buddy and it was a shitty divorce, my dad died a month before it was final. 

I got sober before it and have stayed sober throughout all this stuff. But the last 5 years or so have been difficult and the last year has been very difficult, not for sobriety, but for my mental health. 

Thanks. We all have a bag full of garbage, even when we think we're alone. Life is not fair, it is a roller coaster. I'm not carefree and spontaneous and trusting and funny anymore. I have a hard time leaving the house and have intense anxiety. I'll get through it, as will you. 
    I hope I am allowed to be a visitor in this thread...so many amazing people in this thread...
    cant really stop anyone anyway. but sure you are welcome. having seen from the outside how devastating a form of addiction can be, you'd qualify for alanon, which is a 12 step deal for family and friends of the addicted.

keep posting with the same respect you've already shown and we're good....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I visit here as a man who hopes to be happy one day.
     Last night i didnt drink  in a hope that i can be free and even  try and fix my broken brain and body. 
     Ive cry all the  time  and anger is a new emotion  that i really am not used to. 
    I always read this thread  with admiration and love
     I may never be free  or well. But i will always try even though  atm i lose 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I visit here as a man who hopes to be happy one day.
     Last night i didnt drink  in a hope that i can be free and even  try and fix my broken brain and body. 
     Ive cry all the  time  and anger is a new emotion  that i really am not used to. 
    I always read this thread  with admiration and love
     I may never be free  or well. But i will always try even though  atm i lose 
    The only requirement for membership is a DESIRE to stop drinking. You are always welcome and I will continue to believe in you.
    Ive just had some bad news  and i need emergency  colonoscopy.  So i no longer  can think of drinking.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  I may not be around here much. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Ive just had some bad news  and i need emergency  colonoscopy.  So i no longer  can think of drinking.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  I may not be around here much. 
    Sending you strength and healing vibes.  I hope everything goes well.  You will be in my thoughts.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Ive just had some bad news  and i need emergency  colonoscopy.  So i no longer  can think of drinking.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  I may not be around here much. 
    Thinking of you and wishing you the very best.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Sending you positive vibes. I hope this is the start of a healing process for you. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    The  dr said he has to check its not cancer. I am in turmoil and havent managed to eat for 2 days. I cant cope at all.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

The  dr said he has to check its not cancer. I am in turmoil and havent managed to eat for 2 days. I cant cope at all.
    check its not is better than confirm it is, isnt it?

Yes it is. And thats an attitude i need. Im a very pessimistic  guy . I have a chronic illness already so i have no room for anymore fear amd sorrow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Yes it is. And thats an attitude i need. Im a very pessimistic  guy . I have a chronic illness already so i have no room for anymore fear amd sorrow
    I'm glad it was caught before it was something worse. I know how pessimism can be, I can fall into it and do, but remember that we all have our own battles with illnesses so you are not alone and yes, you can cope. Believe in yourself, or believe in something or someone that makes you feel grounded. 

Sending healing energy for mind body and soul. Hang on, it's gonna be okay.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Celebrating 13 years clean and sober today.

"And if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done."
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited July 2019
    Congratulations, Hobbes!  :rose:
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
    Rock on hobbes.

Am currently in Canada on Eries north shore attending an AA  retreat/conference.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    edited July 2019
    Hobbes said:

Congratulations Hobbes.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    My full respect  to you. Well done  sir
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Congratulations on 13 years to my favorite tiger!!

And that is one of my favorite quotes also.  :hang_loose:
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Hobbes said:

Amazing , all the love in the world to you and everyone else. One Day , One Week , One Year , One Decade. You should be proud and celebrate every day.

I hope it is ok with everyone that I post on this tread , although not an addict nor having to ever go thru recovery but with my wife having gone thru it and standing by her every step of the day ( 5 years , 5 months , 24 days ) I just love to help cheer anyone on that goes thru it. I love sending her a text with how many days she has been sober. Every day is something everyone should be proud of.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Matts3221 said:
    Hobbes said:

Amazing , all the love in the world to you and everyone else. One Day , One Week , One Year , One Decade. You should be proud and celebrate every day.

I hope it is ok with everyone that I post on this tread , although not an addict nor having to ever go thru recovery but with my wife having gone thru it and standing by her every step of the day ( 5 years , 5 months , 24 days ) I just love to help cheer anyone on that goes thru it. I love sending her a text with how many days she has been sober. Every day is something everyone should be proud of.

Amen (and of course it's OK).

I didn't acknowledge my 14 months except within myself.

"I did this."

Funny how it's both celebratory and a self-accusation at the same time.

Had my husband not been my impetus to stop and supported me through ALL of this, I'd likely be a goner by now.
    Matts3221 said:
    Hobbes said:

by what mechanism did she find works for her?

• Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    mickeyrat said:
    Matts3221 said:
    Hobbes said:

by what mechanism did she find works for her?

While her vice was oxy's so I cannot translate that drinking.

She had decided that she wanted to quit ( I think this is a big piece ) , she also said she said she felt like I had saved her ( although I still tell her she gets all the credit for doing what she did )

I think the biggest thing other than NA meetings , consoling and therapy was that she has a big team behind her. When she first got clean between my family there were 8 of us taking shifts for the first six months , so if she woke up at 2am and felt like she needed to use she could call the person whom for lack of a better word was on shift that night.

Everyday everyone would send her texts or calls about how proud we were and to celebrate the day  at the same time letting her know even if she slipped she could be honest and we would keep supporting her.

I really thinking having a team or squad behind you is huge and I know that not everyone can have that , I don't know what her outcome would have been if she was alone or did not have a group of people whom she could share everything with and not have anyone judge her.

not sure if that answered the question or not but that was what worked for her.