Tool

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Was gonna pull the trigger this morning but didn't. No big deal. Just don't need more "stuff," especially for $40. Paid $130 to see them at that shithole Chicago Open Air Festival so I'll save my money here and spend it on tix, hopefully. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Was gonna pull the trigger this morning but didn't. No big deal. Just don't need more "stuff," especially for $40. Paid $130 to see them at that shithole Chicago Open Air Festival so I'll save my money here and spend it on tix, hopefully. 
    Still up on bullmoose
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    How a preorder can sell out is always amazing to me.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited August 2019
    Just hooked up my phone with a quad built in dac to the stereo and streamed the HiFi version from Tidal of the new track. Sounded awesome. Then I had to play Vicarious and Jambi next. Thunderous.
    tbergs said:
    How a preorder can sell out is always amazing to me.
    If they're touting it as limited edition, I guess each retailer has a quantity? Wouldn't surprise me at all if people bought like crazy.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Horse2345 said:
    This is a Dutch website that hasn’t taken down a preorder for the vinyl and states the entire catalogue on vinyl is coming...says release date for new vinyl is August 30.

https://www.hoeshop.nl/a-56948912/welkom/tool-fear-inoculum-lp-versie/#description
    Yea, i checked with my local store and they confirmed they have an order in for the vinyl.
    Nice
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    The last 3 minutes, oh the last 3 miinutes..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Took the day off yesterday from listening to the new song and listened to it again today. Love it even more. @23scidoo you are right those last 3 minutes are fire. And those 10 minutes just fly by. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJNB said:
    Took the day off yesterday from listening to the new song and listened to it again today. Love it even more. @23scidoo you are right those last 3 minutes are fire. And those 10 minutes just fly by. 
    I'm always amazed how a 10-15 minute Tool song never feels like 10-15 minutes.  And yet there are 3:15 songs by other artists where I'm like "is this ever gonna end?"
    PJNB said:
    I'm always amazed how a 10-15 minute Tool song never feels like 10-15 minutes.  And yet there are 3:15 songs by other artists where I'm like "is this ever gonna end?"
    Exactly. I think it's their ability to avoid repeated rhythms and vocals. The whole band evolves as the song goes on and even if there is a chorus, it changes a bit the longer the song goes on.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    tbergs said:
    PJNB said:
    Exactly. I think it's their ability to avoid repeated rhythms and vocals. The whole band evolves as the song goes on and even if there is a chorus, it changes a bit the longer the song goes on.
    Yes, they change notes slightly or do another octave.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    edited August 2019
    I'm in the underwhelmed group. Sounds rehashed and repackaged.

After listening I read the YouTube comments, and I remember why I avoid discussing Tool in front of Tool fans.....yikes.
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Still available over @ Amazon Canada. https://www.amazon.ca/Fear-Inoculum-TOOL/dp/B07VGTYTBF/
    $73 CDN after taxes & free shipping.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I was at my local music retailer today and they told me that they are waiting to hear if there will be a standard edition of the album available on CD.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    I was at my local music retailer today and they told me that they are waiting to hear if there will be a standard edition of the album available on CD.
    Interesting...I’m paying $140 here in Oz if  there isn’t 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    Interesting...I’m paying $140 here in Oz if  there isn’t 
    Never paying that much. I understand you get the speakers and screen. It is not necessary IMO. Just give me the fucking CD in a standard cover with liner notes.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m just so surprised at how many people still buy cds. I don’t own anything that plays cds. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited August 2019
    I love CDs. Maybe it's the lingering hype from when the industry shifted from LPs and cassettes, but they sound pretty damn good to me. 

They are convenient, most are relatively inexpensive and there is a tangible aspect that I find myself missing with other digital media.

Also, I ordered this from Barnes and Noble. Total cost with shipping was around $43.00. I haven't listened to the released tracks yet either. Plan on making the first listen an event with headphones in the dark. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    I’m just so surprised at how many people still buy cds. I don’t own anything that plays cds. 
    There’s only certain bands I still buy cds for. Tool and Pearl Jam being two. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
    I'm buying it for the packaging. Sounds like there will be a vinyl release - if there wasn't, I even would have bought a standard cd to have a physical copy.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    My CD purchasing has dwindled.  When I do buy a cd, I rip it to FLAC, put the CD on the shelf, and it never gets touched again.  The only time I really put on a CD is when there's something I want to listen too that I never bothered to rip into my music collection.   The only device I have left that can play cd's is an old ps3, which I refused to unpluged from the entertainment center "just in case".  In fact I kind of want to buy an Xbox One X as a media box since it can play everything.  CD's, blurays, dvd's, 4k blurays etc...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Zod said:
    My CD purchasing has dwindled.  When I do buy a cd, I rip it to FLAC, put the CD on the shelf, and it never gets touched again.  The only time I really put on a CD is when there's something I want to listen too that I never bothered to rip into my music collection.   The only device I have left that can play cd's is an old ps3, which I refused to unpluged from the entertainment center "just in case".  In fact I kind of want to buy an Xbox One X as a media box since it can play everything.  CD's, blurays, dvd's, 4k blurays etc...
    that's what happens to me. Buy it, burn it to itunes and rarely play it again.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Yea. I must admit I buy all the PJ albums on cd and vinyl just to have a physical copy but with Apple Music and all the stuff on my computer no need for space being taking up by cds. Sold all my blu rays and dvds to my record store to buy more vinyl. My father in law buys blu rays so he gives me all the download codes and I get movies that way. Sometimes technology is great. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Yeah I also hardly touch my CDs. I rip them to mp3 and they sit on the shelf. I just love it as it is tangible and you get the artwork.
    Having said that, CDs do take up a lot of space. I barely have enough room.
    I have 273 CDs in my collection. I use an Excel sheet to keep tabs on what I have.
    Zod said:
    that's what happens to me. Buy it, burn it to itunes and rarely play it again.
    Yah, cd's have amazing sound quality, but you can completely replicate it with digital files (especially if your using FLAC or whatever apples lossless format is).  I put 250gb microsd thumbdrive in the truck stereo, and it can hold almost 400 albums in full CD quality FLAC format.  It makes cd's a little cumbersome.

If I listed to something tangible it's at home and it's usually vinyl.  My only complaint with Vinyl is when they come with those little cards to download a digital copy, and then it's for an mp3 copy.  It ends up driving you to find a FLAC copy elsewhere :)  Vinyl for home, and FLAC for everywhere is what I want.   I have full respect for the bands/labels that include flac on the download card, but most of them are mp3 :(
    I steer away from FLAC as it takes up too much space on my phone.
    My phone has a microsd slot.  Was able to add 250gb no problem :)
    edited August 2019
    Zod said:
    My phone has a microsd slot.  Was able to add 250gb no problem :)
    Note 10+ will let you add up to 1TB!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    meh. the bass riff sounds like it was lifted from another tool track, which escapes me at the moment. this doesn't sound new. it sounds the same as the stuff from the last two records. you'd think after 13 years they'd have new tricks up their sleeves. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD