Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    pjl44 said:

chadaw76 said:
    EVERY seat I clicked on was "snatched up by a fan in front of you"...

..!..

F U TM

What a crock...
    I got that several times too on lower and club level. Finally just went for row 2 upper and got it. 
    Upper level in Barclays is pretty awful.  Never again.

Row 2 is ok. Anything above the 5th row is like advanced  skiing downhill. 

I got the "sorry that seat is gone" message alot. But kept at it and got lowers to Newark and AC.

Having the ticketmaster numbering system and phone verification seemed to keep tickets available longer.

I'd take this experience  over the 10C Blind Purchase Caste System any day of the week.

You should type up a treatise with all your complaints about 10C ticketing and put it in your signature. That way you won't have to keep writing it up in every post in every thread.
    I'm glad someone said it!   =)

I'd be happy to agree with you but my view of your comment is obstructed.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    edited September 2019
    I think both of these are going to be great seats but curious as to what people thought was the best out of the two for Tool. My main concern even though it is not much of an angle that I still have a chance of missing Maynard in the shadows in Loge 12 or miss some of the light show some how. Thanks for the tip on the 3D map btw. 

• Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    I think pic #1 may be the better view. Just my opinion...
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    If anyone has one for AC I’m looking. Thanks 
  • Options
    From this summer at Chicago Open Air...so fucking good!! Can't wait for the new tour!!

Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The more I read/hear the lyrics, the more I like it.  Introspectively well-put, as usual.

Caligula would grin, indeed.
  • Options
    From this summer at Chicago Open Air...so fucking good!! Can't wait for the new tour!!

Their visual show is unmatched. So spellbinding. So good!!!
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    The more I read/hear the lyrics, the more I like it.  Introspectively well-put, as usual.

As great as the line is, the delivery makes it even better. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    My last Tool show 2012 Izod Center in New Jersey

few rows from the stage... it was great
  • Options
    Nice Pics! I need to find the ones I had a the Gorge from 2017. 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    Opened my email this morning and saw a seating chart from TM with all of the Verified Resale tickets for the Detroit show. 

It's a pretty sickening display of greed. These seats that "another fan" beat a lot of people to are now for sale again for up to $2,300.00 each.

This needs to stop. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Just noticed all the v-resale tickets for the Milwaukee show. Its bullshit. Didnt notice the same for Chicago though. Do they only do v-resale for certain shows? I got my 1 ticket in a very good spot for sound & sight and I'm good with that.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    CROJAM95 said:
    My last Tool show 2012 Izod Center in New Jersey

few rows from the stage... it was great
    Was this the show where they brought out that DJ in the middle of sober to completely ruin the night? Lol. If it was, that was my last tool show too 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    ^ might of been, honestly don’t remember. Recall it was a freezing ass Feb night, had some special shiitakes that night ;)

originally had crappy tix, called Ticketmaster few days before the show to see if any better seats were available and the lady voided my original purchase and gave me side stage tix... I was shocked, usually they try to tak on fees

saw your looking for tix, good luck! I choose Prudential, I’m going to Cali for Ohana won’t have any more vaca days to bang out of work after Barclays show. I’m not 21 anymore, rather drive 30minutes more and get a day off after the show to watch football and drink beer rather than go to work and be miserable all day
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    CROJAM95 said:
    ^ might of been, honestly don’t remember. Recall it was a freezing ass Feb night, had some special shiitakes that night ;)

originally had crappy tix, called Ticketmaster few days before the show to see if any better seats were available and the lady voided my original purchase and gave me side stage tix... I was shocked, usually they try to tak on fees

saw your looking for tix, good luck! I choose Prudential, I’m going to Cali for Ohana won’t have any more vaca days to bang out of work after Barclays show. I’m not 21 anymore, rather drive 30minutes more and get a day off after the show to watch football and drink beer rather than go to work and be miserable all day
    Nice man thank you! I actually looked up the set list and it was that show. What a waste of 10 minutes. I remember my section booing.
    Enjoy your trip to Cali. 🤙🏼
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,250
    Fear Inoculum is a delightful treat for my ears - absolutely loving it and picking up new stuff on each listen like all good records. Pneuma, Descending and Culling Voices are my current favourites. Absolutely stellar return after 13 years. 
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    I got nosebleeds for $60 (plus TM cut ...) so I can't complain.  Been since 2006 since I've seen them and I shall be better prepared this time around!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,230
    Culling Voices is great. I love the lyrics. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    hedonist said:

What does a Roman figure have to do with the album? Did I miss something in the songs?
    I really need to spend some time trying to interpret these lyrics. I am clueless at the moment.
    Can we all start discussing song interpretations here?

Is 7empest about a politician deceiving all of us?
    Is Pnuema a spiritual song about us all being ONE? (kind of obvious).
    What is Fear Inoculum? 
    What is the psychopathy Maynard is singing about in Culling Voices?
    What is it that is Descending?
    Who is the warrior that is struggling to be consequential and that is proud in Invincible?

Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    dudeman said:
    Opened my email this morning and saw a seating chart from TM with all of the Verified Resale tickets for the Detroit show. 

It's a pretty sickening display of greed. These seats that "another fan" beat a lot of people to are now for sale again for up to $2,300.00 each.

This needs to stop. 
    Agreed.. It's a shame. I checked back in later in the day to find seats next to mine were at 600.00.
  • Options
    So, I sent Ticketmaster an email to voice my opinion on the Verified Resale system they have in place. 

Also, I will not be purchasing any tickets through them until their policies and fee structures change. 

This will probably fall on their deaf ears but it is the only thing I can do as a consumer. I can no longer contribute to their business model that places artist and customer needs last.

Those who were able to get tickets, enjoy the show!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:

What does a Roman figure have to do with the album? Did I miss something in the songs?
    I really need to spend some time trying to interpret these lyrics. I am clueless at the moment.

Is 7empest about a politician deceiving all of us?
    Is Pnuema a spiritual song about us all being ONE? (kind of obvious).
    What is Fear Inoculum? 
    What is the psychopathy Maynard is singing about in Culling Voices?
    What is it that is Descending?
    Who is the warrior that is struggling to be consequential and that is proud in Invincible?

Could be us - most of us?

I feel ties in this theme to those of Right in Two and Vicarious, among others.

Yup, I've still got much to further think about with this album, lyrically.  That's just part of the beauty of Tool.
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    dudeman said:
    So, I sent Ticketmaster an email to voice my opinion on the Verified Resale system they have in place. 

Also, I will not be purchasing any tickets through them until their policies and fee structures change. 

This will probably fall on their deaf ears but it is the only thing I can do as a consumer. I can no longer contribute to their business model that places artist and customer needs last.

Ya Know, I felt kinda dumb after I bought my 2 tickets..knowing full well what would happen. I should have bought 4 so I could get the extras into the hands of fans like you at cost. I'm sure there are others who would do the same. With all of the media available I don't think it would be to hard to find a home for extra tix at face value. Maybe true fans can make a difference.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    dudeman said:

What do you think the alternative is?

It starts with regions that are refusing to ban scalping - these behaviours permit the resale market to exist legally. At that point, Ticketmaster can take a portion of the scalping market by providing a secure transfer service (aka they take a portion of the final resale price and have people list on Ticketmaster), or they can do nothing and let the resale market exist outside of the Ticketmaster ecosystem. If you take Ticketmaster Verified Resale out of the picture, things just get marginally worse (by being less secure for buyers), but nothing else really changes. If they had no scalping ecosystem competitors, I'd say it'd be pretty ballsy, but with the current landscape I think it's fair.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Bigrfish said:
    dudeman said:

Ya Know, I felt kinda dumb after I bought my 2 tickets..knowing full well what would happen. I should have bought 4 so I could get the extras into the hands of fans like you at cost. I'm sure there are others who would do the same. With all of the media available I don't think it would be to hard to find a home for extra tix at face value. Maybe true fans can make a difference.
    We are going to OLP,Bush,Live in Moncton Tuesday night. We got floor seats but I also bought immediate wing seats front row for family members. Yesterday after I transferred my tickets to them I got an email telling me due to production reasons my seats were not my seats anymore and that my new seats were 2 sections over and 5 rows back from where my original seats where. I asked them why this is possible they can do this and give me such shitty seats in comparison and the response I got back was there is nothing they could do but they were nice enough to offer up a refund.

It is funny too cause a month ago they did their platinum seats bullshit drop that happened months after the first public sale. We were front row and paid way too much for our tickets and got the best that we could at the time. Dead centre was not available when we got our tickets so we picked seats that where near Stones side. Anyways long story short they dropped their platinum tickets that were dead centre and they sat there for days. I emailed them asking if we could trade since the seats where now cheaper since no one was buying them and the price drops until someone bites. They said they can not do trades for seats like that. I did not put up a fuss but looking at it now its bullshit they get to move my family to shittier seats but when we want to better ourselves fuck no not a chance. 

So now they cancelled my tickets and gave me new tickets and I now have to explain to my sister in law that she has to delete those great seats I got her and she has to take ones that are beyond the red line. Fucking great. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    dudeman said:

What do you think the alternative is?

It starts with regions that are refusing to ban scalping - these behaviours permit the resale market to exist legally. At that point, Ticketmaster can take a portion of the scalping market by providing a secure transfer service (aka they take a portion of the final resale price and have people list on Ticketmaster), or they can do nothing and let the resale market exist outside of the Ticketmaster ecosystem. If you take Ticketmaster Verified Resale out of the picture, things just get marginally worse (by being less secure for buyers), but nothing else really changes. If they had no scalping ecosystem competitors, I'd say it'd be pretty ballsy, but with the current landscape I think it's fair.
    The alternative for me is to not deal with Ticketmaster. I will miss a lot of shows but that's OK with me. 
  • Options
    #1 album on Billboards and ARIA
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    hedonist said:

Invincible is one of the easier songs to follow I think. Our aging warrior, "once invincible," now finds himself struggling upon rejoining "the fray," which signals his slide into irrelevance. The line about Caligula illustrates the proud, remorseless cruelty of the warrior's past conquests.

Rather than accept his inevitable decline even as it races towards him ("Feeling time bearing down"), the warrior defiantly sets off in search of the Fountain of Youth ("Chasing Ponce de Leon's phantoms / So filled with hope / I can taste mythical fountains"). He doesn't find it, of course, but is compelled to make the attempt out of pride ("False hope perhaps / But the truth never got in my way"). One part that might be up to interpretation is the ending: I feel the climactic music signals the warrior dying while on his fool's quest.

That's the text, anyway. There's plenty to dig into metaphorically there--whether it refers to the band, or us, or maybe even Western civilization, I haven't decided yet.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Interesting interpretation.
  • Options