Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

Comments

• THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,651
    Ten club , we give you 24 hours to respond before Judge Judy becomes your worst nitemare. Whose with me?
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Just dont think 10c/ management care. Its not just $20 if you live outside the US. I carried on my subscription even when I was out of work... for what? Cant even use the excuse of not having music to put on these records, we know its not true because they already told us what was going to be on one. Feels like we have been ripped off. As a group we should stand up to this, get something into the press and shame management into doing something about it.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I do think 10c cares, however I think the band has a lot of creative control on this and perhaps it is not as pressing to them right now.  10c is known for doing things the right way.  They'll happen eventually.  Don't fret. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited July 2019
    Ten club , we give you 24 hours to respond before Judge Judy becomes your worst nitemare. Whose with me?
    Judge Judy efter she's seen the Tenclub/Pearl Jam members team Slack:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited July 2019
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.
    Keep bugging them for the BS. Like this thread helps out with.

Because, in this case I do think you have to be allowed to call it BS.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.
    If not, then oh well? I have accepted waiting, but I hope no one else feels that way

We've asked about them for years.  So unless someone wants to sue if they don't arrive, then keep asking feels like beating a dead horse.  I guess there hasn't really been anything meaningful in the singles for a while so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

It'd be like winning a meet and greet with Vedder but he postpones every chance he gets.  Are you really going to want to go meet Vedder when he clearly does not have any interest in the meet and greet.  You might go but it will be super awkward because you know he is being forced to talk to you.  Well, they clearly do not have an interest in doing the annual single.  So, I'm not too interested in something they feel forced to do.   I have about zero interest in their next album.  If it comes, great.  If not, oh well.  It is all about the tours for me.

Sorry, but you're being absolutely senseless. I don't even know what you're talking about? If you offered something for money (even if it was a little money) you HAVE to fulfill your obligations, either with what was originally promised, or with a refund. Same with a "meet and greet". If Ed would do one and then re-think about it, fine. Refund the money (because I doubt it would be for free), say you're sorry, and all is good. But maybe rich people can now do anything they want without consequences. Cool to know. It sure don't work like that for regular folks.
    It is senseless for me to be concerned about $20 I spent two years ago.  If I don’t get the single then I’m out $20?  Big deal.  I’m not in the 10c for the single anyway.   Are we owed the singles?  Yes.  I won’t disagree.  I just think we aren’t going to get refunds, and we’ve asked about them for 2 years and have not received them, so at some point you need to move on.  I spent $12 at lunch today.  

So if they send the singles then great.  If they don’t, they got my lunch money for a day.  My point was that I don’t want something that is forced.  It won’t be worth the $20 anyway.  
    Would it have been cool for you if they said: "Come back in two-three years, and then MAYBE you'll get your $12 meal"? I don't think so, so why are you letting pass this bad behaviour for Pearl Jam (rich people), but not for the folks at your local restaurant (I'd bet not as much rich people)? I don't get it.
    I also don't really get this: "My point was that I don’t want something that is forced.  It won’t be worth the $20 anyway." I mean, if we were talking about sex, or sex for money for that matter, I would totally agree. Yeah, forced sex is NEVER good, don't matter whatever you paid for it. Are you aware that it's a completely different subject? That under your reasoning, every seller in this world could potentially have the right to say "What? You want the stuff you paid for? You can't force me to do it!" That is what you are saying, or at least you're implying that this particular behaviour is forgivable if done by Pearl Jam.
    And one last thing: I basically never think about the two singles and two Deep they owe us. Life is too short to be bothered by such inferior issues. That doesn't mean I forgot about it. I never even talk or complain about it on here, not anymore. Except when I read posts like yours, that blatantly try to defend the undefendable.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i got some bubble hash that is almost black in color but the bubble hash in seattle is green
    what's up with that?
    and YES it's worth every penny!!
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    i got some bubble hash that is almost black in color but the bubble hash in seattle is green
    what's up with that?
    Send some this way, please
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I feel that the communication and execution has been pretty poor as far as the missing singles go.  But I put all of that on the 5 members of Pearl Jam and not on the employees of the ten club.  

But in  the grand scheme of life I could care less if they deliver the singles or not.  My membership is solely about the tickets and I’m pretty pleased with the service I’ve received over the years as far as those go.  Thank you, Ten Club!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited July 2019
    ^^
    "couldnt" care less.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I said it once, I'll say it again. Treat the two missing singles like a double 7' like the 1995 one. On one you can put two Avocado outtakes on it (Cold Confessions / Let It Ride), and on the other you can put two Binaural outtakes on it (Anything In Between / Paralyzed).

Throw some alternative artwork together that pays homage to the original album artwork and bam. Problem solved.
    edited July 2019
    MayDay10 said:
    ^^
    "couldnt" care less.  

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    what's up with that?
    It’s the emerald city. And I want some too
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    edited July 2019
    I like the singles for the collection part of it. Never play 7 inch singles at my house. Whole album or nothing. We should all know by now that communication is not a strong point for this band/fan club. To me 20 bucks is 20 bucks. Doesn’t matter what I spend on weed, lunch or anything else. As I sit here in the 105 degree heat for work that’s income I didn’t feel like throwing away. 

And to the people who said it’s for the tickets, there are no consistent shows for a long time. Once again, no communication from anyone involved. 

Ill end it with this. All of those who don’t care about the 20 bucks a year please pm me and I’ll send you my address so you can send me some of that disposable income. I’ll take anything I can get. Thank you
    I like the singles for the collection part of it. Never play 7 inch singles at my house. Whole album or nothing. We should all know by now that communication is not a strong point for this band/fan club. To me 20 bucks is 20 bucks. Doesn’t matter what I spend on weed, lunch or anything else. As I sit here in the 105 degree heat for work that’s income I didn’t feel like throwing away. 

And to the people who said it’s for the tickets, there are no consistent shows for a long time. Once again, no communication from anyone involved. 

Ill end it with this. All of those who don’t care about the 20 bucks a year please pm me and I’ll send you my address so you can send me some of that disposable income. I’ll take anything I can get. Thank you
    Put on some kick ass concerts and hook me up with some of the best seats in the house for the next 20+ years and I’ll gladly send you $20.  It would be money well spent.  

How many analog members do 10c have? x $20 per head x 2 years. Even deducting the cost of the t shirts are we are looking at over $1m
    on2legs said:

Put on some kick ass concerts and hook me up with some of the best seats in the house for the next 20+ years and I’ll gladly send you $20.  It would be money well spent.  
    Just put on some concerts. That would be a great start. Best seats in the house. Please. Nothing and more nothing. Money blown. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited July 2019
    on2legs said:

There are two tiers of membership, both of which you can get kick ass tickets for and one that previously had the added incentive of a physical single each year. I downgraded to digital this year because the single was something I paid to receive with Analog. No need to be an apologist for this band just because they delivered on half of the agreed upon goods. And again, this isn't something that bothers me on a daily basis or even monthly, but every time it comes up, I think it is pretty shitty and will openly say so until it is resolved. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited July 2019

I bet I've had 90 10c tickets over the years.  If there was tiered pricing in play, I probably would have had to of paid another $50-$75 a ticket.  So,  paying the 10C $500 over the last 19 years to get access to tickets that would normally get a premium of $4,500 to $6,750 has been worth it to me.   

tbergs said:
    on2legs said:

There are two tiers of membership, both of which you can get kick ass tickets for and one that previously had the added incentive of a physical single each year. I downgraded to digital this year because the single was something I paid to receive with Analog. No need to be an apologist for this band just because they delivered on half of the agreed upon goods. And again, this isn't something that bothers me on a daily basis or even monthly, but every time it comes up, I think it is pretty shitty and will openly say so until it is resolved. 
    I enjoy being a cheerleader for the ten club.  The blame lies with the band.  

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    It's sort of two fold.  I feel like the first $20 is solely for ticket access, and the extra was for the analog goods. 

I feel like the $20 for ticket access has paid off well.   I've still managed to see shows every 2 or 3 years.. so even paying that $20 in years I don't make it to shows, i've never regretted that.  The extra $30 I paid for analog though.   That was all about the single, so I'd like to get my two singles ;)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    on2legs said:

Analog for 20+ years is $800+ . Still worth it but your statement isn’t accurate at all.

And the part you are missing is the fact that when purchased the items were part of the deal. Just cause you are happy with the tickets doesn’t matter. That’s what’s digital is for.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    @Enzed There are a few threads about this already.
    I absolutely know this, but nothing was on the front 3 pages.  Enzed doesn’t forget or forgive!
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    If you were a 10c member during those 2 years, quit the club now and  moved to a different address, they'd still owe you stuff but have no way to find you.. 
    So basically if you want what is owed  to you, you'd better stay a member..

I'm all for these threads! 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    Pearl Jam havent played in my country in just short of 20 years. Tickets through 10c mean nothing to me. I signed up so I could get the vinyl without going to the secondary market for it. They just havent delivered on the goods that were described.
    on2legs said:

Analog for 20+ years is $800+ . Still worth it but your statement isn’t accurate at all.

And the part you are missing is the fact that when purchased the items were part of the deal. Just cause you are happy with the tickets doesn’t matter. That’s what’s digital is for.
    But the tickets do matter to me.  More than anything.  Why do I have to join your outrage if I’m happy with it what I got for my money?

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

But the tickets do matter to me.  More than anything.  Why do I have to join your outrage if I’m happy with it what I got for my money?
    You can still agree that part being bullshit. 

For me - it doesnt matter that much not to recieve the actual single - its the gall of this organisation and how they do and know they can take their members for granted. 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Enzed said:
    @Enzed There are a few threads about this already.
    I absolutely know this, but nothing was on the front 3 pages.  Enzed doesn’t forget or forgive!
    Or use the search function.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

My outrage?  I'm just stating facts.  You could have paid $20/year and had access to tickets as well.  The extra $20-$30 (international) was all about the vinyl.  It was part of the agreement when that membership level and extra $20-$30 was given.  

Kinda funny you point out my outrage when I actually agreed with your sentiment.  If it had been $40/year and all I got was the ticket access I too would be fine with that.  But that wasn't the agreement.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Everyone is completely right that they are owed the vinyl and paid for it.  All I am saying is forget about it.  No sense fretting over it at this point.  Either the vinyls will come or they won't.   No refunds will be coming.  
This discussion has been closed.