Hey how about those 2 missing Ten Club singles!

EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
Are they coming yet?
Auckland 1 1995
Auckland 1998
EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
Auckland 2009
Auckland 2014

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,375
    Next Tuesday.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    It’s kind of amazing that they’ve sold a product and didn’t deliver it with no consequence.
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    Just downgraded my membership. Came close to pulling the plug altogether.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Wait...they never issues those?
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    @Enzed There are a few threads about this already.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    8/10
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.
  • The Red Easy Street should have been the gift to all the members. Really is disappointing that they screwed us. We have always been FAITHFUL 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    on2legs said:
    Next Tuesday.  
    See you
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Enzed said:
    Are they coming yet?
    It’s offensive to ask about these. 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Just gotta let it go.  The uproar was heard.  If we get it, we get it.  If not, then oh well.  Unless you plan on a lawsuit then what else can you do but move on.
    If not, then oh well? I have accepted waiting, but I hope no one else feels that way
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yeah, no to the "oh well" from me, as well. These are items that we paid for. The waiting is fine if it will make the end result better, but the "oh well" on whether or not we get them is definitely not fine.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Too bad 10club management couldn't just come out and say, no, the missing 10club vinyl singles won't be happening. In return here are 2 free pairs of Pearl Jam tickets for their next tour. We get to pick which 2 shows we want. Either reserved or GA. 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    Yeah, where are they? Hell of a way to treat paying customers.
    Hey ten club. Give me tickets to Pearl Jam’s next show and I’ll pay you 2 years after the show ends. Is that how it works?
    edited July 2019
    If not, then oh well? I have accepted waiting, but I hope no one else feels that way

We've asked about them for years.  So unless someone wants to sue if they don't arrive, then keep asking feels like beating a dead horse.  I guess there hasn't really been anything meaningful in the singles for a while so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

It'd be like winning a meet and greet with Vedder but he postpones every chance he gets.  Are you really going to want to go meet Vedder when he clearly does not have any interest in the meet and greet.  You might go but it will be super awkward because you know he is being forced to talk to you.  Well, they clearly do not have an interest in doing the annual single.  So, I'm not too interested in something they feel forced to do.   I have about zero interest in their next album.  If it comes, great.  If not, oh well.  It is all about the tours for me.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I'd be happy with an empty box to put the (7") singles in. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    PSUS2H said:
    I'd be happy with an empty box to put the (7") singles in. 
    I like that idea.  JW does that!
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Yeah, no to the "oh well" from me, as well. These are items that we paid for. The waiting is fine if it will make the end result better, but the "oh well" on whether or not we get them is definitely not fine.
    Sure, but there has been alot of complaints about it, and nothing has been said about it.  Even if they read what people are posting, it doesn't mean they have to respond.  
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    demetrios said:
    Too bad 10club management couldn't just come out and say, no, the missing 10club vinyl singles won't be happening. In return here are 2 free pairs of Pearl Jam tickets for their next tour. We get to pick which 2 shows we want. Either reserved or GA. 
    You're talking about four tickets, so at least $250/300 value. No way they would offer that.
    I agree that the red Easy Street vinyl would have been a good and easy solution, I don't think anyone would have complained with that (even if you didn't care for it, you'd still have a valuable item to sell).
    If we want to be a little realistic here, yes, I think at this point one could easily file a legal complaint and win it. Not for the money itself, actually it would probably be something more time consuming than anything else and would cost more money than what you'd actually get back. But for the principle of it. Like other have said, the "oh well" thing is just silly. On the other hand, nobody of us is gonna do anything about it because, like I already said, it just isn't worth the effort. And it also isn't one of those big problems that change your life. What's really bad about the Ten Club is that they know it, and they clearly take advantage of it. If I were responsible for the TC, I'd say screw the laziness of the band and try to do something to make things good for members. They just don't care, and even talking about it has become pretty nauseating now.
    But still, the "oh well"... I'd like to be a seller and being able to be negligent and don't deliver my products and just have customers like bootlegger10.
    Give everyone a $40 credit to the ten club store for your breach of contract. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

We've asked about them for years.  So unless someone wants to sue if they don't arrive, then keep asking feels like beating a dead horse.  I guess there hasn't really been anything meaningful in the singles for a while so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

It'd be like winning a meet and greet with Vedder but he postpones every chance he gets.  Are you really going to want to go meet Vedder when he clearly does not have any interest in the meet and greet.  You might go but it will be super awkward because you know he is being forced to talk to you.  Well, they clearly do not have an interest in doing the annual single.  So, I'm not too interested in something they feel forced to do.   I have about zero interest in their next album.  If it comes, great.  If not, oh well.  It is all about the tours for me.

Sorry, but you're being absolutely senseless. I don't even know what you're talking about? If you offered something for money (even if it was a little money) you HAVE to fulfill your obligations, either with what was originally promised, or with a refund. Same with a "meet and greet". If Ed would do one and then re-think about it, fine. Refund the money (because I doubt it would be for free), say you're sorry, and all is good. But maybe rich people can now do anything they want without consequences. Cool to know. It sure don't work like that for regular folks.
    Totally agree

Sorry, but you're being absolutely senseless. I don't even know what you're talking about? If you offered something for money (even if it was a little money) you HAVE to fulfill your obligations, either with what was originally promised, or with a refund. Same with a "meet and greet". If Ed would do one and then re-think about it, fine. Refund the money (because I doubt it would be for free), say you're sorry, and all is good. But maybe rich people can now do anything they want without consequences. Cool to know. It sure don't work like that for regular folks.
    It is senseless for me to be concerned about $20 I spent two years ago.  If I don’t get the single then I’m out $20?  Big deal.  I’m not in the 10c for the single anyway.   Are we owed the singles?  Yes.  I won’t disagree.  I just think we aren’t going to get refunds, and we’ve asked about them for 2 years and have not received them, so at some point you need to move on.  I spent $12 at lunch today.  

So if they send the singles then great.  If they don’t, they got my lunch money for a day.  My point was that I don’t want something that is forced.  It won’t be worth the $20 anyway.  
    Some people are just push overs and like throwing money away I guess. Not me. Send a refund or honor your obligations. It’s a breach of contract.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It just seems crazy to me they wouldn't want to put this to rest either way, or at least formulate a plan/timetable of fulfilling and communicate it.  If not, then communicate the way(s) to make everyone whole. 

Just letting it sit there feels like they are hoping it just goes away and they dont care.  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    It would be one thing if they were dormant during this period of "no new material", but to be the merch machine they have become and not fulfill this responsibility just stinks and is bad business. They are lucky we love them like our first girlfriend.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    Its just typical. We will keep just throwing  money at all the  stuff  up sale.  No matter what happens. There  in lays the  problem.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

It is senseless for me to be concerned about $20 I spent two years ago.  If I don’t get the single then I’m out $20?  Big deal.  I’m not in the 10c for the single anyway.   Are we owed the singles?  Yes.  I won’t disagree.  I just think we aren’t going to get refunds, and we’ve asked about them for 2 years and have not received them, so at some point you need to move on.  I spent $12 at lunch today.  

So if they send the singles then great.  If they don’t, they got my lunch money for a day.  My point was that I don’t want something that is forced.  It won’t be worth the $20 anyway.  
    It is $40 total, and it is a "company" that we are loyal to and (most of us) give plenty of leeway to (I think about this issue like 1 out of every 50 days or so).  It isnt the end of the world, Ill grant you, but we did pay for goods that were never produced.  Say there were 2,500 consistent Analog members over the 2 years, that is $100,000 in fans' money they took.  

What am I going to do about it?  Nothing.  Do I think it is a crummy thing for them to do with no communication?  Yes.  

If they said, sorry, but here is a $40 credit in the store.... cool.  Or some other olive branch.  If they said we expect a single in the Spring on 2020 and the other in the Spring of 2021, I would be fine with the info and thank them.  
This discussion has been closed.