U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Missed the first part of the game...goodness. The first was soft as crap too, but at least she was going to goal.  Extremely lucky.  Don't know much about the rest of the world, but apparently France is pretty good, so can't do that again.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Missed the first part of the game...goodness. The first was soft as crap too, but at least she was going to goal.  Extremely lucky.  Don't know much about the rest of the world, but apparently France is pretty good, so can't do that again.

So lucky.  That 2nd penalty was a joke.  The whole game was pretty sloppy....a lot of flopping and laying on the ground like they just got shot from both teams.  Can't stand that shit.  Sounds like France is the biggest threat to the U.S.  They had a rough game yesterday as well but still went through.  

So lucky.  That 2nd penalty was a joke.  The whole game was pretty sloppy....a lot of flopping and laying on the ground like they just got shot from both teams.  Can't stand that shit.  Sounds like France is the biggest threat to the U.S.  They had a rough game yesterday as well but still went through.  
    What is the point of VAR if you look at that and still determine it's a penalty?  Can't there be some common sense with it?

It was an ugly game.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2019
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I'm pretty sure Hope Solo is relatively wealthy. She doesn't need to live rent free in your head....but she does. Hope Solo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'm pretty sure Hope Solo is relatively wealthy. She doesn't need to live rent free in your head....but she does. Hope Solo.
    What do you mean?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    LMFAO...pretty common saying...LOL
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I like that saying.  Hillary even dropped it recently. 
    mrussel1 said:
    I love it.  Can not believe some have never heard of it.  Maybe 2nd world Euro countries have not caught up yet...

Also, Google is a great tool to research some of this stuff.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Why the infatuation with Hope Solo?  She is retired...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    mrussel1 said:
    I love it.  Can not believe some have never heard of it.  Maybe 2nd world Euro countries have not caught up yet...

Google is also good when You’re ignorant enough to call Sweden a ”2nd world Euro country” and also do not understand that I know the expression - But asked What he meant by it in relations to me and Hope Solo. 

But Nice try. A for effort. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbpkViMf2p0

Heres a short video on what Hope has been up to...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    This is one of the least shocking things I've ever read.  The fact that the likely next CEO is the head coach's brother is such a joke.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/25/sports/us-soccer-berhalter.html
    What do you mean?
    YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT I MEAN

chinese-happy.jpg
    mrussel1 said:

Google is also good when You’re ignorant enough to call Sweden a ”2nd world Euro country” and also do not understand that I know the expression - But asked What he meant by it in relations to me and Hope Solo. 

But Nice try. A for effort. 
    LMFAO...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    1-0!  Let's do this.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rapinoe!

That was nice..

Has Hope Solo tweeted about this game yet?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Has Hope Solo tweeted about this game yet?
    No, but if she does, I will wish only ill tidings on the current Team USA, as retribution.  
    edited June 2019
    Game is in Philly tomorrow and I’m at the shore. Sunday night will dampen the crowd a bit for sure 
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    What are the USMNT's chances against Jamaica tomorrow night? I know we had trouble with them recently. We just had trouble with Curacao. We're clearly not able to qualify for World Cups or Olympics at this point. I just hope our scrubs can pull their heads out and show a little skill this time. I'm tired of nail biters against shitty sides. It's getting old.

Oh, and go USWNT! At least we have reason to be proud! Dispatch England, and move onto the finals. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Intense first half! 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    I'm a simple caveman analyst, but that seems like a big save at the 82nd minute.
    Chippy and nasty! 

USWNT to the finals!
    What a wild game!  A penalty save in the 82nd minute of a WC semifinal....crazy!  
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Awesome win today!  Party like it s 1776!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    Awesome win today!  Party like it s 1776!!!
    Don't say that around Nike.