U.S. Soccer Thread

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited June 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hope Solo just admitted this was on purpose and a tactic from the trainers/her to stress the Swedish player out:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/usas-goalkeeper-hope-solo-changed-gloves-before-swedens-winning-penalty-shootout-kick/news-story/10a43f80ad48cc3835fc9cb80a8728d8

After the match, Solo didn’t hold back in her assessment of the opposition.

“We played a bunch of cowards,” Solo told Sports Illustrated. “The better team did not win today. I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today.”

Sow what is this "american heart" exactly? Cheating? Being a weasel?

Fuck that shit.

Who gives a shit?
    Much like the current "controversy", no one that matters. 
    I would think there isnt many reasons why it would matter so little bu you still have to comment on how little it matters.

it seems to matter enough for Solo to talk about it several years later. And she is a US soccer play. And this is a US soccer thread. 

So. Yeah. Why would i matter so little then But you still having to come in here commenting on How little it matters?
    Dude the article is three years old. 
    So, you still haven't reread my post - I TOLD YOU I BOLDED THE PART TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND IT IS CURRENT.

But do you still not understand? Or do you rather keep writing with your preconceived notion instead of re-reading the post like you were asked to? THIS TIME WITH BOLDED TEXT LIKE I TOLD YOU to make it easier for you because you had problems understanding the post.

Why would it be so hard to just re-read it like I told you - NOW WITH ADDED BOLDED TEXT?

The article was for fucking context and to point out her then bullshit. As evident my me writing "she JUST admitted THIS was on purpose (back then)"

ENGLISH IS YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hope Solo just admitted this was on purpose and a tactic from the trainers/her to stress the Swedish player out:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/olympics/usas-goalkeeper-hope-solo-changed-gloves-before-swedens-winning-penalty-shootout-kick/news-story/10a43f80ad48cc3835fc9cb80a8728d8

“We played a bunch of cowards,” Solo told Sports Illustrated. “The better team did not win today. I strongly believe that. I think you saw American heart. You saw us give everything we had today.”

Fuck that shit.

Who gives a shit?
    I would think there isnt many reasons why it would matter so little bu you still have to comment on how little it matters.

it seems to matter enough for Solo to talk about it several years later. And she is a US soccer play. And this is a US soccer thread. 

So. Yeah. Why would i matter so little then But you still having to come in here commenting on How little it matters?
    So, you still haven't reread my post - I TOLD YOU I BOLDED THE PART TO MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND IT IS CURRENT.

But do you still not understand? Or do you rather keep writing with your preconceived notion instead of re-reading the post like you were asked to? THIS TIME WITH BOLDED TEXT LIKE I TOLD YOU to make it easier for you because you had problems understanding the post.

Why would it be so hard to just re-read it like I told you - NOW WITH ADDED BOLDED TEXT?

The article was for fucking context and to point out her then bullshit. As evident my me writing "she JUST admitted THIS was on purpose (back then)"

Am I the only one lost?  Maybe I m burnt out since I m still in school lol.  Someone break this down to me in one syllable words.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fuck that shit.

Who gives a shit?

Why didn't you post the article where she JUST declared the reason for delay rather than the old one? That's what's confusing,  not your effective use of the bold function.  I still don't think anyone that matters,  cares. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,409
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    hey , she said it immediately after the game..

https://mobile.twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/764187928851582976

You should get banned for calling me "dumbfuck". 

But other than that, where here "immediately after the game" does she admit they faked her gloved being broken to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Please point it out to me? i would love to know @mickeyrat

Help a fellow out? 
    ummm she changed gloves and got some water. show me in your linked article where it says they were "broke". further, in general, show where goalies dont try to psych out their opponent during pk's or shoot outs?

and what does a former player have to do with this years world cup team?
    hmm, riddle me that.

Post edited by Kat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hey dumbfuck, she said it immediately after the game..

But other than that, where here "immediately after the game" does she admit they faked her gloved being broken to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    ummm she changed gloves and got some water. show me in your linked article where it says they were "broke". further, in general, show where goalies dont try to psych out their opponent during pk's or shoot outs?

hmm, riddle me that.

I think I made that same point a few times.  Maybe I should have bolded my responses?

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    LOL...this is just getting pathetic at this point...seems more like a Swedish chap who has an inferiority complex when it comes to the US...

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hey she said it immediately after the game..

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

You are moving goalposts and trying to talk away the topic. If they were described as broke or not in the article linked doesn't matter.

But sure let me rephrase: 

But other than that, where here "immediately after the game" (in your tweet) does she admit she went and changed her gloves (for whatever reason) as a planned tactic to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    Post edited by Kat on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mickeyrat said:no
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

You are moving goalposts and trying to talk away the topic. If they were described as broke or not in the article linked doesn't matter.

But other than that, where here "immediately after the game" does she admit she went and changed her gloves (for whatever reason) as a planned tactic to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    still missing the point of a 3 year old article about a now fired former player, who during her last time employed a tactic common amongst goalies in any league, but this one game for a world championship.
    WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT?

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

But other than that, where here "immediately after the game" does she admit she went and changed her gloves (for whatever reason) as a planned tactic to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    still missing the point of a 3 year old article about a now fired former player, who during her last time employed a tactic common amongst goalies in any league, but this one game for a world championship.

Why are you unable to answer my question? 

I mean you called me a "dumbfuck" for not seeing that she admitted to doing it as a tactic "immediately after the game". So if one even is a "dumbfuck" for not being able to see it in the tweet - then wouldn't it be very easy for you to point out where in the quote it is said?

And read some posts in this thread if you do not understand what the point of linking an old article was. It should not be this hard for you.
    Post edited by Kat on
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

I mean you called me a "dumbfuck" for not seeing that she admitted to doing it as a tactic "immediately after the game". So if one even is a "dumbfuck" for not being able to see it in the tweet - then wouldn't it be very easy for you to point out where in the quote it is said?
    why did you bring it up at all.  what relevance does it have to this tourney and the real chance that loss is avenged...... you scared?

edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    hey, she said it immediately after the game..

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

And read some posts in this thread if you do not understand what the point of linking an old article was. It should not be this hard for you.
    Dude repeat your question slowly.   Clear it up for all the native English speakers. 

Post edited by Kat on
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

why did you bring it up at all.  what relevance does it have to this tourney and the real chance that loss is avenged...... you scared?
    I can rephrase the last sentence of my last post to you: And read some posts in this thread if you do not understand what the point of my post was. It should not be this hard for you.

And again:

where here "immediately after the game" does she admit she went and changed her gloves (for whatever reason) as a planned tactic to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    edited June 2019
    If changing gloves stresses out a soccer player, then she has a weak mental makeup.  Watch an NBA game with free throws and the game online...plenty of distractions...but they block the distractions out...seems like this is becoming dumb at this point...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    If changing gloves stresses out a soccer player, then she has a weak mental makeup.  Watch an NBA game with free throws and the game online...plenty of distractions...but they block the distractions out...seems like this is becoming dumb at this point...
    What is becoming dumb?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

I can rephrase the last sentence of my last post to you: And read some posts in this thread if you do not understand what the point of my post was. It should not be this hard for you.

And again:

where here "immediately after the game" does she admit she went and changed her gloves (for whatever reason) as a planned tactic to stress the person ready to kick the penalty?

Help a fellow out? 
    what happened to you? you've become extremely abrasive and annoying in the last 2 months or so. you weren't always like that. chill out. and stop trying to piss on everything in the USA.  end of my rant...
    Post edited by Kat on
    edited June 2019
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

And again:

Help a fellow out? 
    what happened to you? you've become extremely abrasive and annoying in the last 2 months or so. you weren't always like that. chill out. and stop trying to piss on everything in the USA.  end of my rant...
    In what way am I "pisisng on everything in the USA" here?

Or is this just a friendly subtextian way for you to clue me in on that some people on here are unable to read through a simple post without going on some weird blindsided and misguided tirade if a US citizen and/or the country of US happen to be mentioned?

If that is the case, then I am grateful. But the responsibility should be on them to actually read the post, and not for me to withhold from posting because of them being unable to read when the blindsideness kicks in.

Or if it is just laziness, a "falling in line"-mentality or lack of reading comprehension, than I do not think that should fall on me either. Just because I am posting something current and in the relevant thread.

Thank you though.
    damn, its like being a sore winner from those olympic games.....

USA’s goalkeeper Hope Solo changed gloves before Sweden’s winning penalty shootout kick
    Olympic Games

August 13, 2016 1:33am
        Source: FOX SPORTS

Hope Solo.
    Hope Solo.Source: FOX SPORTS
    BEFORE outspoken USA women’s Hope Solo labelled Sweden “cowards” following the world champions’ quarter-final defeat, the goalkeeper failed at a last-ditch mind game to swing the shootout in her team’s favour.

Sweden progressed to their first ever Olympics semi-final 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in Brasilia as Sweden coach Pia Sundhage ousted the US team she led to gold in 2008 and 2012.

Star striker Alex Morgan and substitute Christen Press missed penalties before Lisa Dahlkvist converted the winning spot-kick despite Solo’s best efforts to put her off by changing gloves to delay Dahlkvist’s effort.

“It is ok to be coward if you win,” Sundhage shot back.

“What she did was an act of panic,” said Swedish ‘keeper Hedvig Lindahl of Solo’s time-wasting tactics before the final penalty.

“They didn’t try and press. They didn’t want to open the game and they tried to counter with long balls,” continued Solo.

“We had that style of play when Pia was our coach.”

“I don’t think they’re going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly.

“But they won. They’re moving on, and we’re going home.”

USA coach Jill Ellis tried to diffuse the row.

“They executed her game plan very well. It’s a matter of knowing how to use all the resources you have,” said the Englishwoman.

“And finally the most important thing is the result, not how to play.”
    Sweden celebrate their victory.
    Sweden celebrate their victory.Source: FOX SPORTS

Solo’s Games has been dogged by controversy as she received chants of “Zika” from fans across Brazil.

Last month the 35-year-old posted a picture of herself with a mosquito net over her head and a huge bottle of insect repellent in hand with the message: “Not sharing this!!! Get your own! #Zikaproof #Road to Rio” on her Twitter account.

Defeat is the Americans’ first in 15 games at the Olympics and only their third ever in Games history having won four golds and a silver since women’s football was introduced to the Olympic programme.

Sweden will now face either hosts Brazil, who thrashed them 5-1 in the group stages, or Australia in Tuesday’s semi-final in Rio.

Germany also booked their place in the last four on Friday with a hard-fought 1-0 win over 10-man China in Salvador.

hmm, article in full, reporter observes an action, reports it. doesnt speculate as to why she did change her gloves.  Solo is neither asked nor offers a reason as to why she chose to change gloves.
     SO YOU LIED..... Why did you lie?
    So not sure your question can be answered.

now answer mine. articulate why you brought this up out of the blue when it isnt relevant to anything current in the discussion or this world cup.

LIAR LIAR

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

And again:

Help a fellow out? 
    when i say here i don't just mean this thread.  lots of posts on the moving train about the US.  maybe i'm misreading things but i don't think i am.  

and back on topic. who cares about anything Hope Solo says or does at this point?  

Post edited by Kat on
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:

USA’s goalkeeper Hope Solo changed gloves before Sweden’s winning penalty shootout kick
    Olympic Games

Hope Solo.
    BEFORE outspoken USA women’s Hope Solo labelled Sweden “cowards” following the world champions’ quarter-final defeat, the goalkeeper failed at a last-ditch mind game to swing the shootout in her team’s favour.

Sweden progressed to their first ever Olympics semi-final 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in Brasilia as Sweden coach Pia Sundhage ousted the US team she led to gold in 2008 and 2012.

Star striker Alex Morgan and substitute Christen Press missed penalties before Lisa Dahlkvist converted the winning spot-kick despite Solo’s best efforts to put her off by changing gloves to delay Dahlkvist’s effort.

“What she did was an act of panic,” said Swedish ‘keeper Hedvig Lindahl of Solo’s time-wasting tactics before the final penalty.

“They didn’t try and press. They didn’t want to open the game and they tried to counter with long balls,” continued Solo.

“I don’t think they’re going to make it far in the tournament. I think it was very cowardly.

“They executed her game plan very well. It’s a matter of knowing how to use all the resources you have,” said the Englishwoman.

Solo’s Games has been dogged by controversy as she received chants of “Zika” from fans across Brazil.

Last month the 35-year-old posted a picture of herself with a mosquito net over her head and a huge bottle of insect repellent in hand with the message: “Not sharing this!!! Get your own! #Zikaproof #Road to Rio” on her Twitter account.

Defeat is the Americans’ first in 15 games at the Olympics and only their third ever in Games history having won four golds and a silver since women’s football was introduced to the Olympic programme.

Sweden will now face either hosts Brazil, who thrashed them 5-1 in the group stages, or Australia in Tuesday’s semi-final in Rio.

Germany also booked their place in the last four on Friday with a hard-fought 1-0 win over 10-man China in Salvador.

hmm, article in full, reporter observes an action, reports it. doesnt speculate as to why she did change her gloves.  Solo is neither asked nor offers a reason as to why she chose to change gloves.

now answer mine. articulate why you brought this up out of the blue when it isnt relevant to anything current in the discussion or this world cup.
    What did I lie about?

Why did I brought it up out of the blue? Well, first because it wasn't out of the blue.  Did you find some problem in re-reading my post like I told you to do? There lies the VERY SIMPLE answer to you question. clue: IT IS IN BOLD.

Now tell me, if I am a "dumbfuck" for not seeing she admitted to changing gloves to disturb/stress the other player - could you point it out where in the tweet where it is said? Why are you having a problem with this easy thing?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    This is officially the dumbest argument I've ever read on here.

AND THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:

Olympic Games

Hope Solo.

What did I lie about?

Why did I brought it up out of the blue? Well, first because it wasn't out of the blue.  Did you find some problem in re-reading my post like I told you to do? There lies the VERY SIMPLE answer to you question. clue: IT IS IN BOLD.

Now tell me, if I am a "dumbfuck" for not seeing she admitted to changing gloves to disturb/stress the other player - could you point it out where in the tweet where it is said? Why are you having a problem with this easy thing?
    she made no such admission. and you claimed she did.

edited June 2019
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

And again:

Help a fellow out? 
    when i say here i don't just mean this thread.  lots of posts on the moving train about the US.  maybe i'm misreading things but i don't think i am.  

and back on topic. who cares about anything Hope Solo says or does at this point?  

No one cares, my friend.  No one.  
    Post edited by Kat on
    pjhawks said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Help a fellow out? 

hmm, riddle me that.

Help a fellow out? 

And again:

Help a fellow out? 

You are better than a "who the fuck cares?"-comment, and I think you know that deep down. It's just drive-by-shit-posting.

I would not go in and post that in a "New single from Dolly Parton" thread just because I find her irrelevant or uninteresting. 

I'd like to refer you back to the conversation re: circumcision.  
    edited June 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Olympic Games

Hope Solo.

What did I lie about?

she made no such admission. and you claimed she did.
    I have never claimed she made such an admission in that link. That link was, like I HAVE EXPLAINED IN THIS THREAD, to give context.

I did claim that she JUST made such an admission though, which she has. 

If she JUST made an admission, how can it be in a link years old?

Now can you please re-read the post? Is that really so hard?

And please answer my question about your tweet and me being a "dumbfuck"?
    edited June 2019

That what happens when people are unable (for whatever reason) to read a simple post and go on a a weird full on war instead of just reading the post. Which they just could have done. You know... just read the post. It's not that long. Or hard to read.

Fuck that shit.

probably gonna help if you linked where/when she said this.

the tweet is the full quote from immediately after that game. to give others full context since you have a proclivity of posting partial quotes.

later girlfriend,  will be checking scores when I rise from my earned slumber.

mrussel1 said:

I'd like to refer you back to the conversation re: circumcision.  
    Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…