Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Nice that should be a great view.  Are you going to check out Muse or stick around for the track walk?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Nice set up for a 6th year of the same boring crap.  I think I tossed this entire season by FP2 of the first race.
    Well Bahrain was certainly not boring! Ferrari is fast but like any Italian car, prone to reliability issues ha!
    Jason P said:

Got my tickets to COTA next week.  Ended up getting seats in Turn 15 but will spend Saturday checking out different vantage points around the track for qualifying and the Indy lights race.  

Australia was pretty ho-hum.  Would have been nice if it was five laps longer to see if Max could have gotten within a second of Hamilton in a DRS zone.
    So how was it?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Get_Right said:
    Jason P said:

Got my tickets to COTA next week.  Ended up getting seats in Turn 15 but will spend Saturday checking out different vantage points around the track for qualifying and the Indy lights race.  

Australia was pretty ho-hum.  Would have been nice if it was five laps longer to see if Max could have gotten within a second of Hamilton in a DRS zone.
    So how was it?
    The only thing I saw was the pre-race flyover as they were rushing me to the infield med center in a stretcher.  I won't get into the details, but I'm just happy to be breathing today and not in a pine box.   
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Jason P said:
    Get_Right said:
    Jason P said:

So how was it?
    The only thing I saw was the pre-race flyover as they were rushing me to the infield med center in a stretcher.  I won't get into the details, but I'm just happy to be breathing today and not in a pine box.   
    Ah jeez, man. Hope you're okay.
    Jason P said:
    Get_Right said:
    Jason P said:

So how was it?
    Holy crap, what happened?  Hope you are OK!
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    China was not that exciting other than seeing that some of the young guns can really drive.
  • erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Agreed, not much excitement in China. The future looks bright for Norris and Albon, and Ferrari can only protect Vettel so long from Leclerc 
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    Let LEC shine! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    F1 Fat Tony in Baku right now...

https://youtu.be/Z2oG888CYTk

Human rights?  What's a human right?
    Funny I was noticing the characters hanging out in the paddock after the race. Lot of black leather jackets. Snoozefest of a race. I think we can stop saying the Ferraris are faster than the Mercs.
    Eff Ferrari! I'm hoping Bottas can knock off Hamilton this year, like Rosberg did.

also , just had a race in that other country known for human rights and Russia to come

F1 is all about the money ultimately
    Get_Right said:
    Funny I was noticing the characters hanging out in the paddock after the race. Lot of black leather jackets. Snoozefest of a race. I think we can stop saying the Ferraris are faster than the Mercs.
    6 years of weak marketing BS
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Italian confusion versus German precision me thinks.
    edited May 2019
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Italian confusion versus German precision me thinks.
    None of them are going to come out and say how the teams really stack up, but they say so much obvious BS it has to be to try and keep fans thinking there is a chance of a race.  You can't fault one team for being dominant.

RIP Niki Lauda
    Yeah that is sad.  What a life story.
    WTF is going on at Ferrari?  They are a mess.
    Yawn, pretty boring season unless you are a Mercedes fan

not that I think it would have made a huge difference in the overall picture, but Seb should not have got a penalty
    F1's first semi-exciting race of the year and they fuck it up with a controversy
    Jason P said:
    F1's first semi-exciting race of the year and they fuck it up with a controversy
    What a joke.

• qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 771
    eddiec said:
    Jason P said:
    What a joke.

I was in Montreal for the race. It was great until that bullshit call. The boos after the race were loud as fuck! I don't think it was just "a bad call". I think the FIA and Co. are punishing Ferrari for years of foul play.

Tough call. They applied the rule correctly and I think Seb did make that one adjustment to block Hambone once he was back on track. But not the way a race should be decided. Far worse racing incidents have gone unpunished. They should have let that one go.
    Get_Right said:
    Tough call. They applied the rule correctly and I think Seb did make that one adjustment to block Hambone once he was back on track. But not the way a race should be decided. Far worse racing incidents have gone unpunished. They should have let that one go.
    They definitely should have let it go. If it was something like a blind corner- meaning Hamilton didn't see Vettel go off- and Vettel came back on track nearly causing an accident, I could see it from a stewards perspective of reentering and almost causing a collision. But Hamilton watched the whole thing unfold in front of him. He knew Vettel was going to try and retake track position in the lead and he backed off the throttle when that did happen. They're fighting for first place. I just see it as taking the racing spectacle out of it- which F1 is already lacking. The cars having difficulty passing each other is the governing body's fault. At least let the drivers race.
    eddiec said:
    Get_Right said:
    They definitely should have let it go. If it was something like a blind corner- meaning Hamilton didn't see Vettel go off- and Vettel came back on track nearly causing an accident, I could see it from a stewards perspective of reentering and almost causing a collision. But Hamilton watched the whole thing unfold in front of him. He knew Vettel was going to try and retake track position in the lead and he backed off the throttle when that did happen. They're fighting for first place. I just see it as taking the racing spectacle out of it- which F1 is already lacking. The cars having difficulty passing each other is the governing body's fault. At least let the drivers race.
    Tough call. The stewards take their job seriously. If Hambone did not brake then Vettel would have caused a crash by not laying off the throttle when he rejoined - which is what the rule is designed to prevent. If it was Grosean or Stroll nobody would be complaining LOL. The flaw is in the rule which does not allow for the stewards to issue a warning or something less harsh than a 5 second penalty. I do agree that the ruling ruined the end of that race though, and that sucks for everybody.
    Another snoozefest in France. When are the new changes coming in?
    I agree that race was not very exciting.  Good to see McLaren have a bit of pace. Seb is lost and HAM is on point. Lock up number 6. No one can touch him.