Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    That's cool . I would add every team pits around 2.8. - 3 seconds. Maclaren are very fast
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    eddiec wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    When are they just gonna stop the crap and make Laguna Seca (or whatever Mazda thing they call it now) the official home of the F1 US GP?

I never liked F1 at Indy. An oval track modified. Doesn't work for me.
    Laguna Seca would suck for F1 cars, at least from my perspective.

I've heard people say it's small for F1 (seating) but the champ cars worked really well there. There just aren't that many good permanent tracks in the US. Watkins Glen is a great track but not sure if it can hold enough people to support an F1 race. I'm interested as to what people think would be a good US race.
    Any suggestions?
    As long as Bernie is alive, I highly doubt you will see F1 in the US anywhere but on a built for F1 track unless a city is willing to do a street circuit-and given the state of most local budgets these days, that is highly unlikely.

You would think the folks in vegas would might find a way to bring F1-but maybe vegas it too trashy for bernie.

On another note, I cannot believe how old this thread is! And I was the first to suggest Vegas as US venue in 2011. Just saying  ;)
  • Options
    qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    eddiec said:
    Hello fellow Formula One freaks.
    I have had a horrble life altering accident, and can no longer attend the Grand Prix in Montreal. I have 2 tickets in grandstand 24 (the hairpin) for all 3 days, and hotel accommodations for Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The seats are in row 4 and are 2 seats in from the aisle. The view is amazing, I’ve had these same seats for 20 years now. The cost of the GP tickets was $890 cdn, and the cost of the hotel was $1470 cdn. I am asking $2000 for the lot if anyone is interested.

Very sorry about your accident.
    You must be a big fan to have the same seats for 20 years. Good luck selling them.
    Thanks eddiec.
    I have attended every Montreal Grand Prix since 1995. I improved my seats every year until I locked into my current seats around 2002, or 2003. It’s really cool that the seats are mine until I decide I don’t want them anymore. I’m hoping to recover from this accident and will be walking again in 5 to 6 months and back at the Grand Prix next year.

Cheers
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    Is Leclerc champion calibre in a good car on a good team?
    Ferrari have been in a funk for awhile now
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    erebus said:

It was a good session under tricky conditions. LeClerc was not the only one that struggled. Perez and Russell also could not put it together.
  • Options
    erebus said:
    I'd say for sure, despite some mistakes he made last year. Russel and Norris as well. Would love to see Norris in a competitive car.
  • Options
    I really like Norris too. Russel is good but something about him I'm not sure about. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Norris is my favorite, but Russel has a huge mountain to climb. He was the "new guy" coming into a team basically owned by Lewis (the car was probably designed with lewis' style in mind), with a non-competitive car, after having almost 10 years of dominance. Also your teammate is arguably the GOAT and the most accomplished driver ever. I think he feels like he is seem as the next best british driver after lewis and is putting a lot of pressure on himself. He did pretty good in his first merc season, he is struggling this one, but he would be a lot closer to hamilton in points without the DNF in Australia, which was not his fault. He did a very good job at willians (years fighting in the back for sure were shitty, lol) and I was gutted for him when merc screwed up his win in that GP he substituted lewis. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Ferrari can finish second in the Constructor's Championship :prayer:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Decent recovery in 4th and 5th for Scuderia :plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    So Verstapen wins again...
  • Options
    He will every race. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    He will every race. 
    Crazy how dominant he is.
  • Options
    It's the car 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    car + driver LOL
  • Options
    Any of the top 6 drivers would win in that car. No lol about it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    It seems that there are four racers then everybody else.  Red Bull has definitely found the secret sauce.
  • Options
    If it was just the car, Red Bull would be 1-2 every race. Max gets more out of the car than Sergio. I do think Alonso and Hamilton would be winning if they had that car. Not so sure about the rest of the field.  
  • Options
    Sure red bull has the best car (just like merc had from 2014-2021 and ferrari in the schumacher days), but verstappen's been driving on another level as well. Pace and tyre management are outstanding. That last monaco pole lap, the stint with the hards in miami. Hopefully merc and aston catch up by the middle-end of the season due to the wind tunnel restrictions and we have a more competitive end of season and more promising 2024. Three more wins in a roll rbr ties mclaren record of consecutive wins in the beginning of a season. 

On another note, should perez be worried about ricciardo?
  • Options
    edited June 2023
     On another note, should perez be worried about ricciardo?”

I don’t think DRicc would be an upgrade, more of a lateral move.  Too bad, I was really pulling for Checo.

on another note, I find myself cheering for Alonso and Hammy now that some of the ego has dissipated and they seem to be having fun.

the years that Schumi and Hamilton were winning every race were not very exciting and now Max is in the same position. A good rivalry will turn things around.

we shall see what happens when Ford? starts making Red Bulls engines 
    Post edited by erebus on
  • Options
    Its true, the F1 cycle continues and do not forget Vettel's dominance.  The growth of Aston Martin and Alonso is the story of the year IMHO. It would be great for F1 if they could win one. I will be in Austin and cannot wait!
  • Options
    I'm loving Aston Martin. Agreed we need 2 or 3 even cars at least to see true racing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Max ahead by 22 seconds. It's not just the car. Good racing in Austria. 
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Get_Right said:
    After passing LeClerc it only took about 5 laps and he was something like 19 seconds ahead. Crazy. I guess his fresh tyres helped, but still.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    Get_Right said:
    After passing LeClerc it only took about 5 laps and he was something like 19 seconds ahead. Crazy. I guess his fresh tyres helped, but still.
    Exactly. Max can drive.

• Options
    Fantastic race!
  • Options
    Agree! So much action and a little drama!
  • Options
    Lewis
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Get in there!

• Options
    Merc can keep up with red bull on the softs. But if the weather is too hot, probably cant do a one stop strategy and use softs (unless you do a huge stint on medium/hard, and rbr pace may be too much, as they have less tyre degradation). Curious to see what they will do tomorrow, hopefully lewis and verstappen make it to lap 2 without crashing, lol.

On another note, so happy mclaren is back!

Danny ric pretty good position also, ahead of tsunoda and close to checo.