Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I loved the yellow accents on the Ferraris.  Max looks sooo much faster than everyone else.  The booing was not cool though. 
  • Options
    Yellow accent looked amazing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Yellow accent looked amazing

They should permanently keep that rear wing even though it is a multi-million dollar billboard.
  • Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    I think F1 should examine finishing races under safety cars. I would have preferred to see a red flag in this situation and then have everybody sprint it out for the final 4 or 5 laps. 
    Understandably each situation is unique and several factors come into play.
    1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    erebus said:
    I think F1 should examine finishing races under safety cars. I would have preferred to see a red flag in this situation and then have everybody sprint it out for the final 4 or 5 laps. 
    Understandably each situation is unique and several factors come into play.
    If last year's final race hadn't ended in controversy, I think this one would have been red flagged. 
    But you're right- every situation is unique, and since safety issues are a primary concern, it's difficult to find a solution. 

• Options
    Yeah safety car finish is so boring. I agree, if you have heavy machinery on the track, red flag the race and the cars should be in the pits regardless of the timing. Watching the marshalls standing around the car for a couple of laps was also puzzling. That said, Max dominated that race and the Red Bull strategy was spot on.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    I know all the money is there, but I really don't care for the desert races.
  • Options
    erebus said:
    Pap said:
    I know all the money is there, but I really don't care for the desert races.

I would take desert races over Vegas and Miami with their price gouging. Yuck.  All politics and human rights issues aside of course. And Montreal appears sold out already.  Thanks for email GP organizers after 10 years of buying tix.  
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited October 2022
    Hopefully something happens in the 2nd half of this race. Wet tracks usually make it exciting, but not this time.
  • Options
    🇲🇽 
    let’s see what the penalty is….should have been decided during the race.
    Congratulations Checo…….maybe?
  • Options
    Tough track. I love the spectacle that is Singapore, but too many retirements and tough to pass. 
  • Options
    A corporate client sent me an invite for Brazil.  It was kind of a mass mailing so I am not sure if it is real, but it is a fully comped package including flights, dinners and paddock passes.  Cant be real, too good to be true. We shall see.
  • Options
    This race looks doomed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Reminded me of 2015 in Austin. Lost two pairs of shoes.  Shame to see a champion awarded on a penalty in a short race. Boo F1 boo. Still going to Austin and Brazil. But boo F1 boo.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Get_Right said:
    Reminded me of 2015 in Austin. Lost two pairs of shoes.  Shame to see a champion awarded on a penalty in a short race. Boo F1 boo. Still going to Austin and Brazil. But boo F1 boo.
    Wow, have fun! Brazil would be exciting.
    As I was watching the podium presentation the other day, I was thinking how exciting it would be if Checo were to be world champion. Would love to see him win Mexico this year. It has been awhile since a non Euro has been champ….
    97 JV Canada 
    91 Senna Brazil
    Post edited by erebus on
  • Options
    erebus said:
    Get_Right said:
    Wow, have fun! Brazil would be exciting.
    As I was watching the podium presentation the other day, I was thinking how exciting it would be if Checo were to be world champion. Would love to see him win Mexico this year. It has been awhile since a non Euro has been champ….
    97 JV Canada 
    91 Senna Brazil

Agree. Mexico would go crazy if Checo won. Max and red bull should make that happen now that the Championship is over.
  • Options
    Probably my favorite race of the year.  So lucky to be there.  Amazing spot at the top of turn 12.  Well worth the cost and effort (and this race requires a lot of effort). No Brazil for me, cannot make it happen.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    edited November 2022
    Anyone else think verstappen was acting like a little bitch? 
    Post edited by DavidD on
  • Options
    I cant stand the guy. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    I think he’s a great driver. But not helping checo get the extra points to jump ahead of Leclerc for second was a dick move. I remember him on multiple occasions thanking checo for his help in some of the races this year. I would like to see how he’s going to help his team mate in Abu Dhabi. 
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,284
    DavidD said:
    Anyone else think verstappen was acting like a little bitch? 
    He always does, and Little Man Horner keeps encouraging it. 
    He could potentially become one of the greats, but his shitty personality will always let him down.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I've heard multiple lead drivers over the years basically say the same thing, including Hamilton,  Vettel and Alonso.  If I remember correctly,  there was a lot of whining over the radio both ways during Rosbergs championship year over Hamilton. 

What about Leclerc asking for Sainz to give up his podium so he could get more points. 

And I am not a fan of Max  lol, but he is just like everyone else. I thought he should have given up the place personally 
    Post edited by erebus on
  • Options
    Top drivers are almost always douchebags in their prime. That was a million dollar fuck you. That said, it is a sport of alpha males and Max let the team know he is the boss. Cant argue with that. The days of gentlemen racing is long gone.
  • Options
    I just hope Perez remembers it and has the stones to disobey when team orders to help Max are issued next season 
  • Options
    erebus said:

What about Leclerc asking for Sainz to give up his podium so he could get more points. 

I can see where leclerc was coming from but I’m glad binttio didn’t ask sainz to give up his spot. 
    Get_Right said:
    The days of gentlemen racing is long gone.
    Yup. 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,272

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Uneventful conclusion to the season. The race came down to strategy but kudos to LeClerc for a great drive. Congrats to Ferrari for second place in the constructors championship (ugh I hate to say that ;) ).  Danny Ric to Red Bull as a reserve/stunt driver. Looking forward to 2023.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Get_Right said:
    Uneventful conclusion to the season. The race came down to strategy but kudos to LeClerc for a great drive. Congrats to Ferrari for second place in the constructors championship (ugh I hate to say that ;) ).  Danny Ric to Red Bull as a reserve/stunt driver. Looking forward to 2023.
    Kind of sad watching the "wily old fox Seb Vettel"'s last race. Leaving RBR was the worst thing possible for his career yet the best thing possible for his personality.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Kind of sad watching the "wily old fox Seb Vettel"'s last race. Leaving RBR was the worst thing possible for his career yet the best thing possible for his personality.

Maybe bad for his career, but not for his bank account.  Hard to say no when Ferrari offers you 37m a year plus free Ferraris.