Options

Formula One Freaks-this is it!

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Jason P said:
    After all the early hiccups, Vegas turned out to be a great F1 track.    Great race.   

Agreed. One of the better races this year and I like the track.

• Options
    See you next year!

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hopefully it is a better season.
  • Options
    Aw this year was pretty good other than Max running away. Alonso added to it. And Ferrari failed again.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Aw this year was pretty good other than Max running away. Alonso added to it. And Ferrari failed again.
    That is the problem - Max won 19 races.  I didn't think dominance could get more boring than Mercedes but I was wrong.  We need some variety on the top step.
  • Options
    Its F1. Schumi, Vettel, Hambone, Max. There is always a dominant driver.

• Options
    That's true but again this was something else.  What's the point of turning on the tv if you already know the result? 
  • Options
    To watch handmade ferraris, mercedes and aston martins.
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    That's true but again this was something else.  What's the point of turning on the tv if you already know the result? 
     And I think the Schumacher era was the most boring

• Options
    erebuserebus Posts: 549
    There goes any title hopes

1996: Toronto
    2003: St. Paul
    2005: Thunder Bay
    2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa
    2009: Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010: Boston
    2011: Toronto I, Toronto II, Winnipeg
    2012: Missoula
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014: St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II
    2022: Hamilton, Toronto 
    2023: St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    All I can say is WTF. Alonso did it. Vettel did it. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSDWq6HsJE
  • Options
    Race weekend and a new season starts in Bahrain!  Friday qually and Saturday races the next two weekends. How far ahead will Max and Red Bull be?
  • Options
    Speculation is a second a lap quicker.  Brutal.
  • Options
    It is what it is. The race is for second and fourth unless the mercs or the ferraris have something up their sleeves. Glad its back though.  Not sure If I will make a race this year.  Flights to Austin are outrageous! Have my first kid in college and it is expensive! We shall see.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    It is what it is. The race is for second and fourth unless the mercs or the ferraris have something up their sleeves. Glad its back though.  Not sure If I will make a race this year.  Flights to Austin are outrageous! Have my first kid in college and it is expensive! We shall see.
    That is the case for flights in Canada too.  I keep putting it off until the season is more competitive (for wins) but with that attitude I might be waiting forever.
    Hopefully some of the better drivers down the grid can pull off some good results this year.
  • Options
    Flights from NY are $1400! I have never paid more than $700. Might be a deal breaker this year.  I love the Grand Prix no matter the competitiveness, it is such a fun weekend and a spectacle. I think I am taking this year off unless there is a unexpected influx of cash.
  • Options
    Wild! Maybe you'll catch a sale and change your mind.  And I agree it is a lot more fun in person regardless of the competition but as far as a sport goes I find it hard to watch when I know the outcome of the entire season, more or less, before it's begun.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    Yeah I agree. A hard watch indeed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Rygar said:
    Wild! Maybe you'll catch a sale and change your mind.  And I agree it is a lot more fun in person regardless of the competition but as far as a sport goes I find it hard to watch when I know the outcome of the entire season, more or less, before it's begun.

We shall see. I have a great ticket and a place to stay if needed. I refuse to fly spirit or southwest. Going to the Grand Prix is analogous to going to a music festival. It may not be ideal, but it is three days with friends and a ton of fun being outdoors taking it all in. It is worth it to just make fun of the Ferrari fans LOL.  =)
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:

We shall see. I have a great ticket and a place to stay if needed. I refuse to fly spirit or southwest. Going to the Grand Prix is analogous to going to a music festival. It may not be ideal, but it is three days with friends and a ton of fun being outdoors taking it all in. It is worth it to just make fun of the Ferrari fans LOL.  =)
    Haha, ouch
  • Options
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:

Haha, ouch

Yeah do not hate me if you see me wearing a Hambone Ferrari kit next year.  I must resist.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
     And I think the Schumacher era was the most boring

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

• Options
    Pap said:

long season
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:
    Get_Right said:
    Rygar said:

Haha, ouch

Yeah do not hate me if you see me wearing a Hambone Ferrari kit next year.  I must resist.
    Am I supposed to start cheering for Hambone this season or what is the etiquette here?

• Options
    Get_Right said:
    Pap said:

long season
    I've seen more and more drivers and team principals calling for shorter seasons after this year's schedule was announced, that's a lot of races.