Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

They are called tax and spend liberals for a reason...I hope they run on these 2 taxes...that should guarantee defgeat in October.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Never a good sign when they have your successor selected...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…

Pretty much...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Cannot find the millions to take of the 1st nations ... but our loser PM has 50 million he can hand out to impress his celebrity friends losers...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    KINSELLA: Trudeau's 'genocide' comment sparks international probe

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-trudeaus-genocide-comment-sparks-international-probe/wcm/b1567823-1619-47ca-8a78-c862b2946c17

He will not label what ISIS did as genocide??? 
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-trudeaus-genocide-comment-sparks-international-probe/wcm/b1567823-1619-47ca-8a78-c862b2946c17

Is this word important to you?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJ_Soul said:

Is this word important to you?
    I don’t know why what ISIS did would be labeled as genocide, since it didn’t target any specific race or cultural group. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Windsor human trafficking victim speaks out after tormenter pleads guilty

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/windsor-human-trafficking-victim-speaks-out-after-tormenter-pleads-guilty?fbclid=IwAR1q6Boluf46d8TBy50sKNkAgvgUhWuJXjTKQML0UVO96RKV7ndFM70J52I

This asshole should get a death sentence...but he'll cower in protected custody...

Give Peas A Chance…

What kind of drugs is being sold in Victoria?  Wants the military to pay for remembrance day...LMFAO.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Charity suspended over terror financing concerns gets Canada Summer Jobs grant

https://bit.ly/2KNqy6L?fbclid=IwAR0mtYXrDZXkQXX4YnQYoO5AR0HzWDpNejBpot-8U0F4uw3MmGPMON957VU

LMFAO...why would anyone be surprised by these dummies...the fucker will not label ISIS as committing genocide and I'm sure he is trying to sneak those evil bastards back into Canada...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    edited June 2019
    Apparently Trudeau's due in Toronto for the Raptors celebration. I'm hoping the delay will force him back on his plane (nice carbon footprint...again) to Ottawa for his afternoon meeting,  but there's no media at his later events so I'm not expecting it. It also would have been nice for him to invite the other party leaders to ensure it's non-partisan,  but those pictures wouldn't play as well on the campaign trail.  The guy's more of an opportunist than Drake, lol!

Edit: CBC just mentioned that Scheer is at the event,  as well as Doug Ford, so Trudeau's not the only opportunist,  lol. And Trudeau decided to cut down his carbon footprint by staying here, blowing off a group of Muslim leaders in Ottawa,  new he can fly direct to Montreal later or just blow off his meeting there.
    Post edited by DarthMaeglin on
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Apparently Trudeau's due in Toronto for the Raptors celebration. I'm hoping the delay will force him back on his plane (nice carbon footprint...again) to Ottawa for his afternoon meeting,  but there's no media at his later events so I'm not expecting it. It also would have been nice for him to invite the other party leaders to ensure it's non-partisan,  but those pictures wouldn't play as well on the campaign trail.  The guy's more of an opportunist than Drake, lol!

Edit: CBC just mentioned that Scheer is at the event,  as well as Doug Ford, so Trudeau's not the only opportunist,  lol. And Trudeau decided to cut down his carbon footprint by staying here, blowing off a group of Muslim leaders in Ottawa,  new he can fly direct to Montreal later or just blow off his meeting there.
    This was a great read...I thought I shaw Sheer, but only briefly...no surprise the politicians are...look how much handshaking they can do.

2 million plus, my sister who lives in Toronto said subways were shut down, too many people...
    Give Peas A Chance…

This was a great read...I thought I shaw Sheer, but only briefly...no surprise the politicians are...look how much handshaking they can do.

2 million plus, my sister who lives in Toronto said subways were shut down, too many people...
    I'll give Trudeau this, he kept his remarks fairly apolitical (couldn't resist a diversity comment though,  lol).

Glad I stayed home to watch on TV though,  lol. Sad to hear that many kids are being separated from their parents in the crush of the crowd, as well as an apparent shooting incident around the corner from Nathan Phillips Square,  hopefully everything get sorted out. 

I'll give Trudeau this, he kept his remarks fairly apolitical (couldn't resist a diversity comment though,  lol).

Glad I stayed home to watch on TV though,  lol. Sad to hear that many kids are being separated from their parents in the crush of the crowd, as well as an apparent shooting incident around the corner from Nathan Phillips Square,  hopefully everything get sorted out. 
    But why can we not have an event where the pandering politicians show up?  Sometimes I wis politicians would just let us enjoy without them the pandering.  Sorry to hear a lady was shot, I really hope she is fine...man that's too bad about the kids.  I am near the Windsor area, when we were kids my parents took us to the EX every year and the one year I got separated from my parents...they always said go to a police officer if we get separated.  Went to the first cop I found...told him the situation, he bought me some treats and took me to where the lost children were at...an 1/2 hour later we were reunited...but trust me, in the '70s that was scary...
    Give Peas A Chance…

But why can we not have an event where the pandering politicians show up?  Sometimes I wis politicians would just let us enjoy without them the pandering.  Sorry to hear a lady was shot, I really hope she is fine...man that's too bad about the kids.  I am near the Windsor area, when we were kids my parents took us to the EX every year and the one year I got separated from my parents...they always said go to a police officer if we get separated.  Went to the first cop I found...told him the situation, he bought me some treats and took me to where the lost children were at...an 1/2 hour later we were reunited...but trust me, in the '70s that was scary...
    I agree, the only politician that should have been there was John Tory, our (Toronto’s) mayor. I was a bit disappointed the crowd chose to boo Doug Ford (while Trudeau got cheers, I would’ve done the opposite, lol), another reason to keep most politicians away (I wonder if that’s why Ford didn’t speak, lol?).

Overall it looks like it went smoothly and people had a good time, I’m still trying to convince my dad how big this is for the city, and even the country, lol!

I agree, the only politician that should have been there was John Tory, our (Toronto’s) mayor. I was a bit disappointed the crowd chose to boo Doug Ford (while Trudeau got cheers, I would’ve done the opposite, lol), another reason to keep most politicians away (I wonder if that’s why Ford didn’t speak, lol?).

Overall it looks like it went smoothly and people had a good time, I’m still trying to convince my dad how big this is for the city, and even the country, lol!
    You are right John Tory should be there.  He is a popular mayor.  I find it amusing that Ford gets booed and PM Zoolander has yet to say anything about racist Quebec politicians passing 2 controversial bills, imagine if Ford tried that stunt...Trudeau is just a back joke being played on us.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I’m curious why you think Trudeau would be in a position to invite the other party leaders, given that he wasn’t  “hosting” the celebrations.  I wouldn’t think that if anyone was doing the “inviting” it would be the mayor of Toronto.  
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i can not take seriously any politician who thinks the israeli govt's actions against the palestinian people are justified. 
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

I’m curious why you think Trudeau would be in a position to invite the other party leaders, given that he wasn’t  “hosting” the celebrations.  I wouldn’t think that if anyone was doing the “inviting” it would be the mayor of Toronto.  
    You’re right, he might not have been able to get them onstage, however he is the Prime Minister so I’m guessing such a request would have been accommodated (pure speculation, I know, lol).

That said, I still think he and Ford should have just stayed away, I can’t recall any instance of a sitting President attending local sports celebrations, the teams always go to them. And the groups that Trudeau blew off should be bothered by that slight as well, given all he did was give a barely 1 minute “speech”, he came across more like a cheerleader or hype man than he did our head of state. Not as bad as his water-bottle-box-thingy answer though, lol, at least yesterday he was fairly coherent.

You’re right, he might not have been able to get them onstage, however he is the Prime Minister so I’m guessing such a request would have been accommodated (pure speculation, I know, lol).

That said, I still think he and Ford should have just stayed away, I can’t recall any instance of a sitting President attending local sports celebrations, the teams always go to them. And the groups that Trudeau blew off should be bothered by that slight as well, given all he did was give a barely 1 minute “speech”, he came across more like a cheerleader or hype man than he did our head of state. Not as bad as his water-bottle-box-thingy answer though, lol, at least yesterday he was fairly coherent.
    You said he blew off a Muslim group.  That was no accident...The day after Quebec passed those 2 bills, he is not meeting with any Muslim.

You notice if Ford does something that offends the fraud he immediately comments...he is a pussy.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Canadians are worried about climate change, but many don't want to pay taxes to fight it: Poll

http://www.cbc.ca

Yup, us who oppose knows it's just another tax grab...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Yup, us who oppose knows it's just another tax grab...
    I would call it ignorance.

Give Peas A Chance…
    You know that's how they won the last election, right?

Or maybe that's too much nuance. Maybe I can find it in meme form.
    Happy Canada Day, ya band of misfits!
    Happy Canada Day, ya band of misfits!
    You too ya canucklehead.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"