Options

Canadian Politics Redux

Comments

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The NDP are no friends of the working class.. Singh is Trudeau’s bitch and another racist like Trudeau…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    Nami said:
    dignin said:
    Nami said:
    Candice Bergen, new Conservative leader
    Seen a couple YT clips from parliament, looks like a strong opposition leader.
    Yup.

Manitoba Conservative MP Candice Bergen silent on photo showing her wearing MAGA hat

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/candice-bergen-maga-hat-1.5865727

Must've been itching at the finger tips to post that.
    It's not from YouTube, so obviously take it with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    I trust my vaxx and other health measure’s I’ve taken…it obvious you liberal vaxxed have no faith…lmfao. Your fear of the unvaxxed is leading to vaxx hesitancy… 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    You can stop protesting algebra says you can…lmfao.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,720
    and why does he need to show stats? those are all over the place. they aren't "his claims". the science backs it. I can't believe this has to be said. 
    Don't listen to Justin Trudeau about vaccine efficiency.    Listen to Jason Kenney. 
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,130
    The NDP are no friends of the working class.. Singh is Trudeau’s bitch and another racist like Trudeau…
    I trust my vaxx and other health measure’s I’ve taken…it obvious you liberal vaxxed have no faith…lmfao. Your fear of the unvaxxed is leading to vaxx hesitancy… 
    so much nonsensical bullshit....so little time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I'm getting a large whiff of desperation. 
    no shit. when one "librul" acts like an ass, the entire party/half the country is dragged down with him. but nazis? nah, just fake news. 
    Not fake news, but blown out of proportion. Do we now say that the sight of Soviet imagery means an entire protest endorses mass murder? Because that’s pretty much what this is. The Prime Minister only said “some” protesters once today.

Or do you have proof that it was more than a couple idiots who apparently didn’t hang around too long? I’m happy to be proven wrong on this (well, not happy but prepared to be, lol). I’m not asking for images to be shared.
    Does it matter?

The trucker rally lost the PR war. They might have survived those images but hanging around Ottawa and holding that city hostage was the nail in the coffin for the movement. That and blocking a border.

Any goodwill they had with the casual observer dissipated. I had some of my own family members excited about it, until they saw the images and the truckers over stayed their welcome.

Most movements without central leadership goes this way. With no focus or clear singular motive they are easy to be co-opted and framed in a bad light.

That's me trying to be charitable, because I really believe the people who organized the rally in the first place did not have good intentions. There is plenty of evidence out there about the dark underbelly at the core of the movement. As hard as they tried to hide it, it still peeked through.
    Maybe it doesn’t matter, but I guess I’ll never stop thinking that it should. And I’ll become further fearful of the tyranny of the mob I see at play here (not here specifically, obviously, lol).
    You better believe it matters.  People who may have felt isolated or alone in their opinions now know they are not alone…don’t let anyone tell you different…msm has no interest in balance…imo
    Of course they're not alone.  PPC got over 800,000 votes.  4.6 %   That's a lot of people. Kudos.  Not enough to form a government. Not enough to pass laws. Not enough to run a social democracy. Even their party leader lost his own riding. Freedom Convoy is everything PPC represented. 

They are akin to toddlers throwing a fit because they didn't get their way. You had the chance for change during the election. Better luck next time. 

Do us all a favour though... if you think Canada stinks so bad, leave. It is disrespectful to fly the flag upside down, I don't care who's in power. It is disrespectful and completely without class to write "FUCK TRUDEAU" on your trucks and on your flags. I can't speak for swastikas and bad actors in Ottawa because I'm not there and I'm smart enough not to swallow everything media feeds me.  But I'm seeing these levels of disrespect myself in my community. Grow up.  You are a minority... the election proves that... not the amount of people on an overpass or in front of the parliament buildings. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    I'm getting a large whiff of desperation. 
    no shit. when one "librul" acts like an ass, the entire party/half the country is dragged down with him. but nazis? nah, just fake news. 
    Not fake news, but blown out of proportion. Do we now say that the sight of Soviet imagery means an entire protest endorses mass murder? Because that’s pretty much what this is. The Prime Minister only said “some” protesters once today.

Or do you have proof that it was more than a couple idiots who apparently didn’t hang around too long? I’m happy to be proven wrong on this (well, not happy but prepared to be, lol). I’m not asking for images to be shared.
    Does it matter?

The trucker rally lost the PR war. They might have survived those images but hanging around Ottawa and holding that city hostage was the nail in the coffin for the movement. That and blocking a border.

Any goodwill they had with the casual observer dissipated. I had some of my own family members excited about it, until they saw the images and the truckers over stayed their welcome.

Most movements without central leadership goes this way. With no focus or clear singular motive they are easy to be co-opted and framed in a bad light.

That's me trying to be charitable, because I really believe the people who organized the rally in the first place did not have good intentions. There is plenty of evidence out there about the dark underbelly at the core of the movement. As hard as they tried to hide it, it still peeked through.
    Maybe it doesn’t matter, but I guess I’ll never stop thinking that it should. And I’ll become further fearful of the tyranny of the mob I see at play here (not here specifically, obviously, lol).
    You better believe it matters.  People who may have felt isolated or alone in their opinions now know they are not alone…don’t let anyone tell you different…msm has no interest in balance…imo
    Of course they're not alone.  PPC got over 800,000 votes.  4.6 %   That's a lot of people. Kudos.  Not enough to form a government. Not enough to pass laws. Not enough to run a social democracy. Even their party leader lost his own riding. Freedom Convoy is everything PPC represented. 

They are akin to toddlers throwing a fit because they didn't get their way. You had the chance for change during the election. Better luck next time. 

Do us all a favour though... if you think Canada stinks so bad, leave. It is disrespectful to fly the flag upside down, I don't care who's in power. It is disrespectful and completely without class to write "FUCK TRUDEAU" on your trucks and on your flags. I can't speak for swastikas and bad actors in Ottawa because I'm not there and I'm smart enough not to swallow everything media feeds me.  But I'm seeing these levels of disrespect myself in my community. Grow up.  You are a minority... the election proves that... not the amount of people on an overpass or in front of the parliament buildings. 
    very well said
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Ok, a serious question for all the pro-mandate people here. Where does it stop? How far will you deem too far? Your open condescension isn’t proving particularly effective.

I’ll also suggest/ask that if these vaccines are so good and necessary, why hasn’t Trudeau shown leadership and enacted a full mandate for all citizens, coast-to-coast-to-coast?
    Any law or mandate to me is based on the totality of the circumstances.  

Beyond Ontario and Canada... looking internationally I understood that this global pandemic was bad. To keep things basic here. As the evolving information came out, I began to understand that this was a virus that spread through droplets and in the air.  Thus, masks made sense. I then started to understand that people were getting very sick and some were dying. Stopping the spread made sense.  Thus, limiting gatherings and keeping people away from one another made sense.  When the vaccines rolled out, I started to learn that it was effective.  The virus had been mutating and continued to spread and we couldn't lock people down, so the vaccine really really made sense. 

COVID mandates make sense to me.  In many ways, I don't like that it's politicians making health decisions in the face of a pandemic... but here we are. Most mandates that didn't make sense to me were because they either weren't enforced enough or they were non sensical.  For example: allowing Wal-Mart and CostCo to operate while small businesses couldn't made no sense. But I wasn't on the side of "Hey, open the small businesses, that's not fair!"  I was on the stance of "Limit these boxed stores or close them as well!" 

I've said this a few times... that we needed the government to draw up these mandates speaks volumes to how stupid we all are. 

To me this applies for most if not any law or mandate.  Guns for example. How I feel about gun laws in Canada right now may differ next month if someone uses a legal gun to kill 30 kids. Totality of the circumstances. 

Everyone has their levels of tolerance.  In my entire adult life, I've never seen a law or mandate enacted municipally, provincially, federally that I thought was over reaching. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    At the risk of calling you out for... well, being you... 

How exactly do you equate this video of a mourning woman to liberal policies?  

I've seen some comments on here about federal mandates... but myself and quite literally everyone I know personally has been affected personally by provincial (Conservative) mandates. 

Whether it's you or the Freedom Convoy...  I'll listen to your argument when it comes even remotely close to making sense. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Parksy said:
    At the risk of calling you out for... well, being you... 

How exactly do you equate this video of a mourning woman to liberal policies?  

I've seen some comments on here about federal mandates... but myself and quite literally everyone I know personally has been affected personally by provincial (Conservative) mandates. 

Whether it's you or the Freedom Convoy...  I'll listen to your argument when it comes even remotely close to making sense. 
    You'll be waitin' a while, Parksy. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignin said:
    just a few bad apples, remember, dignin. 

but when one liberal steps out of line, it's half the country that are to blame. 
    What do we know? We're all deep in the Trudeau cult. I know I pray for his hair every morning.

I wonder how excited these flu trux klan supporters would be to have these degenerates come to their home, block their streets and honk all hours of the night. 

I'm sure they would be thrilled.
    I keep a lock of his hair under my pillow every night. Makes me feel safe and secure. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    I dream of him speaking moistly to me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I dream of him speaking moistly to me. 
    lol
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
    Listening to Bergen and Freeland debate in the house leaves me once again with the belief that our politicians are hot garbage. 

Liberals and Conservatives.  Avoiding questions. Avoiding responsibilities. Avoiding their jobs to be honest. 
    Toronto 2000
    Boston I&II 2004
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    The convoy is erecting a soup kitchen to feed people without taxpayer money…some of you folks could learn a thing or two about self reliance from truckers….or is it to easy to have taxpayers pay for your kids, especially when most of you can afford to pay for your lifestyle.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Truckers moving into Quebec City to protest, this weekend Toronto…maybe the gun violence will now stop …
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Because liberals like nosy busy bodies. This is none of the governments business. Go check out blm or others then. For fuck sake Canada has become a nosy country. It starts with the 2 year olds masquerading as adults running around yelling out their vaccine status…soon you’ll start announcing a bowel movement..
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,996
    Call me naive, but I somehow thought Canada was above this nonsense:

Ottawa protests: tensions grow as ‘intolerable’ truck blockade paralyzes Canada capital

Does movement against vaccine mandates herald Canada’s tea party moment?

Canada’s tea party moment???

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

A night with the untouchables

https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

keep reading msm…

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

A night with the untouchables

https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/

As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens.

keep reading msm…

Because they’ve been so oppressed? Give me a break. Spoiled westerners haven’t a fucking clue what oppression and denial of “rights,” looks or feels like. A revolution led by social media manipulators looking for a cause. Or an excuse. “Lockdowns?” Sure. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
  • Options
    We elect the dumbest people…she has no integrity like her boss…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    That’s pretty obvious now…

Give Peas A Chance…