***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    We could agree that both W and Trump are equally as bad, just in different ways...and they are both worst...just hard to believe 2 of the worst presidents happened so close together and one got a 2nd term, and one still may...
    Bush getting a second term is in ways, to me, even more weird than Trump being elected.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Weird thing is ten years later for some reason I have forgiven W and have really changed my opinion of him.  Maybe it is because of all his charity work.
    Forgiving W for slaughtering 100.000+ people illegally and without a just reason.
    I get what you're saying but you have to remember, the man had no power.  He was a puppet.  Those who pulled the strings did the killing.
    W was elected, he was accountable to the electorate.  Those other clowns were not elected, they were appointed.  W is pure evil and is a war criminal...as POTUS he had the final say...
    In theory, yes. 
    Afghanistan was definitely 9/11 related (and I agree about Saudi Arabia, but we have a f'ed up relationship with them). Iraq was Cheney's baby (he was pulling the puppet strings along with Rumsfield but Bush had to declare, actually Congress declared that war and that vote has covered all of our military interventions ever since). Cheney used the VP's office like no one else has. He had a lot of power and was driven to do things that were not in our best interest, they were in his interest. They benefited his view of the world and benefited his bank account. 

They felt that Poppy Bush should have 'finished off' Saddam Hussein back when Iraq invaded Kuwait and we helped Kuwait get Iraq out. They felt that by showing restraint back in 1991 that Poppy Bush had wimped out. And there was talk of an assassination plot against him too. Cheney felt that this was the perfect opportunity to do what he believed should have been done to Hussein back in 1991 and so they made up the WMD stuff.

Not only did turning our attention to Iraq completely ruin our effort to get Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and the Taliban in Afghanistan, but by killing Hussein, who was a despicable leader but that wasn't our business, that began the destabilization of the Middle East. He was a horrible dictator but we had no business invading Iraq and he kept a balance between the different 'tribes' and we messed that all up with a war that was criminal. 

When Obama came into office, he could have held hearings about Iraq and found the administration criminally responsible for torture and Guantanamo's illegal presence and the Iraq war crimes, but Obama had run on Hope and Change and decided not to look backward and to focus on the future. And we can see how the Republicans rewarded his gracious gesture.  Obstruction. The Republicans are always plotting and the Dems are always trying to negotiate and the Repubs eat the Dems lunch every time. 

Something has got to give because, Pelosi knows this situation is unconstitutional and dangerous and unacceptable and just freaking crazy and I believe she knows how to thread this needle. Trump wants impeachment so he can be a victim so Pelosi is holding the Dems together and doing what needs to be done methodically. I want something done now, because everyday another norm is destroyed and people begin to accept this abnormal behavior as normal. I don't even know how we can go back, but it needs to be done soon or our democracy will be ruined for I don't know how long. I trust she knows what she is doing. Experience is important at this crucial time and she is damn good at her job. Fingers and toes crossed.

That one book has the perfect title 'Trump destroys everything he touches'. I can't believe freaking Trump is President and has a cult following, this is insane. 

It does make W look like a goofy ex president with the daily tweet storms and daily abuse of power. Trump is exhausting in his behavior.W's presidency was infuriating but  the bad deeds were exposed slower, we had time to digest each of the bad deeds. Now we have our heads spinning as Trump distracts us from what we need to be focussing on. And there is just SO MUCH abuse, it is information overload, as intended. 
    Iraq had made a deal with China and Russia about oil and exclusive rights, this was the reason for the WMD stories.  China and Russia have long been known for wanting to knock the dollar off of oil pricing and this was a step in that direction.

Little dark secrets.

Trump wants a war with Iran or so says the magazine The Nation.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    did we ever decide if it's "plead" or "plea"?
    I always thought that you "plead guilty", but that the declaration of guilt is a "guilty plea". 
    No, you pleaded guilty. Not pled (definitely not plead). Grammatically, pleaded is correct. The incorrect usage - pled - is commonly used even though it's considered incorrect by whoever determines what correct grammar is, lol. The "guilty plea" part is correct.
    Sorry PJ_Soul, should've clarified my tenses. What I meant to say is in the future you "plead guilty", in the past you have "pleaded guilty". It's one of those words that looks weird to me in writing no matter how you cut it!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    benjs said:
    did we ever decide if it's "plead" or "plea"?
    I always thought that you "plead guilty", but that the declaration of guilt is a "guilty plea". 
    No, you pleaded guilty. Not pled (definitely not plead). Grammatically, pleaded is correct. The incorrect usage - pled - is commonly used even though it's considered incorrect by whoever determines what correct grammar is, lol. The "guilty plea" part is correct.
    Sorry PJ_Soul, should've clarified my tenses. What I meant to say is in the future you "plead guilty", in the past you have "pleaded guilty". It's one of those words that looks weird to me in writing no matter how you cut it!
    :lol: I sincerely neglected to even consider plead in the present tense verb form, so I'm the one who's sorry! :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    We could agree that both W and Trump are equally as bad, just in different ways...and they are both worst...just hard to believe 2 of the worst presidents happened so close together and one got a 2nd term, and one still may...
    Bush getting a second term is in ways, to me, even more weird than Trump being elected.
    Wars give incumbents a big bump. That’s why there’s a high likelihood trump will start one with Iran, and Bolton sure as hey isn’t going to miss this opportunity.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wars give incumbents a big bump. That’s why there’s a high likelihood trump will start one with Iran, and Bolton sure as hey isn’t going to miss this opportunity.  
    See the thing about the Iran issue is interesting. By all accounts that nuclear deal was working. His own administration said so. All of these problems have arisen after he left the deal. So I think a war with Iran would backfire on him politically....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    See the thing about the Iran issue is interesting. By all accounts that nuclear deal was working. His own administration said so. All of these problems have arisen after he left the deal. So I think a war with Iran would backfire on him politically....
    I suppose it depends on how hard they went at it. Bombing the crap out of the country is one thing, but having troops on the ground sends a lot of the country into some patriotic trance where you’re not able to question the president. 

I suppose it depends on how hard they went at it. Bombing the crap out of the country is one thing, but having troops on the ground sends a lot of the country into some patriotic trance where you’re not able to question the president. 

Have a feeling it will be different with this particular president....except for roughly 30% of the voting public of course
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    On Pod Save America they had an interesting take on how warfare might not be able to drive public opinion as easily anymore, and that's because of drone warfare. The fact that wars can now happen from safe distances (for those doing the attacking), and the fact that wars typically drive public opinion because of the cost of American lives (and not other nations' lives) means that the political impact could become less as wars become more and more remotely operated. Since Canada and the States typically value 'strength' over 'empathy' (or as I personally think of them, masculine nations), war will still likely produce bumps for incumbents, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it produce a smaller rise than in prior war situations.

As for the fact that the nuclear deal was working, when people have great memories for their side's victories and the other side's failures, and horrendous (practically non-functional) memories for the other side's victories and their side's failures - I'm not sure the history, origins or evolution of situations that produced failures for Trump will be remembered enough to be impactful on his base's numbers.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    brianlux said:
    Can someone explain what the fuck they are waiting for?  Just start the process already.  Do it for YOUR country...quit worrying about YOUR political future.
    Start what?  It's not going to happen.  Nothing was proven.   Have enough money and you can get away with anything.  We would do well to face up to the fact that we are stuck with him until 2020 and focus our energy on finding one good, qualified candidate that can win in 2020.  I think anything else is a waste of time and energy.
    All those DA's signed a letter stating TRUMP OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE...how is that OK?

It isn't okay.   But....the Senate would never impeach, so the house impeachment accomplishes very little.   I'm not so sure it hurts the Democrats in 2020 but it could.  I don't think impeachment helps the Democrats though in winning the 2020 election.  If you want the Dems to impeach you certainly aren't going to be voting for Trump in 2020.  I think the issue of impeaching or not could drive a wedge in the Democratic party and its candidates.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    "THE FIELD"
    brianlux said:
    Can someone explain what the fuck they are waiting for?  Just start the process already.  Do it for YOUR country...quit worrying about YOUR political future.
    Start what?  It's not going to happen.  Nothing was proven.   Have enough money and you can get away with anything.  We would do well to face up to the fact that we are stuck with him until 2020 and focus our energy on finding one good, qualified candidate that can win in 2020.  I think anything else is a waste of time and energy.
    All those DA's signed a letter stating TRUMP OBSTRUCTED JUSTICE...how is that OK?

It isn't okay.   But....the Senate would never impeach, so the house impeachment accomplishes very little.   I'm not so sure it hurts the Democrats in 2020 but it could.  I don't think impeachment helps the Democrats though in winning the 2020 election.  If you want the Dems to impeach you certainly aren't going to be voting for Trump in 2020.  I think the issue of impeaching or not could drive a wedge in the Democratic party and its candidates.

Of course now, all those senators won't have to have a vote against impeachment (i.e., for Trump) attached to them.  They're being let off the hook.  I don't want to see the House assume the Senate will back Trump.  I want them to force the Senators to back Trump.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Just because the Senate fails to its job, does not mean Congress has to follow them...and maybe an impeachment hearing could force Donald to quit...can only hope.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Just because the Senate fails to its job, does not mean Congress has to follow them...and maybe an impeachment hearing could force Donald to quit...can only hope.
    he won't quit, impeachment or not. being "fully exonerated" by the senate would just embolden him and his base. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

Of course now, all those senators won't have to have a vote against impeachment (i.e., for Trump) attached to them.  They're being let off the hook.  I don't want to see the House assume the Senate will back Trump.  I want them to force the Senators to back Trump.
    Plus, 2/3 of the senate isn’t up for re-election and if the dems make a strong case in the trial, you might pick up a few votes. And those up for re-election? Make it a campaign issue. Is obstruction of justice what Tom “I’m a Warrior, Hear Me Roar” Cotton fought for in Iraq? Did he fight for leadership qualities more akin to Saddam Hussein or those of Team Mueller? Voters in Arkansas want to know.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

Plus, 2/3 of the senate isn’t up for re-election and if the dems make a strong case in the trial, you might pick up a few votes. And those up for re-election? Make it a campaign issue. Is obstruction of justice what Tom “I’m a Warrior, Hear Me Roar” Cotton fought for in Iraq? Did he fight for leadership qualities more akin to Saddam Hussein or those of Team Mueller? Voters in Arkansas want to know.
    they vote for "the ends justify the means". that's all that matters now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

But is that all that matters to the voters?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

But is that all that matters to the voters?
    I think for a lot of people, it actually does.  it's how trump got elected. in the past, grabbing them by the poozay would not be acceptable behavior, never mind electable. same with roy moore. and kavanaugh. they don't give a fuck about the means. it's the ends. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Brilliantati©
    how can you base impeachment on things that don't implicate trump at all?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Obstruction of justice in the absence of a crime is still a crime. Impeding an investigation into a crime, whether the crime was committed or not, is a crime. Seems we have repub members of Congress who sold their souls. No wonder Lindsey’s in a lather. And he’s a lawyer too. Shame.

Brilliantati©
    Obstruction of justice in the absence of a crime is still a crime. Impeding an investigation into a crime, whether the crime was committed or not, is a crime. Seems we have repub members of Congress who sold their souls. No wonder Lindsey’s in a lather. And he’s a lawyer too. Shame.
    i know that. that's not what i asked. there is no mention of trump's involvement in the story you linked to. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i know that. that's not what i asked. there is no mention of trump's involvement in the story you linked to. 
    Then I suggest you read the Team Mueller report and specifically Volume II where it explains the legal basis for obstruction of justice. Do you think Team Trump Treason is a dupe in all of this, not knowing or being kept abreast of what others were doing and saying on his behalf? “Members of Congress.” Let that sink in.

Brilliantati©
    let that sink in. lol. i'm aware of it. just has nothing to do with your post. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Then I suggest you read the Team Mueller report and specifically Volume II where it explains the legal basis for obstruction of justice. Do you think Team Trump Treason is a dupe in all of this, not knowing or being kept abreast of what others were doing and saying on his behalf? “Members of Congress.” Let that sink in.
    Gotta be Jim Jordan in there somwhere
    chinese-happy.jpg
    let that sink in. lol. i'm aware of it. just has nothing to do with your post. 
    LOL.

Brilliantati©
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    You say that Congress has evidence to impeach.  Yet,  they do not impeach.  LMFAO.  Congress is just as incompetent as your POTUS.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited May 2019
    You say that Congress has evidence to impeach.  Yet,  they do not impeach.  LMFAO.  Congress is just as incompetent as your POTUS.
    They're incompetent because they're not impeaching on your preferred time frame? Has it occurred to you that they might just be building their way up to that point but it might be hard to do when the White House is doing everything they can to stonewall and prevent them from seeing documents and subpoenaing witnesses in to testify?

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Team Trump Treason is not my POTUS. Putin on the ritz’s, for sure, but not mine.

Brilliantati©
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Team Trump Treason is not my POTUS. Putin on the ritz’s, for sure, but not mine.

Sounding like a liberal, message-board equivalent of Hannity.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/12/sean_hannity_obamas_not_my_president.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Sounding like a liberal, message-board equivalent of Hannity.....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/12/sean_hannity_obamas_not_my_president.html
    Did the Russians work to elect Obama?