***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited January 2020

Agency: No cause to review Trump Jr. hunting adventure

The president's son reportedly bagged a rare sheep in Mongolia and got permits after the fact

There is “no basis” to further review allegations Donald Trump Jr. may have illegally hunted an imperiled wild sheep in Mongolia over the summer, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Friday.

The agency had been "in the process of reviewing" concerns raised by an environmental group earlier this week after ProPublica reported Trump Jr. killed a rare argali sheep while visiting Mongolia. 

According to ProPublica, the Mongolian government gave him a permit to hunt the sheep after he left the country, which the news outlet described as “unusual.”  

https://www.rollcall.com/news/whitehouse/agency-sees-no-cause-review-trump-jr-hunting-adventure

Hunter Biden isn't the problem.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    ikiT said:
    RYME said:
    Comments like that are fucking crazy.  And the reason why many (not all) on your side have no credibility and why nobody listens to you outside of your snow flake bubble that you are afraid to venture out of.
    Truth is not a left wing value.
    The left lies with the ease with which we breathe, every time you exhale you lie.

I live right on the Chesapeake Bay.  I could throw a rock into the water from my front yard.  I walk my dog to shotgun compressions all morning during duck hunting season.  They float their boats out there, lay out decoys, wait for the ducks to approach, then they blast them.  According to my side  (made up of nothing but lefty members of the National Organization for Women, the ACLU, and the official Chris Cuomo fan club) that shit is cowardly and pathetic, but probably a great way to get your Miller Lite flowing at 6am.

Not a lie.  Not a talking point.  

You only use your guns for defense and hunting.  Others may use guns for crimes like robberies and murders.  Others still may say the Amended Constitution says in the interest of a well regulated militia, the right to own firearms shouldn't be infringed.

So it's either, I'm scared or I want to follow an animal around and shoot it, or I'm up to no good, or I care about following the US Constitution to the fucking letter.  Which one is it?
    “Miller Light. Now that’s a beer. I could piss in a cup right now, hand it to this guy, and he wouldn’t even know the difference.”

I think that was the quote, lol.
    I like American beer, though. Budweiser to be exact.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,142
    Unredacted FOIA'd emails from Budget and Defense dept officials that show internal concern over Ukrainian aid being withheld. Again, I realize it's not video of Trump personally taking a briefcase of money and sitting on it, but there's info that I think continues to fill out the picture. A key paragraph:

The documents reveal growing concern from Pentagon officials that the hold would violate the Impoundment Control Act, which requires the executive branch to spend money as appropriated by Congress, and that the necessary steps to avoid this result weren’t being taken. Those steps would include notifying Congress that the funding was being held or shifted elsewhere, a step that was never taken. The emails also show that no rationale was ever given for why the hold was put in place or why it was eventually lifted. 

The point of the last sentence being the White House didn't even bother circulating rationale alternate to "willingness to investigate Joe Biden" while all this was happening. 

https://www.justsecurity.org/67863/exclusive-unredacted-ukraine-documents-reveal-extent-of-pentagons-legal-concerns/
  • Miller lite.

tastes great!! less filling!!!

i remember when our debates were so much less nuanced, haha
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Tastes like shit, less filling IMO
    If I had to choose a Miller beer, I’m going with High Life.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• RYMERYME Posts: 1,904
    2020 is going to be a great year.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    ikiT said:
    RYME said:
    Comments like that are fucking crazy.  And the reason why many (not all) on your side have no credibility and why nobody listens to you outside of your snow flake bubble that you are afraid to venture out of.
    Truth is not a left wing value.
    The left lies with the ease with which we breathe, every time you exhale you lie.

I live right on the Chesapeake Bay.  I could throw a rock into the water from my front yard.  I walk my dog to shotgun compressions all morning during duck hunting season.  They float their boats out there, lay out decoys, wait for the ducks to approach, then they blast them.  According to my side  (made up of nothing but lefty members of the National Organization for Women, the ACLU, and the official Chris Cuomo fan club) that shit is cowardly and pathetic, but probably a great way to get your Miller Lite flowing at 6am.

Not a lie.  Not a talking point.  

You only use your guns for defense and hunting.  Others may use guns for crimes like robberies and murders.  Others still may say the Amended Constitution says in the interest of a well regulated militia, the right to own firearms shouldn't be infringed.

So it's either, I'm scared or I want to follow an animal around and shoot it, or I'm up to no good, or I care about following the US Constitution to the fucking letter.  Which one is it?

We have the same nonsense around here regarding deer and turkey.

Deer hunting:  Deer here are as common as flies.  We see them lying dead in the road all the time.  The truth is, it is not "deer hunting", it is "deer eradication" and should be labeled such if we were honest about it.  And it is something that would not be necessary were it not for the fact that we've killed and chased off most of their natural predators.  Instead of giving some yahoo with a gun the possibly of simply maiming the poor critter, I think it would make more sense to re-introduce predators.

Turkey Hunting:  Could there be anything more ludicrous?  There are whole books written on how to "hunt turkeys".  For God's sake, they are a peaceful, slow moving bird that, given a little time and patience will literally eat right out of your hand.  Someone need a book on how to blast one of those poor suckers with a gun?  WTF?  And besides, they taste awful-  I was feed wild turkey as a kid once.  I say, leave the poor critters alone.  Maybe even instate them in their proper position as National Bird where they rightfully belong (Eagles are great, but turkeys are far more ubiquitous a bird of North America).

Hunting in this day and age is moistly bullshit.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    edited January 2020
    RYME said:
    Couldn't agree more. Impeached Trump will be voted out of office and face legal troubles the rest of his life until his health fully fails from living a horrible lifestyle and being a greedy shmuck who gladly duped 60 million plus people. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Couldn't agree more. Impeached Trump will be voted out of office and face legal troubles the rest of his life until his health fully fails from living a horrible lifestyle and being a greedy shmuck who gladly duped 60 million plus people. 
    That all sounds nice. But how I think it'll go down is Impeached Trump will not be voted out of office, he'll be re-elected as President in November, and nearly everyone here will complain about it for four more years.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    That all sounds nice. But how I think it'll go down is Impeached Trump will not be voted out of office, he'll be re-elected as President in November, and nearly everyone here will complain about it for four more years.
    Well that'll give us something to do at least. 
  • mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Well hopefully there's actual Pearl Jam stuff to talk about in 2020 so that Trump can be on the backburner. An album, a North American tour, something to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary....anything. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Agreed. I feel a sense of optimism I have not felt in the last 4 or 5 years
    www.myspace.com
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    Well hopefully there's actual Pearl Jam stuff to talk about in 2020 so that Trump can be on the backburner. An album, a North American tour, something to celebrate the band's 30th anniversary....anything. 
    I'm ready for some east coast GA.   
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,561
    edited January 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    As much as I love Pearl Jam, anything they do pales in comparison to the horrendous shit this asshole is able to do on a daily basis that will impact this country and the world for years to come.

I'm a pessisimist, but no way this guy gets the miracle slim wins he got in those flipped states in 2016. Do you think his support, has grown or even stayed the same? All of those "swing" voters that voted against Hillary just because they hated her won't have the same luxury of using that excuse, as lame as it was in the first place. Sure, lots of supporters hiding in the shadows, but no more than those that already came out and voted last time. He got his max voting results in 2016. No way he clears 60 million again.
    It's a hopeless situation...

• Rumored dates for the boys to play in the Spring.  Hopefully this is true....
  • tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:
    As much as I love Pearl Jam, anything they do pales in comparison to the horrendous shit this asshole is able to do on a daily basis that will impact this country and the world for years to come.

I'm a pessisimist, but no way this guy gets the miracle slim wins he got in those flipped states in 2016. Do you think his support, has grown or even stayed the same? All of those "swing" voters that voted against Hillary just because they hated her won't have the same luxury of using that excuse, as lame as it was in the first place. Sure, lots of supporters hiding in the shadows, but no more than those that already came out and voted last time. He got his max voting results in 2016. No way he clears 60 million again.
    I think he wins by a larger margin this time, like Bush in 2004. For all her faults, I think Hillary was a much better candidate than whoever the 2020 Dem is going to be.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Rumored dates for the boys to play in the Spring.  Hopefully this is true....
    Let me be the first to say: "great post!" Here's to hoping it is confirmed soon!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

• Rumored dates for the boys to play in the Spring.  Hopefully this is true....
    Let me be the first to say: "great post!" Here's to hoping it is confirmed soon!
    Seems a little short-notice for there a March 18th show with nothing announced yet as of January 2nd. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Seems a little short-notice for there a March 18th show with nothing announced yet as of January 2nd. 
    There is a 170 page NA tour rumour thread on the Porch, if you want the exhaustive (and exhausting) version of this. Dates/locations semi-confirmed by Dimi and some others who may or may not be in the know. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    edited January 2020
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:

I think he wins by a larger margin this time, like Bush in 2004. For all her faults, I think Hillary was a much better candidate than whoever the 2020 Dem is going to be.
    Bush's pre Iraq war ceiling was 58%. Trump's is 43%. That explains why Bush had a chance of doing better in '04.

No shot in hell Trump builds his base anywhere close to that. He's lucky to keep it the same. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,097

This is almost exactly the timing of a few years back - European summer announced the prior November, then NA announced in January. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

#LFG
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:

I think tbergs is right, I don't see Trump clearing more votes this time and I'm fairly confident the Democratic candidate, no matter who he or she is, will get more votes than Hillary did.  The reason for my thinking that is that Hillary herself would have gotten more votes if:

a) those who would have voted for her had thought she had it in the bag and stayed home would have instead gotten out and voting and,

b) because I think more people will realize that not voting for a Dem means 4 more years of Trump and Trump has a terrible approval rating.

Another reason I believe Trump will get fewer votes and the Dem candidate more  is because more older people have died off and Trump did better with older people.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:

well he lost by 3 million votes in the popular vote so for him to win by a larger margin means he will have to win more states this time around for the electoral college.  I don't see how that is possible.  i mean how many people who didn't vote for him in 2016 are going to vote for him in 2020? is it possible he has gained any votes? agree the Dem candidates suck though.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,348

No Boston or philly shows?  Seems unlikely. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    edited January 2020

pjhawks said:
    well he lost by 3 million votes in the popular vote so for him to win by a larger margin means he will have to win more states this time around for the electoral college.  I don't see how that is possible.  i mean how many people who didn't vote for him in 2016 are going to vote for him in 2020? is it possible he has gained any votes? agree the Dem candidates suck though.

Especially after 2018 votes against Trump.  Most Indys and anti-Hilary Dems Bernie Bros have come to their senses and won't abstain or vote for the Orange Stain this time around.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    mrussel1 said:

No Boston or philly shows?  Seems unlikely. 
    boston and philly in the fall
  • tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:

Bush's pre Iraq war ceiling was 58%. Trump's is 43%. That explains why Bush had a chance of doing better in '04.

No shot in hell Trump builds his base anywhere close to that. He's lucky to keep it the same. 
    Well the point I'm trying to make (but didn't actually articulate it) is about the opponent, not the incumbent. As bad as Bush seemed, I think a lot of people just liked him more than they like Kerry. I think the 2020 Dem might be in a similar position. We know Trump's base loves him to death. Are any of the Dems going to get similar support based on what they bring to the table? Or do they just expect to win because Trump is so awful? Like, Obama seemed pretty loved. Hillary? "Eh, well, I guess I'll vote for her. She's the democrat." And that was Hillary with all her resources and know-how. These 2020 Dems seem like second-stringers compared to her. 

On a sidebar, I've noticed over the past few months that you're really, really in polls. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't on the board much around 2016 (and probably not on AET at all) so I have to ask: were you expecting Trump to win in 2016 based on the polls beginning around say late 2015? 

I knew Trump was going to win in 2016. The only person that can corroberate this is my father who I bet $20 that summer that Trump would win (calm down everyone, I still voted for Queen Hillary).  But how I came to that conclusion was based simply on a drive from Philly to Scranton, Scranton to Pittsburgh, and then back to Philly. I counted political signs on those drives. The final tally? 49 Donald Trump signs, 2 Hillary Clinton signs. I thought if rural Pennsylvania is all about Trump, why not rural Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, etc? 

Now I'm not trying to say that they should do away with polling and everyone should drive in a huge triangle around their state looking at signs. I just think between small sample sizes (isn't a typical presidential poll only 1,000 people?), people not being forthcoming with who they'll vote for (I contend there were a lot of Trump supporters in 2016 that wouldn't admit it because they didn't want to be made fun of for it), and the fact that most people look at national polls when really they should be focusing on like 9 states and few particular districts within them, widens the margin of error even larger than it's been deemed to be. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Mason-Dixon poll of Florida showing net favorables of Trump vs. top Democrats. Not exactly the sort of stuff that would warrant this unbridled optimism. I don't think Democrats have had an honest introspection post-2016, so put that at the top of your list if November doesn't turn out as you hope.

tbergs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    RYME said:

Well the point I'm trying to make (but didn't actually articulate it) is about the opponent, not the incumbent. As bad as Bush seemed, I think a lot of people just liked him more than they like Kerry. I think the 2020 Dem might be in a similar position. We know Trump's base loves him to death. Are any of the Dems going to get similar support based on what they bring to the table? Or do they just expect to win because Trump is so awful? Like, Obama seemed pretty loved. Hillary? "Eh, well, I guess I'll vote for her. She's the democrat." And that was Hillary with all her resources and know-how. These 2020 Dems seem like second-stringers compared to her. 

On a sidebar, I've noticed over the past few months that you're really, really in polls. Nothing wrong with that. I wasn't on the board much around 2016 (and probably not on AET at all) so I have to ask: were you expecting Trump to win in 2016 based on the polls beginning around say late 2015? 

I knew Trump was going to win in 2016. The only person that can corroberate this is my father who I bet $20 that summer that Trump would win (calm down everyone, I still voted for Queen Hillary).  But how I came to that conclusion was based simply on a drive from Philly to Scranton, Scranton to Pittsburgh, and then back to Philly. I counted political signs on those drives. The final tally? 49 Donald Trump signs, 2 Hillary Clinton signs. I thought if rural Pennsylvania is all about Trump, why not rural Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, etc? 

Now I'm not trying to say that they should do away with polling and everyone should drive in a huge triangle around their state looking at signs. I just think between small sample sizes (isn't a typical presidential poll only 1,000 people?), people not being forthcoming with who they'll vote for (I contend there were a lot of Trump supporters in 2016 that wouldn't admit it because they didn't want to be made fun of for it), and the fact that most people look at national polls when really they should be focusing on like 9 states and few particular districts within them, widens the margin of error even larger than it's been deemed to be. 

Most polls you'd see were national polls and Clinton won the popular vote by about what was projected. I think I've read that it's tough to do state-by-state polling for sampling reasons. Or maybe cost? Either way, if you're really trying to divine the electoral college results, that's the data you'd want.