EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    WELP. The follow up to the greatest round of my life takes place in a few hours. I'm guessing I will be 20 strokes higher. haha.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    WELP. The follow up to the greatest round of my life takes place in a few hours. I'm guessing I will be 20 strokes higher. haha.....
    Nah, man...79!  

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    This is good. Lower the expectations and you will play better.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    My best rounds are when I go out with no expectations. Although, I also play better when I play with someone better than me. I focus more and the competitive juices start flowing. Golf is such a great game. 
    Boom. 84. The golf world is officially on notice. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Boom. 84. The golf world is officially on notice. 
    Nice
    Bummer... regressing.
    Bummer... regressing.
    Regressed on the back 9. Actually was just 2 over at the turn (37). 

The fact that I didn’t play my best and still shot a low number (for me) is pretty encouraging. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bummer... regressing.

The fact that I didn’t play my best and still shot a low number (for me) is pretty encouraging. 
    That is really cool.  Early in the season too.  Keep it going!  Work on the short game.
    edited May 2019
    Bummer... regressing.

That is really cool.  Early in the season too.  Keep it going!  Work on the short game.
    Only had 30 putts yesterday. 

Yeah this course near me shut down last year. I used to love going there for their grass driving range. Recently dscovered another course that has a range, putting green, and a really nice short game area with three different greens to chip up to. Everything you need to improve your game. Plan on spending a lot of time there moving forward...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Shot 86 on Saturday.  Had (4) 3-putts that killed me and a couple bad tee shots.  

JojoRice said:
    Shot 86 on Saturday.  Had (4) 3-putts that killed me and a couple bad tee shots.  
    Great round
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bethpage week!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Bethpage week!

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Love Bethpage and everything it stands for in Championship golf.  I am a muni guy and dislike the country club culture of golf in this country, so this is right up my alley.

That said, for someone who thinks they know a decent amount of golf courses in this country and has walked, not played, a handful of the best, I am not terribly familiar with Bethpage Black. I played Red maybe 15-20 years ago.  Have seen the opening tee shot on Black which looks absolutely brutal.  Generally long par 3s.  There is a gettable par 5 early and the last is an easy hole. About all I can rattle off.

Gonna be a fun week. Think I saw it looks like it will potentially be the first major ever with every player in the top 100 in the field.
    Love Bethpage and everything it stands for in Championship golf.  I am a muni guy and dislike the country club culture of golf in this country, so this is right up my alley.

That said, for someone who thinks they know a decent amount of golf courses in this country and has walked, not played, a handful of the best, I am not terribly familiar with Bethpage Black. I played Red maybe 15-20 years ago.  Have seen the opening tee shot on Black which looks absolutely brutal.  Generally long par 3s.  There is a gettable par 5 early and the last is an easy hole. About all I can rattle off.

Gonna be a fun week. Think I saw it looks like it will potentially be the first major ever with every player in the top 100 in the field.
    Minus your boy. Out with wrist injury. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Minus your boy. Out with wrist injury. 
    Ugh...yeah, just saw that.  That sucks.
    Would love to just walk Bethpage Black to get a sense of it.   I would stock up on $1 Top Flight golf balls if I ever played there.
    I'm not a big fan of the country club culture either.  I joined one though to be able to show up whenever I wanted without a tee time and be on the first tee in about 5 minutes.  The only time that doesn't work is afternoons on Saturdays and Sundays and still I might be 20 minutes from a tee time.   I like being able to bounce around the course if I want, play 5 holes, 9 holes, 18 holes, etc... based on how much time I have.   I don't mind playing in 40 degree weather so I can have a nice Donald Ross course all to myself a lot of times.  I don't really use it for any social benefits.  I play golf and that is all I'm interested in. 
    I'm not a big fan of the country club culture either.  I joined one though to be able to show up whenever I wanted without a tee time and be on the first tee in about 5 minutes.  The only time that doesn't work is afternoons on Saturdays and Sundays and still I might be 20 minutes from a tee time.   I like being able to bounce around the course if I want, play 5 holes, 9 holes, 18 holes, etc... based on how much time I have.   I don't mind playing in 40 degree weather so I can have a nice Donald Ross course all to myself a lot of times.  I don't really use it for any social benefits.  I play golf and that is all I'm interested in. 
    You kind of have to in the US. Granted many folks in the UK are members of clubs but the clubs tend to be much more accessible and are only about golf. There the club is being part of a team of sorts, here it is a status symbol. There’s is a big distinction between “club” over there and “country club” over here. But yeah it is tough to have access to a nice course here:

Even the exclusive clubs clubs over there are accessible. You can get on Troon, Laytham, Birkdale and others. Hell, look at St. Andrews and Carnoustie. Cruden 

Imagine pine valley, cypress or Augusta having days where non members are allowed to play?!?

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    “dryject.” they do it at augusta, too. :wink:

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    “dryject.” they do it at augusta, too. :wink:

I get that done twice a year in my back yard. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    You kind of have to in the US. Granted many folks in the UK are members of clubs but the clubs tend to be much more accessible and are only about golf. There the club is being part of a team of sorts, here it is a status symbol. There’s is a big distinction between “club” over there and “country club” over here. But yeah it is tough to have access to a nice course here:

Even the exclusive clubs clubs over there are accessible. You can get on Troon, Laytham, Birkdale and others. Hell, look at St. Andrews and Carnoustie. Cruden 

Imagine pine valley, cypress or Augusta having days where non members are allowed to play?!?

That sure would be nice!  Even if I was super rich and had the money to pay the absurd fees that most country clubs charge, not a chance I would join one.  I caddied all through high school at my local country club and the whole scene is just so douchey....would never want to be part of something like that.  They do it right in the UK.
    Interesting timing on the wrongful death lawsuit with Tiger.  Week of the PGA when Tiger is one of the big stories in the media.  
    I've been a member at Dogwood Golf Club in Austell, GA for 5 years.  Don't let the name fool you though.  It's basically a bar with a golf course. It's a family owned course a very laid back.  Nothing like the typical "country club".  No pool and no tennis courts either. 

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Interesting timing on the wrongful death lawsuit with Tiger.  Week of the PGA when Tiger is one of the big stories in the media.  
    how is the owner personally responsible in that case? yes I can see the restaurant (assuming a corporation) having some issues but can a person who wasn't on the premises during the situation somehow be held accountable?  seems like they are targeting the famous person and his money here. yes he was clearly over served but i don't see how Tiger not being on the premises can be held accountable.
    JojoRice said:
    I've been a member at Dogwood Golf Club in Austell, GA for 5 years.  Don't let the name fool you though.  It's basically a bar with a golf course. It's a family owned course a very laid back.  Nothing like the typical "country club".  No pool and no tennis courts either. 
    This is different. There are outliers. 

That sure would be nice!  Even if I was super rich and had the money to pay the absurd fees that most country clubs charge, not a chance I would join one.  I caddied all through high school at my local country club and the whole scene is just so douchey....would never want to be part of something like that.  They do it right in the UK.
    I know a few people in the Philly area who are members at a half way decent club and it's almost embarrassing how they talk about it.

Never was a caddie.  Did odd things at my muni and that was funny enough.  Can't imagine what you guys had to say about the members.