Are we done?

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    on2legs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    I love that vacation is so hard for everyone on this board.  Consider me jealous, I haven’t had a day off in over a year now, and I’ve been working 70 hours a week for the last 80 days.  I’ll trade with someone so that they can work and I can have an exhausting vacation.
    No salary is worth that. I'd find somewhere else to work if I had 70+ hour work weeks and no days off in over a year.
    I bought this ticket though, dude. I complain of course but it’s my own making.
    I actually can't believe it's legal for an employer to do that. People should turn back to the unions in the USA, and fight for worker's rights again. I can't believe there isn't mandatory paid vacation time in effect for you. Or are you self-employed and just choosing to overwork yourself?
    I think he’s self-employed.  Isn’t he the guy that wanted help with coming up with a PJ related name for a restaurant?
    Ah. Well that's different... But everyone should try and not overwork themselves too much - it can lead to health probs! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    Get_Right said:
    Lowlight said:
    vedpunk said:
    You guys realize Pearl Jam is a business right?  And they aim to sell as many tickets as quickly as possible?  

So many ignore or miss this.
    Probably more than a few do not understand ROI.

Alot of fans say festivals provide the best ROI. I say play a ton of shows at MSG, charge closer to market value and watch that ROI skyrocket.

But alas, we are nearly done
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    Lowlight said:
    vedpunk said:
    You guys realize Pearl Jam is a business right?  And they aim to sell as many tickets as quickly as possible?  

So many ignore or miss this.
    Probably more than a few do not understand ROI.

Alot of fans say festivals provide the best ROI. I say play a ton of shows at MSG, charge closer to market value and watch that ROI skyrocket.

But alas, we are nearly done
    Id love an NYC residency. I live in the NYC suburbs. They would make a ton of cash, but its also a LOT more work and I believe people tend to under estimate the physical toll the shows take on the band. Play two hours make $2mil. MSG cant beat that ROI. Market rates? The fans complain about current prices, which are probably about half the market rate. Some demand would definitely be lost.  

I think PJ's model is to play a festival or two, get a big paycheck and use those funds to buy carbon credits (or however that works) to offset the surrounding arena/amphitheater shows. But I really know nothing. Its all speculation on my part. It just seems that has been the model.