Options

Are we done?

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Who gives a flying fuck? Money is supposed to make their itinerary less exhausting? Yeah, I am the complete opposite of the spectrum and it's because I'm tired of all the piss-poor fucking attitudes around here.  You all sit here behind your keyboards acting like demanding little babies and like you know what the fuck band members think and feel and how they should act and what schedule they should be on and who is with them and on and on.  Bunch of spoiled fucking brats.  No single member nor the collective of this band owes you a fucking thing.  We'll  get a fucking album when they're damn well good and ready.
  • Options
    Who gives a flying fuck? Money is supposed to make their itinerary less exhausting? Yeah, I am the complete opposite of the spectrum and it's because I'm tired of all the piss-poor fucking attitudes around here.  You all sit here behind your keyboards acting like demanding little babies and like you know what the fuck band members think and feel and how they should act and what schedule they should be on and who is with them and on and on.  Bunch of spoiled fucking brats.  No single member nor the collective of this band owes you a fucking thing.  We'll  get a fucking album when they're damn well good and ready. 
    Spot on, entitlement.
  • Options
    Handful of shows in South America, a bunch in Europe, another handful of shows in huge stadiums all across the US.
    It is all relative I guess.   If you played 20 games of pick up basketball would you be talking about recovering from it 7 months later?  

The guy clearly has so much free time he can stand in the water holding a guitar for an art project.  Don’t pretend their level of touring is exhausting.  

Normal people work 60 hours a week every week, so a month traveling Europe with everything planned for you to the point someone brings your passport for you is not as much of a chore.  Most of us would call it a vacation.  
    What a load of horseshit!  That ain't fuckin normal.  You need to re-read your posts and look at how ridiculous you sound.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Exactly right
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited April 2019
    Where is your examples of spoiled fucking brats? 

Everyone is supposed to feel like you I guess? Some people are excited for new music. Some people are excited for a new tour. This is the place we come to talk about it. It is ok to be disappointed that a new album is not on the horizon or no touring plans for this year. No they do not owe us anything but I think it is great this band still has fans that have a burning desire to see them or hear new music . If more people are ok with no touring years and no new album then I would be worried.  

Would a little more communication kill the Ten Club or this band. I mean they are the ones that put forthcoming out there and started this hype. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited April 2019

Handful of shows in South America, a bunch in Europe, another handful of shows in huge stadiums all across the US.
    It is all relative I guess.   If you played 20 games of pick up basketball would you be talking about recovering from it 7 months later?  

The guy clearly has so much free time he can stand in the water holding a guitar for an art project.  Don’t pretend their level of touring is exhausting.  

Normal people work 60 hours a week every week, so a month traveling Europe with everything planned for you to the point someone brings your passport for you is not as much of a chore.  Most of us would call it a vacation.  
    I don't think I know anybody who works 60 hours a week.... I guess my friend who has a union job and then does freelance side jobs on the weekends might, but not because he has to. Because he wants to. But as far as how exhausting touring is or isn't... I frankly have no clue. I'm thinking it could be mentally exhausting just dealing with a constant barrage of people ALL the time. Fans (and stalker-fans), the crew, other staff, publicity people, the media, the rest of the band and whoever each of them bring into the picture, friends popping up everywhere they go, day and night ..... I think I could do about a week of that before quitting and going to live alone in the mountains, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Where is your examples of spoiled fucking brats? 

Everyone is supposed to feel like you I guess? Some people are excited for new music. Some people are excited for a new tour. This is the place we come to talk about it. It is ok to be disappointed that a new album is not on the horizon or no touring plans for this year. No they do not owe us anything but I think it is great this band still has fans that have a burning desire to see them or hear new music . If more people are ok with no touring years and no new album then I would be worried.  

Would a little more communication kill the Ten Club or this band. I mean they are the ones that put forthcoming out there and started this hype. 
    I agree on the communication part, especially on the 10C.  But to sit here and say oh they (PJ) do this, they do that, they should be doing this, the tour isn't that exhausting, assume how band members feel, whose fault it is, they got time for this but not make records for us, they make millions, they travel posh, blah blah blah blah blah.  I'm not saying everyone has to feel like me, and I understand desire & anxiousness, but it's the same whining over and over like they owe something to us.  Discussion is one thing, I just wish it were more positive. Instead it's just constant bitching and moaning about what the band is, isn't, or should be doing.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    No one deserves anything from this band...well except the 2 singles they paid for as part of their membership, beyond that, yeah, I'm on board with that sentiment. That being said, pretending that the tour they did last year was either big or extensive is horseshit, so you can quit trying to force that down other people's throats. While the band felt exhausted, something we can't argue about because it's a personal feeling for them, supporting it as a big touring year is not accurate. It is all relative, and as an industry comparison, or even band historical comparison, is a bit of a reach. I'm fine if that's all they want to do, but the problem is the band and it's communication device, 10C, have consistently over sold what's either going on or what isn't going on. They made this mess, so if they are sick of people questioning motivations and lack there of, then they should either just shut the fuck up and let people speculate to their heart's content or be clear when they do speak. As fans, people are frustrated and annoyed, again, feelings that can't be argued about, because of how they have chosen to go about things.

In the end, it's their choice, and as far as I'm concerned the ball is in their court at this point, not to prove anything as a band, but to honor their outstanding commitments to the paying fans.

Now, I'm going to go yell at a cloud for dramatic effect.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117

I am not sure which "all" you are responding to...

But I am very happy to see you are so forthcoming with your opinion.
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    You all have forgotten about PJ30, ,

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    You all have forgotten about PJ30, ,

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    tbergs said:
    No one deserves anything from this band...well except the 2 singles they paid for as part of their membership, beyond that, yeah, I'm on board with that sentiment. That being said, pretending that the tour they did last year was either big or extensive is horseshit, so you can quit trying to force that down other people's throats. While the band felt exhausted, something we can't argue about because it's a personal feeling for them, supporting it as a big touring year is not accurate. It is all relative, and as an industry comparison, or even band historical comparison, is a bit of a reach. I'm fine if that's all they want to do, but the problem is the band and it's communication device, 10C, have consistently over sold what's either going on or what isn't going on. They made this mess, so if they are sick of people questioning motivations and lack there of, then they should either just shut the fuck up and let people speculate to their heart's content or be clear when they do speak. As fans, people are frustrated and annoyed, again, feelings that can't be argued about, because of how they have chosen to go about things.

In the end, it's their choice, and as far as I'm concerned the ball is in their court at this point, not to prove anything as a band, but to honor their outstanding commitments to the paying fans.

Now, I'm going to go yell at a cloud for dramatic effect.
    Perfectly said, and 100% agree. (BTW, I just yelled at the clouds for you, too :)  )
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

If I didn't know any better, the last few posts are best indications so far, that this thread has run its course.

Every Monday I'm flabbergasted that this convo is still going, but somehow my mouse is magnetically dragged to it.

And everytime I read, "Are We Done", I think if Ice Cube in Are We There Yet... Uncanny similarities in that.

I would add the cliché... my 2 cents, but Canada dumped the penny, so now my offering is $0.05

• Options

Ten Club Info (Ten Club)

Mar 26, 8:39 AM PDT

Hello Eric,

Hope you have been well!! Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the Band is still making the 2017 and 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the fan club.

The 2017 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine will be shipped when they are finished. You'll know that the 2017 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine are on their way when the completed digital copies are made available to you on your DOWNLOADS page. We are very sorry for the delay. The 2018 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine will be shipped to you when they are finished as well.

• You should also have the 2011-2016 Digital Ten Club Singles & Deep Magazines to download.

If you have any issues downloading, please try a different browser. You will want to download Google Chrome or Firefox instead.

This download is not like iTunes downloads, it is compressed and need to be uncompressed before you listen to it.

You need to SAVE the file to your desktop. Once the zip file is saved, you need to double click on the zip file to uncompress the files and a new folder will be created and the files will be in this folder. Please note where this folder is placed, it's easiest to have it on your desktop. You can then drag the folder into your itunes, or click on the individual files and, if itunes is your default media player, the song will open with itunes.

• Make sure to keep your Primary Shipping Address up to date in your account. These will be shipped out automatically to your Primary address. Remember to delete any outdated addresses from here as well.

Please add donotreply@pearljam.com & shipping@tenclub.net to your email address book so you will not miss updates.

Be sure to stay posted to the site and forum for any future updates.

Have a Beautiful Week!~
    PEACE!!!
    Best Wishes,
    10c

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    Singles and Deep Answer

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    my_wavemy_wave clearwater, FL Posts: 337
    some of these comments are starting to sound like trump tweets 
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    my_wave said:
    Have we assigned social counsel for investigation on whether Pearl Jam has colluded with anyone to withhold a new album? I can't wait for that to report to drop. Heads will spin!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    This is the best way I’d be able to put it. All things considered, this band has done a lot of work in almost 30 years of existence. How many bands even last that long without a break up? As far as new music goes, I’d love it but new music at this point won't define the band. They wouldn’t be writing new music to put out singles or stay relevant. New music will come when they are in a good place and motivated. I’m okay waiting for that because they have so much content out there to dig into between albums and bootlegs, years and years of bootlegs to listen to from so many different eras. At this point anything new is more icing on a cake that still tastes great after all this time.
    Exactly. Even if this band had only ever given us half of the albums that they did, that would be a lot more than we've gotten from other artists that we listen to. I'm just happy that I happened to pass through this plane of existence at the same time they did, sorry if that sounds a bit hippy.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    my_wave said:
    Have we assigned social counsel for investigation on whether Pearl Jam has colluded with anyone to withhold a new album? I can't wait for that to report to drop. Heads will spin!

I hear this guy Mueller has some free time opening up in the spring.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Jbarker said:

If I didn't know any better, the last few posts are best indications so far, that this thread has run its course.

Every Monday I'm flabbergasted that this convo is still going, but somehow my mouse is magnetically dragged to it.

And everytime I read, "Are We Done", I think if Ice Cube in Are We There Yet... Uncanny similarities in that.

I would add the cliché... my 2 cents, but Canada dumped the penny, so now my offering is $0.05

Probably your mouse is drawn to here because perhaps this is the one band that you find most exciting to see live?

The fan base was amped up for 2019 activity based on a press release last year. It's just now starting to whimper down. The downward spiral brought some Doom and gloom venting, that's all.

Considering 2021 is not far off, it probably makes more sense for 2020 and 2021 to be busy years on the road and 2019 to be at home with some time in the studio here and there.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,594
    Just saw Mikes festival news. What weird times we live in when partial members of my favorite bands are playing, but not the whole band. Looks like this is not a Pearl Jam isolated phenomenon.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    I don’t think they owe us anything.  I knew they had slowed down about ten years ago.  My “trigger” on this board is when people think their tour schedule is exhausting.  My last day off of work was in 2018 so forgive me if I don’t think six weeks of touring in the last two years is exhausting.   Might be exhausting for them because they are probably used to a more relaxed schedule outside of touring.  That is their reality.   Many people have to work multiple jobs to pay the bills.  
  • Options
    This is the best way I’d be able to put it. All things considered, this band has done a lot of work in almost 30 years of existence. How many bands even last that long without a break up? As far as new music goes, I’d love it but new music at this point won't define the band. They wouldn’t be writing new music to put out singles or stay relevant. New music will come when they are in a good place and motivated. I’m okay waiting for that because they have so much content out there to dig into between albums and bootlegs, years and years of bootlegs to listen to from so many different eras. At this point anything new is more icing on a cake that still tastes great after all this time.
    Exactly. Even if this band had only ever given us half of the albums that they did, that would be a lot more than we've gotten from other artists that we listen to. I'm just happy that I happened to pass through this plane of existence at the same time they did, sorry if that sounds a bit hippy.
    Well said

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    I don’t think they owe us anything.  I knew they had slowed down about ten years ago.  My “trigger” on this board is when people think their tour schedule is exhausting.  My last day off of work was in 2018 so forgive me if I don’t think six weeks of touring in the last two years is exhausting.   Might be exhausting for them because they are probably used to a more relaxed schedule outside of touring.  That is their reality.   Many people have to work multiple jobs to pay the bills.  
    I agree 1000000% with this.  Getting exhausted from working 3 hours a day for 25 days (at the most) is comical.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    They don’t owe us anything etc. The fact that it’s been strongly hinted at that even the guys in the band themselves don’t know where the band is at in terms of next move has got to be something worthy of concern.

Who knows how this will all play out but probably fair to say it’s not how I and probably a fair few of us thought it would go, so yeah it’s worth some healthy debate if you ask me. 

My 2 cents. 
  • Options
    stratmad said:
    They don’t owe us anything etc. The fact that it’s been strongly hinted at that even the guys in the band themselves don’t know where the band is at in terms of next move has got to be something worthy of concern.

Who knows how this will all play out but probably fair to say it’s not how I and probably a fair few of us thought it would go, so yeah it’s worth some healthy debate if you ask me. 

My 2 cents. 

Only because they raised expectations for 2019. Otherwise it's not our business.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    PJNB said:
    They had a bunch of songs done when CDM came out. What has been done since then is what I want to know. 
    guaranteed half those songs from the CDM sessions don't make it on the next record.   Lost Dog's 2.0
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    edited April 2019
    stratmad said:

My 2 cents. 

Only because they raised expectations for 2019. Otherwise it's not our business.
    It’s not our business what they do with themselves individually or with the band as that’s their lives and they don’t owe us anything as people, but it’s worthy for constructive discussion and speculation, which is the point of this or any kind of forum.

I’ve said it before: Pearl Jam
    doesnt see Pearl Jam
    as their primary artistic and creative venture right now. Hopefully that will change and soon, but I’m not entirely optimistic and that’s not the path I had anticipated the band would take. But that’s life. 
    Post edited by stratmad on