Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mickeyrat said:
    Jason P said:
    Wasn’t Gale running it when Walt came aboard? 

My memory is a bit hazy because I binged BB in such a short time frame a lot of the details are blurry...
    I think so.  Walt may have been undercutting their established product with a more pure version 
    hmmm, not so sure. As I recall Gale had gotten the lab set up with equipment and that was all. After being given a sample to test its purity and potency, Gale was eager to work with Walt.
    Just watched the episode where Gale cooked with Walt for the first time. Gale didn't act like he knew anything, but it could have been more about not knowing Walt's recipe for a better product. Still not clear and I think there will be some inconsistencies because they probably weren't thinking every detail would be examined for a spin off prequel. Everything in the lab was new when Gus gave Walt the tour.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    season finale starts soon.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Yep.  Kim wrote the letter.  
    I think the rest of the construction crew are goners.
    The transformation is complete and it's all good man.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    TalonTedd said:
    I don't think she did. I think she believed what he was saying to the board and thought he was actually being sincere. That's why she was so confused at the end.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    TalonTedd said:
    I don't think she did. I think she believed what he was saying to the board and thought he was actually being sincere. That's why she was so confused at the end.
    Is this a theory or did we see her write the letter?
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    Thanks. 
    Did anyone else think that Saul & Mike tipping over the edge in the last few minutes felt a bit rushed after seeing them be pretty damn likeable and sincere (if flawed) for the last 4 years?
    Dragged a bit for a finale and lacked the urgency I would have expected. I guess we saw the turning points for Mike and Jimmy. Now it's clear why the lab took so much longer too. It seems we have a set-up for a whole season of Lalo causing Gus issues and trying to figure out what was going on with the German guy and a south wall.
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    Thanks. 
    Did anyone else think that Saul & Mike tipping over the edge in the last few minutes felt a bit rushed after seeing them be pretty damn likeable and sincere (if flawed) for the last 4 years?
    In the context of that particular show, maybe. But the whole season was leading to those two moments. We knew they were headed there. 

Sucks we have to wait another year and a half or so for the next season. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:
    Dragged a bit for a finale and lacked the urgency I would have expected. I guess we saw the turning points for Mike and Jimmy. Now it's clear why the lab took so much longer too. It seems we have a set-up for a whole season of Lalo causing Gus issues and trying to figure out what was going on with the German guy and a south wall.
    Sounds exciting!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    tbergs said:
    This show is always dragging and lacking urgency!  Another very good season but just felt like something was missing.  
    tbergs said:
    This show is always dragging and lacking urgency!  Another very good season but just felt like something was missing.  
    It's true. We need more south wall (my personal fave new character this season)
    TalonTedd said:
    I Think you're right.  solid finale but yeah kinda sucks got to wait so long for the next season.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Still good but I thought last season was so much better. It was nice to Charles back for a bit.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    Thanks. 
    That was not the worst thing Saul has done.
    Mike, I can see that argument. It also looked like he tried his best not to kill anyone, but is probably equally afraid of Gus as anyone else, and knows he has to.
    He did save the wife, if it wasn't for him, she'd be dead too.
    mace1229 said:
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    Thanks. 
    Mike, I can see that argument. It also looked like he tried his best not to kill anyone, but is probably equally afraid of Gus as anyone else, and knows he has to.
    Right I guess Saul just seemed more venomous about this scheme than usual (which is of course what upset Kim?).
    True, Mike sacrificed one and saved the other rather than losing both. I guess I never saw him in the hit man role (can't recall how far he goes in BB, already blurry on that).  
    VanEyck said:
    mace1229 said:
    VanEyck said:
    VanEyck said:
    TalonTedd said:
    It was a theory. 
    Thanks. 
    Right I guess Saul just seemed more venomous about this scheme than usual (which is of course what upset Kim?).
    True, Mike sacrificed one and saved the other rather than losing both. I guess I never saw him in the hit man role (can't recall how far he goes in BB, already blurry on that).  
    Oddly enough, I have been rewatching BB and forgot how terrible of a person Saul really is compared with Jimmy. Even the brief glimpse we get of the flip at the end of the finale is nothing compared to the money driven evil bastard he has become in the BB world. I don't think it was much of a jump because he's basically been soulless this whole season and really started turning with the small steps last season between him and Chuck.

As for Mike, he knew Gus wanted Werner dead and it was either going to be a malicious murder at the hands of his two top men or Mike easing Werner in to it so he could allow him some closure and humanity while saving the wife.
    Side note, but did anyone else notice if Lalo was humming "The Winner Takes It All" when they transitioned from the Jimmy/Chuck flashback to him surveilling Gus' operation? I couldn't quite tell, but swore it was the same tune.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Finally watched the final episode tonight.  thoughts ....

* this season moved along faster than previous seasons, but still at a snails pace compared to other shows.  I fear we will never see the show reach a conclusion because actors may start dying of old age in real life

*. Final episode went out on 4 out of 5 meh’s. No real cliffhanger. No intense moments (almost an amazing feat considered Mike icing a dude).  The great German escape pivoted on tourist pamphlets and the least exciting car chase filmed in recent years???  I feel like the shows writers finished episode 9, gave each other high fives and then told the interns they were heading to Vegas and to come up with an ending for the final show. 

* It’s all good, man ... right?
    tbergs said:
    Side note, but did anyone else notice if Lalo was humming "The Winner Takes It All" when they transitioned from the Jimmy/Chuck flashback to him surveilling Gus' operation? I couldn't quite tell, but swore it was the same tune.
    Yes! Pretty sure Lalo was also humming "The Winner Takes It All"Jason P said:
    Finally watched the final episode tonight.  thoughts ....

* this season moved along faster than previous seasons, but still at a snails pace compared to other shows.  I fear we will never see the show reach a conclusion because actors may start dying of old age in real life
    ^^^ This has been keeping me up at night... With all of these actors their age is going in the wrong direction and there's only so much good makeup can do...
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    fucking bullshit. first its 10 week seasons. now this added delay....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The cast will start dying off in real life before this series even heats up.  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I wonder how much the Breaking Bad movie is playing in to its delay?
    Either way, this is sad news.
    mca47 said:
    Not sure if that has much impact on Better Call Saul.  I remember reading that Vince Gilligan wasn't involved very much in writing season 4 of BCS because he was working on "other projects" which I assume was writing the breaking bad movie.  And it sounds like they've been filming that movie in secret the past few months.  Also saw that they just started filming season 5 of BCS.  A lot of action going down in the breaking bad universe!
    mca47 said:
    Not sure if that has much impact on Better Call Saul.  I remember reading that Vince Gilligan wasn't involved very much in writing season 4 of BCS because he was working on "other projects" which I assume was writing the breaking bad movie.  And it sounds like they've been filming that movie in secret the past few months.  Also saw that they just started filming season 5 of BCS.  A lot of action going down in the breaking bad universe!
    Good to hear.  I just want it all NOW!  haha
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    Haha me too!  I went down a real rabbit hole earlier and ended up on some instagram account from some dude in Albuquerque who was stalking all the filming locations of the BB movie.  Seems like they were shooting it the past 3-4 months and keeping it as secret as possible.  Hopefully we'll get that movie later this year to hold us over for season 5 of Saul!
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    Haha me too!  I went down a real rabbit hole earlier and ended up on some instagram account from some dude in Albuquerque who was stalking all the filming locations of the BB movie.  Seems like they were shooting it the past 3-4 months and keeping it as secret as possible.  Hopefully we'll get that movie later this year to hold us over for season 5 of Saul!
    I go there for work every month or so.  Haven't seen anything, but I'm also not really going out of my way.
    Early last year, I'm pretty sure (99%) that I parked right next to Johnathan Banks.  Got out of my car at the UNM Cancer Center and the car (Jaguar) next to me had what appeared to be Johnathan Banks chatting on a phone.  I thought about giving a nod or a wave, but it seemed weird.
    Season 6 next year will be the last one.  Kinda fitting that it will end up with almost the exact same number of episodes as BB.  Can't wait for season 5 to finally start up next month.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-ending-season-6-amc-1267357
    Season 6 next year will be the last one.  Kinda fitting that it will end up with almost the exact same number of episodes as BB.  Can't wait for season 5 to finally start up next month.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/better-call-saul-ending-season-6-amc-1267357
    I'm glad there is another season. Was kinda expecting this one to be the last. 

And I know we've said this a bunch in here but it's been how long since the last season? 2 years? I barely remember what the hell happened at this point!
    chinese-happy.jpg