Options

Better Call Saul WARNING Spoiler Alert

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    Jumb0 said:
    Gameday
    yep....can't wait
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    How long is tonight's episode?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DirectV shows 1hr 38 mins

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,520
    I'm pretty excited for tonight... the episodes setting the scene for Gene & Jeffey were tough to get through, but I thought last week's with Kim picked up some steam. 

Now that the authorities are clued in to Saul being in Omaha, I can't wait to see where tonight takes us. 

I'll be sorry it's over, but I'm quite pleased so far w/ how this final season has played out. I'll be surprised if the finale is underwhelming... anything is possible, but they've done such a great job wrapping up the Nacho, Howard and Lalo storylines, I'll be surprised if tonight falls short.     
  • Options
    I can't say I have any idea what to expect.

Kind of impossible for Jimmy to continue to hide now that he has been exposed. I know we got a snip of him contacting the vacuum guy but I'm not sure if that was Gene contacting him for the second time or if it was a snip of Saul contacting him the first time.

I would think the vacuum guy would steer clear of Gene since he couldn't adhere to the rules.

• Options

Kind of impossible for Jimmy to continue to hide now that he has been exposed. I know we got a snip of him contacting the vacuum guy but I'm not sure if that was Gene contacting him for the second time or if it was a snip of Saul contacting him the first time.

I would think the vacuum guy would steer clear of Gene since he couldn't adhere to the rules.
    I've watched this entire season w/ zero expectations... it's been pretty damn rewarding so far. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,932

my impression was it was Gene after a wreck. Car appeared upside down.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,909
    mickeyrat said:

my impression was it was Gene after a wreck. Car appeared upside down.
    That was his car from the adventure in the desert picking up Lalo's bail money.  More rusted so my assumption is time has passed and it's still there in that hole.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,836
    Depressing that it’s over. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

If he does make the call, I don't know if vacuum guy would know the circumstances for which he called.  I'd imagine Gene would make that call fairly quickly after he ran off.  And, that being said, how much time would it take for the authorities to a) get to Carol Burnett's house b) Discover who "Saul" really is.  I mean, if you had some old lady saying she knew of a con man from ABQ who was in her house without any proof (Can't imagine Jeff fessing up), and her not knowing where Gene lives...I'd guess Gene has some time to get what he needs and get the hell out of town...vacuum guy or otherwise.  
    Based on the foreshadow of the car in the preview....I wonder if the cartel/ any remaining bad dudes from the BB timeline will catch wind of Saul's existence.  Or perhaps set a trap for him.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Its pretty certain the show will not end with him being hidden again, especially hidden with Kim.  There is a precedent set now that the story is far from over if/when that happens.  Kim is like adding steroids to Saul's conning.

I am guessing there will be one last major con in this episode that wraps things up between the authorities, Kim, and likely his death/incarceration.  
    I cant see where it can possibly go though.  he seems hopelessly wrapped up in being a villain.  Kim is pretty miserable in her fake existence/guilt.  
    IMO the happiest end that we can hope for is if Saul goes to prison and the last scene is him running some sort of fast-talking con on some jacked and confused inmates.  But what is a potential happy-end for Kim?  

I guess that Kim may sacrifice herself somehow so that Saul may live.  "Im happy you are alive" was literally the only positivity from her in the last episode.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    Miracle Whip - gross.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Miracle Whip - gross.
    100%!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Its pretty certain the show will not end with him being hidden again, especially hidden with Kim.  There is a precedent set now that the story is far from over if/when that happens.  Kim is like adding steroids to Saul's conning.

I am guessing there will be one last major con in this episode that wraps things up between the authorities, Kim, and likely his death/incarceration.  
    I cant see where it can possibly go though.  he seems hopelessly wrapped up in being a villain.  Kim is pretty miserable in her fake existence/guilt.  
    IMO the happiest end that we can hope for is if Saul goes to prison and the last scene is him running some sort of fast-talking con on some jacked and confused inmates.  But what is a potential happy-end for Kim?  

I guess that Kim may sacrifice herself somehow so that Saul may live.  "Im happy you are alive" was literally the only positivity from her in the last episode.
    I think Kim's path to redemption (or as happy an ending as she can hope for) started with coming clean about Howard to both the authorities and his wife.
    Based on how cold Jimmy was to her and her reaction to him when signing the divorce papers, I'm thinking he's dead to her... I can't see her sacrificing anything for him after that. 

Never say never, this show has kept me guessing every step of the way... but I don't see a happy ending for Jimmy / Saul at the end of this.

MAYBE Kim finds some peace, IDK. 

The real irony IMO, is that Jimmy on several occasions wanted to pull back from the Howard grift, and at one point was somewhat torn about working w/ the cartel...  It was Kim that kept pushing to take down Howard. It was Kim who suggested Jimmy's only other option to being a friend of the cartel was to be a rat. Several times Jimmy was at a crossroads leaning toward doing good, and it was Kim that steered him wrong. 

Once the Howard grift ended with his death, it was Kim who wasn't been able to live with the guilt, where as Saul only seemed emboldened by what transpired and went on to become the scumbag we knew in Breaking Bad. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    I think it was pertinent that Kim noticed the guy going into court all nervous about how he was dressed, and maybe she wants to get back to that altruistic lawyering.

The receptionist whining about her boyfriend buying her an exercise bike for her birthday cracked me up.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Saul/Gene/Jimmy is not going to make it out. Kim is going to join Jesse as the only major character from the universe to "survive". 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Miracle Whip - gross.
    Ha! This is one of then few things my husband and I have argued about. (We now have a jar of each in the fridge 😂)

One thing I love about this series is its magnificent absence of laziness, whether it relates to writing, cinematography, acting, all of it. Done so damn well, and not a whiff of shark-jumping. 
  • Options
    diamonds... saw that happening.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    "so, you were always like this"

• Options
    who knew about this?

and Giancarlo's " The Driver" ?

• Options
    WOW!!!

• Options
    Crazy shit 

• Options
    Loved it. 

So sad it’s over. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,985
    Great ending to a great series. I will miss it. 
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    mickeyrat said:
    diamonds... saw that happening.....
    I was so stressed out he left that container open.  Having 2 young kids, I knew what was going to happen.

Anyways.  Great ending to the show, and everything was brought full-circle.  
  • Options
    I was surprised that they caught him that quick....I was assuming most of the episode would be him running

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I was surprised that they caught him that quick....I was assuming most of the episode would be him running
    IDK... if he gave Jeffey & his mom his full fake name, the police getting to his residence as quickly as they did adds up.

In hindsight, I was a little surprised that Oakley had no clue about Kim coming clean about Hamlin's death. In fairness, they have painted his character as buffoonish, and it was only 48 hours prior that Kim had submitted her affidavit, but still & all... you would think word of a story like that would spread pretty damn quickly in the Albuquerque law community.    
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Yeah I kinda thought the same but he has always been a white collar criminal....no way he would last on the run and evade a manhunt.

Great ending to a great series.  Going to miss the BB/BCS universe.
  • Options
    Yeah I kinda thought the same but he has always been a white collar criminal....no way he would last on the run and evade a manhunt.

Great ending to a great series.  Going to miss the BB/BCS universe.
    same....great TV

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA